Glean Crafting Helper Thread page 2

44 posts

Flag Post

I’ve got all the required materials but the Research isn’t showing up.. Weird.
Thanks anyhow

Flag Post

What i need to do the Strong Iron Bar?

Flag Post

I can’t find a Bunch of Screws anywhere… :(

Flag Post

For “Coil Springs” you need to unlock “Compression Spring” first. It’s confusing because you get the recipe for Coil Springs by finding a Buried Item (0-50 depth). To discover the very necessary “Compression Spring” recipe, you need to find one of the Lost Items (50-150 depth), which you can’t quite reach yet. It’s only a matter of time until you start unearthing the next set of artifacts.

As for Strong Iron Bar, you need 2 “Sizeable Iron Chunk” and 1 “Small Lava Globule”. All metal bars need 2 units of the basic metal (for all tiers) and 1 unit of lava to unlock. It’s “Small Lava Globule” for Iron, “Medium Lava Blob” for Silver and Gold, and “Big Lava Glob” for Titanium".

For the screws, you need to find the Buried Item “Alcohol Flask” (0-50 depth in any planet). If you find an artifact but it’s not the one you need, you can enter the galaxy map and choose another planet to try again. Just bear in mind that collected items dissapear from your bot’s inventory when you change planets. Visit the spaceship first.

Flag Post

how do you FINISH the game ?

i got all upgrades, yet i am unable to finish.
i have completelly drilled 3 planets (2 250 depths) and i haven`t found anything new.

Flag Post

Find all artifacts to finish the game.

I found that upgrading everything to lvl 1 was a huge time investment, with all that combining, splitting and spending thought on requirements. Then I changed my strategy, to a healthy economy which makes it possible to skip the “thinking” part of the game alltogether.
In case of doubt just craft 5 of every item, when out of resources, go mining. When you have 5 of each, build modules and/or research and go back mining when something can’t be crafted anymore. I had all modules level 5 in about two hours.
After all, reading the crafting guide and planning your upgrades takes soo much time, which is better spent out in the field mining for resources.

Flag Post

hmm i still cant get strong iron bar and only have 3 artifacts left i think that’s a bit wierd

Flag Post

how do you get the recipe for a indestructible titanium bar? i have 39 of the sizable titanium and 5 large lava globs

NVM of coarse it shows up right after i post this.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MisticX:

how do you FINISH the game ?

i got all upgrades, yet i am unable to finish.
i have completelly drilled 3 planets (2 250 depths) and i haven`t found anything new.

when you are ready for the last part and to finish the game click the red planet marker type thing to view the final video to “finish” the game

Flag Post

Pretty advanced list. Don’t see “dual-flow tank” on the list of items needed for anything. Unless I missed it. So, thinking that item is pointless

Flag Post

How do I make Wirelless Wires?

Flag Post

saved for formatting testing

Flag Post

I was confused on just how to get obsidian and lava.

Flag Post

To get lava, stand under the lava pocket and catch falling lava. You’ll get burned, but you will get lava. To get obsidian, drill out the used up lava pocket. You will also get a little lava doing this.

Flag Post

I am in awe, solsund.
In awe.

Flag Post

how do i get the lens refractor?

Flag Post

lens: find the correct artifact; it’s not one of the super-shallow ones. you will want refined large gems to actually make it.

note: to get the various “bars” and “plates” and refined gems, you need to have:
1. The core material, of sufficient size. (weak iron needs small iron nuggets, strong(perfect?) titanium needs large titanium nuggets.)
2. lava globs of sufficient size.(weak bars require small lava globs, strong(perfect?) needs large lava globs.
3. mine any tile to unlock the recipe.

Flag Post

i got a bunch of artifacts and no matter what i do i cant use them! i tried all combos in basic and advanced hrmmph

Flag Post
Originally posted by goodreader:

i got a bunch of artifacts and no matter what i do i cant use them! i tried all combos in basic and advanced hrmmph

Get other, yet unknown, raw materials and do some basic research. After that, try advanced research with newly created basic components.