Official Enigmata Stellar War Thread page 67

2027 posts

Flag Post

Upgraded to X-Zacs, and maxed them out. Now I have ships that won’t die in 20 Seconds lol

Flag Post

I am convinced that the Zava Detector upgrade DOES stack, because the 2nd game I played after I added 3 more, I found, in one game:
1 Aries
2 Arcane Wraths
1 Wall
1 Sanctum Beacon
1 Gold Generator

It is possible that I got REALLY lucky, and that this, and the game after are just coincidences, but I doubt it. It fits too much.

Here is the screenshot of the Arcane Wraths!

Flag Post

I don’t even know why I post here- nobody is on…. but, nevertheless, here is my (again) re-done base. Because whenever I get an Ultra Rare unit, I need to restructure everything to add it in. It looks pretty cool, if I’d say so myself!

It still can’t beat Lvl. 15 on Hard or Insane, but once I actually get another 2 Aries, I expect to kick some serious ass! Plus, if I move my shields to the top, my base can take on just about any other base, except for the very gay ones- like the ones that smush their base into a corner and scatter their shields- that’s just not legit gameplay. It’s a cop-out for those who wouldn’t last a second if they were fighting fair.

Because, let’s face it, anyone can push their base to a corner. It’s the units and the upgrades that do the work.

Well, here is my base:

Flag Post

Hmm, might take another 10-20 Tesires with another Tech Center to check if it’s so. But I wonder, can you consistently pwn enemies with this base on insane Tesire? (While there are no Galaxy Turrets to eat up your shields vs the orange shielded 4k enemy.) Also, why just 4 negvoiders? You’ll have a hard time vs Villalobos without complete negative resist.

Flag Post

I probably will add another 2 Neg Voiders, but right now I’m not aiming to beat Villalabos- I am searching for rares, and I have another 3-4 Tech centers with Zava Detectors just sitting in my bank. What I’ll do is I’ll take away two of the Chargors from the front and replace them with the Neg Voiders.

But until I get another 2 Aries, I won’t even attempt the 5th Level.

And yes, this base can easily kill anything on Tesire, even with Taunt.

Flag Post

One Neg Voider is enough if your neg voiders overlap entire base. You give them team resistance of 21% each, this makes entire base impervious to darkness, confuse etc etc.

By the way, did you find your Aries when playing Tesire on normal, hard or insane?

Flag Post

I found it on Hard at Tesire.

Flag Post

I finally beat Lvl. 15 on Hard. I think I could beat it at Insane right now, but I’d rather play it safe and wait for a 2nd Aries.

Flag Post

hi! this is how i got 4 “Nice try” on level. but i had to begin new game.
place many aegis barriers on top and mid of map and place them again when they destroyed. enemies hit barriers and not move to base. you shouldn’t destroy them and collect any coins.
near base – 3 vira healers and couple of core blasters. i added more blasters to kill boss when it’s half charged.
many units lost – Nice try
long boss kill time – Nice try
about 10 enemies killed – Nice try
0.2k gold collected – Nice try

Flag Post

hm… tryed to tell how i got 4 “Nice try”. but i had to start new game. on first lvl place barriers on top and mid of map. enemis will attack barriers and won’t move to base. you should lose many units and not kill many enemies. don’t collect coins. in the end don’t try to kill boss fast. i lost about 15 barriers, collect 0.2k gold, killed about 10-13 enemies, boss was almost charged when i killed him. (P.S. sorry for my english)

Flag Post

Nightshade85, nice try :) And your English isn’t bad as well.
JumpFrog, it seems that either I was in luck yesterday, or zava detectors do stack – I’ve got me an Aries on my third try at insane Tesire out of five I attempted prior to trying tackle hard Zone One, that resulted in complete failure. Well, maybe later, when I’d level up my Nyons and Aries.

Flag Post

Is it just chance to get ultra rare units?
I have gotten 3 Lightbringers (?) and 3 Teslas.
But nothing els. I see 26 rares on JumpFrogs past picture.
I get a butload of walls/gold generators/arcane wrath and sanctum beacons.
And im doing Tesires on Insane without any problem, but cant get any good rares anymore :/

Flag Post

Most likely it’s chance. If you have gold generatos in your base, consider switching them for tech centers/zava detectors, also because they have gold generating capability as well. This way your income won’t suffer, but you’ll have a better chance to get ultra rares (could it be that ONE tech center is just not enough to make Aries/Thor/Vira Ultima drop? While I did get a Darkness barrier back there somwehere, while having one detector). Careful though, the statistics to these is insufficient to say whether zava detectors really stack.

