Epic Battle Fantasy 4 Coming out! page 4

147 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Slade911:

If it’s going to be a steam release I’m going to buy/play it there first, and then come back here to play again. Just because the game is so awesome. And, achievements. <3

I’ll buy it on steam but only out of fan loyalty. I don’t actually see the game being well-received on steam unless Matt decides to slap a big newgrounds label (or something else iconic) on the game and split the profit. Otherwise, he’s relatively unknown and he’s entering a sector of the video game market where he is no longer the big fish in the small pond. Best of luck to him though! It shows a new level of maturity and confidence when a developer decides to spread his wings (or fins, in this case) in order to broaden his horizons.

 
Flag Post

The freemium version will probably be out a few months before the Steam one, just to give me time to smooth things out and build hype.

I like to think there’s some overlap between people who visit sites like Kongregate, and people who use Steam, so I think plenty of Steam users should already know about me. But who knows, Steam appear to be pretty secretive with their data, so I don’t know what to expect for sure.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by kupo707:

The freemium version will probably be out a few months before the Steam one, just to give me time to smooth things out and build hype.

I like to think there’s some overlap between people who visit sites like Kongregate, and people who use Steam, so I think plenty of Steam users should already know about me. But who knows, Steam appear to be pretty secretive with their data, so I don’t know what to expect for sure.

So how exatly does the freemium version work?
also about how much would the steam version cost?

 
Flag Post

What’s with all good Flash games now going Freemium and Steam Paid versions…

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Diablothein:

What’s with all good Flash games now going Freemium and Steam Paid versions…

Game developers need to eat too, especially those that makes games like this all by their lonesome. If no one paid him, he would die of starvation and there wouldn’t be a game anyways. :p

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by AntiAnarchy:
Originally posted by Diablothein:

What’s with all good Flash games now going Freemium and Steam Paid versions…

Game developers need to eat too, especially those that makes games like this all by their lonesome. If no one paid him, he would die of starvation and there wouldn’t be a game anyways. :p

Right…it’s like people just expect developers to magically have all of their expenses paid for.

Originally posted by kupo707:

The freemium version will probably be out a few months before the Steam one, just to give me time to smooth things out and build hype.


I like to think there’s some overlap between people who visit sites like Kongregate, and people who use Steam, so I think plenty of Steam users should already know about me. But who knows, Steam appear to be pretty secretive with their data, so I don’t know what to expect for sure.

Btw, I meant no offense. I’ve been a fan of yours and plenty of other people on Kongregate and Newgrounds. That being said, in the past couple of years, I have not seen many developers make that big of a splash as they were hoping for when they started expanding. We all like to think that our star developers are going to make heads turn, much like your typical high school students believes their american football players are going to get a contract to play for the NFL in a few years. More often than not, it doesn’t happen. I’m just trying to be realistic, although it may come off as pessimism. It’s not necessarily a case of your games being bad or not good enough. There are just plenty of developers on steam that have been going at it longer and are more well-known. In fact, from what I’ve seen over the years, game quality is beginning to mean less and less. It’s more about name recognition and good marketing. If you can get your name out there enough and possibly get some interviews going, things will go much better for you when you hit steam.

I’m not sure what your standings are with your colleagues at Newgrounds but you should consider asking some of them to pitch your game out there. Guys like egoraptor and Oney have become quite popular for their animations (video game or otherwise) on youtube with subscription numbers over 500k. All I’m saying is don’t half-ass it or think that you have enough fans. If you’re ambitious and show the world that you really want people to play (and buy) this game, the world will respond favorably. I’m sure you already know this (or if you have an agent, he or she knows this) but it doesn’t hurt to give a little reminder.

Best of luck.

 
Flag Post

YES I cant wait its going to finally come out :)!!!!!!!!!!!

do you already have a date for the freemium/steam launch?

what will the pricing be? I hope you make it cost a fair amount of money unlike intrusion 2 which was a fantastic game all around just the pricing for it was too high as the game is so short :(

I really wish for you the best of luck with the sales of this game as your now entering a new league of gaming :D
you aren’t anymore one of the more well known developers around in this new league unlike the flash gaming league which as come to know you as a legend!!! :)

so keep up the fantastic work you have done so far and I hope this will be the best EBF yet!! :D

P.S. tottally gonna buy it on steam ;)

 
Flag Post

Aw it`s only going to be on steam and freemium :(.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by mman1235:

YES I cant wait its going to finally come out :)!!!!!!!!!!!

