Minecraft [Official Thread]

215 posts

Flag Post

Minecraft Official Thread

Since ZShadow and I have had a discussion about getting a Minecraft thread alone. He told me to make an Official Thread, and he would make sure it wouldn`t get trolled. Thanks Zach.

Intro

Here it is. The Official Minecraft Thread (not a rip off one) as Zach said it might get stickied. So here we talk anything Minecraft. Worlds, servers, buildings, redstone contraptions, etc.

Along with other stuff or activities such as a fan club, trivia, and more. Hope you enjoy it.

Flag Post

Help

Need any help? I am your man. ;)

Trivia

Is Gold better then Iron?
It Obsidian breakable with materials other then diamond pickaxe?
Is an axe a weapon?
What is the max number of material you can fit in a stack? <NEW!

More to come soon.

Flag Post

Links

Minecraft Hunger Games Thread

CaptainSparklez

AntVenom

Minecraft Site

The Only Decent Review of the Game

Flag Post

What is Minecraft?

What is Minecraft? Minecraft is a massive sandbox game both involving Multiplayer and Single player, there are 3 mode to set the world or server on Creative Mode, or Survival Mode. Creative you have unlimited resources and it is basically for creative purposes as stated in the title of the mode. Survival is where basically where you need to make your resources craft them into goodies and well survive, from mobs/monsters.

Need anymore help with the game? Ask here!

Player Tips

TwistedCakez:

1. Find and punch a tree.

2. Only grab three pieces of log.

3. Get Sticks and a crafting bench.

4. Make a wooden Pick

5. get some cobblestone.

6. Make Cobble Tools.

Darver:

One tip: For those that don’t know, when a creeper blows up right next to you, if you have no armour it’ll be an instant kill, so watch your back at night.

Zachattack405:

The 1 Tip for Minecraft Noobs: Dont Dig Staright Down.
If you dig straight down you will have a chance of falling In lava and losing all your items you had in you inventory.

CandyCastle:

Minecraft Survival Guide

Are you frustrated? Can’t you survive more than to the one night in Minecraft? Well, your days of sadness are now over! I shall help you to survive in Minecraft.

Day 1.

When you spawn in your world, try to go and search where you have the most of these around:

• Water (ocean/lake water will do)
• Passive mobs (such as pigs and sheep)
• Trees for tool using/crafting a crafting table

Go get wood from trees first. When you have about 64 Wooden planks (4 is made from one wood), make a crafting table. Then make a shelter/home around the crafting table which is 4 blocks high to walk in there with ease. When there is night coming, you should keep inside the shelter once you get armor and better sword or bow and arrows.

Day 2.

So, now you have a crafting table and a home? What do you need in a home? A Bed! It enables you to skip nights by sleeping over them.
You build it by having 3 Wool above 3 Wooden planks in a crafting table. And where do you get Wool? From sheep? Correct. So find some sheep and kill them (they will not attack back, they will only try to escape) or shear them with Shears, but I don’t know how to make Shears.

Find out yourself how to play Minecraft, since it is more fun to realize what most things are by yourself. Hint: They should resemble the tool/item when crafting it.

Have fun with Minecraft. ;)

Marcops9:

His guide is on page 2, it is a little to large to be added to this post.

Flag Post

Other Posters Favorite YouTube Members and Videos

TwistedCakez:

Videos:

Yogscast

InTheLittleWood (My favorite)

EditZP

BebopVox

Even Better Minecraft Review

I’d like to thank contibuters; TwistedCakez, for contributing to the thread.

Flag Post

I’ll answer your trivia for ya:

1. Gold tools do stuff faster and the swords do more damage, but they last about as long as wooden stuff, and gold armour is pretty much useless.

2. Depends. If you have some mods installed, then it’s possible. If not, then no.

3. The axe is the most damaging tool in the game. Though swords are better so make those :)

Flag Post

Oh look this shit again.

Search is fucking awesome.

Flag Post

Normally I’d be with Catface, but:

Since ZShadow and I have had a discussion about getting a Minecraft thread alone. He told me to make an Official Thread, and he would make sure it wouldn`t get trolled. Thanks Zach.