Flag Post

I have had 1 tech centers since i could buy it. And i got a second one after reading this thread.
I dont have any gold generators in the base, im at fully upgraded and 4m+ gold. So dont need much income atm.
All i need is some ultra rares :/

Flag Post

Hey Fyffer!

It’s alright, we all get rares eventually…. I’d like to know how you saw 26 rares on my last post, though. Here is my base at the moment, although it might change.

Flag Post

Also, here are some general tips in case a newbie wanders in here:

Tip #1: Don’t space out your base! A compact base makes for a smaller target.

Tip #2: Do space out your shields, but not so that there is a huge gap in between them. Generally (on default screen zoom) you want to leave enough space in between your Aegis Barriers/Infinite Fortresses so that you could place a #2 pencil in between.

Tip #3: Basic units are horrible, and you shouldn’t use them for any extended period of time. The only exception to this rule is the Nova Turret, which, once upgraded to the Galaxy Turret, can be used even late in the game.

Tip #4: Put in some ZAC Assimilators. They might not look useful, but they are, since the final version has upwards of 1000 HP. Also, the ships that is spawns don’t take up any Unit Limit space, and have the damage of a Turret, so it really does help out.

Tip #5: Use Chargors. And once you do, make sure that they touch as many units as possible. The upgrades ARE distributed based on the Chargor’s Range, but what a lot of people don’t know is that there is another effect when they touch a unit. It is seen when the Chargor starts spinning and units around it start pulsing white. That means that the unit(s) in question is not charged, and will fire much faster, and will do more damage.

Tip #6: Please, please, please do not use Vira Healers. They might have looked nice, they might have worked in the beginning of the game for you, and you might have liked them, but take my word for it when I say that they are absolutely useless past Lvl. 11 on Hard. The Vira Healer heals at 1.6 HP per 3.6 sec. That is horrible time. I know that it is upgraded as it levels up, but even the upgraded 5-8 is noneffective. At the point where your defensive units have upwards of 300 HP, that 3 points of health per second (I’m being generous here) doesn’t do jack shit. Instead, use the Vira Saviours (no more than 2), which do not take up room on the field, do not have a range, and are much more effective.

More tips are sure to come in the future.

Flag Post

One question: Should I wait to buy the Ultra Amplifier (damage boost) until a unit is Rank VII or just buy it right off. All I’m asking is, is there a difference in damage/second?

Flag Post

I’m not quite sure what your question is, RootBeerLover. The Ultra Amplify increases the damage of the turret, period.

If you are asking if your turret would do more damage when if you buy the Ultra Amplify at Rank VII than if you bought it before, then the answer is no. Some people claim that is matters, but it is unsubstantiated, misinformed, or just plain newb complaints.

So no, don’t wait. Buy the upgrade now- except, what turret are you buying it for?

Flag Post

Two aries and just doing a test with vira saviors to try this out.

I’ll report the result when I’m finished.

Flag Post
Originally posted by RootBeerLover:

Two aries and just doing a test with vira saviors to try this out.

I’ll report the result when I’m finished.

Turns out it doesn’t matter when you upgrade the unit, the base damage/heal is upped and the upgrade itself goes off the base damage/heal.

In short, upgrade whenever.

Flag Post

So I’m still on the search for an Aries, still no such luck.
I’ve been farming Hard Tesire for ages and I still haven’t gotten one.
I’m still not sure if Zava detectors stack, but I have four tech centers with it and all I see are five thousand gold generators.

And for craps and giggles, you can see mah pretty base:

Flag Post

Not too bad of a base. 3 darkness barriers found – check. 3 Vira Ultimas found – check. 1 Thor found – nice I guess. 4 Teslas – double check. I wonder why you use don’t use neg voiders, maybe because that darkness shooter gives 100%? I’d swap sidearm Lightbringers with Chargors that are in the middle of the respective groups of three, so that chargor would charge up Nyons and probably Tesla too. I have yet to see a Vira Ultima or a Thor, but I did dig out an Aries on insane Tesire with 2 zava detectors.

Flag Post
Originally posted by vesperbot:

I wonder why you use don’t use neg voiders

Haha, but my stacking ability is very evident here, they are underneath my command center. And that Tech center there?
There’s actually four right on top of each other.

Flag Post

cool stacking abilities indeed :) I should have counted the ships better, to find out there are only 46 out of 54 visible. :P

Flag Post

I finally got an Aries in my new base, I am vindicated.