do you already have a date for the freemium/steam launch?

what will the pricing be? I hope you make it cost a fair amount of money unlike intrusion 2 which was a fantastic game all around just the pricing for it was too high as the game is so short :(

I really wish for you the best of luck with the sales of this game as your now entering a new league of gaming :D
you aren’t anymore one of the more well known developers around in this new league unlike the flash gaming league which as come to know you as a legend!!! :)

so keep up the fantastic work you have done so far and I hope this will be the best EBF yet!! :D

P.S. tottally gonna buy it on steam ;)

Oh I remember Intrusion 2. Looked a bit like Metal Slug. For a game so short though, it should have been $5. There is plenty of better stuff you can buy for $10 but $5 would have made it look like a steal. As for pricing on EBF4, if I were Matt, I would look at how much content is on the game, how well-received the game is on flash sites and what other competing RPGs are priced at.

 
Flag Post

Wow, EBF is horrible.
I don’t care about the fanboys.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by cesarcurado:

Wow, EBF is horrible.
I don’t care about the fanboys.

Horrible compared to what exactly? Compared to actual retail releases and stuff you find on XBLA? Sure, I suppose it is of an inferior quality. Compared to stuff on Steam? That entirely depends upon the pricing. Compared to most of the stuff on XBLIG? It destroys pretty much everything save for Zeboyd Games and a few others. Compared to most of the stuff on Kongregate/Newgrounds/Armor Games? Same as XBLIG except it has to go against the likes of Sonny 2, Mardek, Kingdom Rush, etc.

 
Flag Post

what’s the diference betwen the paid one and in the freemium one?

 
This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator
 
This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator
 
Flag Post
Originally posted by cesarcurado:

Wow, EBF is horrible.
I don’t care about the fanboys.

Then tell us why it’s horrible, if it’s so horrible.

For me, I’ve played better but it’s still a great game.

 
Flag Post

Please people, don’t answer cesarcurado or the troll wins…

 
Flag Post

How much time is left to the full release of EBF4?Please answer!!!

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by JPVR150296:

Please people, don’t answer cesarcurado or the troll wins…

The fact that he got modded means he lost the battle.

 
Flag Post

Well, heard that it was going to be on Steam from you guys, but I’ve searched every which way I can think of. Can find no info or ETA on anything Epic Battle Fantasy related. I think we’re going to have to be pretty patient on this.

Wishing Matt the best. And HalcyonFalconX, whom I’m not sure is the same guy or his musical partner or just some ultra fan that posted the entire soundtrack to the games on Youtube, but… yeah! Go guys go!

 
Flag Post

wtf WHERE ITS GAMA

 
Flag Post

WERE ITS GAME OMG WTF WTF

 
Flag Post

I want to play it so bad I JUST WANNA KNOW WHEN IT WILL COME OUT FOR NON-KONG+ PEOPLE

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by XarisD:

Well, heard that it was going to be on Steam from you guys, but I’ve searched every which way I can think of. Can find no info or ETA on anything Epic Battle Fantasy related. I think we’re going to have to be pretty patient on this.

Wishing Matt the best. And HalcyonFalconX, whom I’m not sure is the same guy or his musical partner or just some ultra fan that posted the entire soundtrack to the games on Youtube, but… yeah! Go guys go!

I honestly don’t know when the steam release would be either. This is one of those things that takes time and patience from both us and matt. Like I said before, getting onto steam is a big deal. It’s going to serve as Matt’s first impression to the rest of the pc gaming community, essentially. It is certainly not something you rush or don’t bother preparing for. I wouldn’t be surprised if the steam version didn’t come out 6 months to a year from now. It really depends on how matt chooses to address the event. Does he add a bunch of extra content? Does he spend his time garnering publicity? Does he work out bugs? Does he divert his attention to working on another game? Lots of interesting questions where the answers are fairly limited when time itself is limited.

I really don’t know Matt at all but I do know that plenty of game developers have one thing in common: They, typically, want their game to be critically and/or financially successful. Going off of that knowledge, I’m going to assume that it would be awhile until the steam version comes out. If I were you, I wouldn’t pay much mind to it. Just have fun with the freemium game that will most likely be coming out relatively soon.

 
Flag Post

We know about that, is on beta, but in demo! they are saying its like 97-98 % completed but i dont know, its close to come out

 
Flag Post

http://kupo707.deviantart.com/journal/EBF4-status-report-348537912?offset=10#comments