So this one knows the definition of official, at least.

Edit: Oh, it’s the same guy who posted that last “Official” Minecraft thread. You could’ve just edited and bumped that one.

Flag Post

Trivia answers:

1) Gold breaks stuff faster but is way less durable.

2) It is, it takes 50 seconds with every other pickaxe than diamond.

3) Yeah, basically. It does more damage than bare hand.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Captain_Catface:

Oh look this shit again.

Search is fucking awesome.

Did you not read it? This one is, official.

Flag Post

I modded my game so that Slenderman and Herobrine are in it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by wreckgar39:

Oh dear god.

Flag Post

Nice. Its kinda funny.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheLightningBolt:

Nice. Its kinda funny.

I modded mine to have Nuclear ICBM’s, surface to air missiles, artillery, napalm, and air strikes :) and it doesnt blow up my computer from lag! (as long as I limit myself to a max of 1 missile at a time)

Flag Post

Mods make my computer laggy.

Anyone else tried Minecraft Survival Games?

Flag Post

Hmm, by the way, why have you done two ‘official’ Minecraft threads? Couldn’t you have just, like, bumped the first one?

And no, I haven’t. :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheLightningBolt:

Mods make my computer laggy.

Anyone else tried Minecraft Survival Games?

Yeah, I end up being in the DM but with no good gear xD

Also, I shall extend your list of youtubers for you…

Yogscast

InTheLittleWood (My favorite)

EditZP

BebopVox

Even Better Minecraft Review

Flag Post
Originally posted by CandyCastle:

Hmm, by the way, why have you done two ‘official’ Minecraft threads? Couldn’t you have just, like, bumped the first one?

And no, I haven’t. :P

I felt the need for a clean one.

TwistedCakez, I will put them under your recommendations.

Flag Post

Herobrine lives…

Flag Post

Put this link as “Even Better Minecraft Review” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo0X-pvg_Cg&amp;list=UU1syQBf5PRuCw8iEKJ35_nw&amp;index=1&amp;feature=plcp

BTW, some tips

1. Find and punch a tree.

2. Only grab three pieces of log.

3. Get Sticks and a crafting bench.

4. Make a wooden Pick

5. get some cobblestone.

6. Make Cobble Tools.

Flag Post

Minecraft is a boring game.

Unless you are willing to spend all of your spare time building a castle or something, there is no reason to play it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Saints_CROW:

Minecraft is a boring game.

Unless you are willing to spend all of your spare time building a castle or something, there is no reason to play it.

Don’t post if you have no interest in the game then. No one is making you post…

TwistedCakez, sure. Why not? :)

Flag Post

One tip: For those that don’t know, when a creeper blows up right next to you, if you have no armour it’ll be an instant kill, so watch your back at night.

Flag Post

The 1 Tip for Minecraft Noobs: Dont Dig Staright Down.
If you dig straight down you will have a chance of falling In lava and losing all your items you had in you inventory.

Flag Post

Minecraft Survival Guide

Are you frustrated? Can’t you survive more than to the one night in Minecraft? Well, your days of sadness are now over! I shall help you to survive in Minecraft.

Day 1.

When you spawn in your world, try to go and search where you have the most of these around:

• Water (ocean/lake water will do)
• Passive mobs (such as pigs and sheep)
• Trees for tool using/crafting a crafting table

Go get wood from trees first. When you have about 64 Wooden planks (4 is made from one wood), make a crafting table. Then make a shelter/home around the crafting table which is 4 blocks high to walk in there with ease. When there is night coming, you should keep inside the shelter once you get armor and better sword or bow and arrows.

Day 2.

So, now you have a crafting table and a home? What do you need in a home? A Bed! It enables you to skip nights by sleeping over them.
You build it by having 3 Wool above 3 Wooden planks in a crafting table. And where do you get Wool? From sheep? Correct. So find some sheep and kill them (they will not attack back, they will only try to escape) or shear them with Shears, but I don’t know how to make Shears.

Find out yourself how to play Minecraft, since it is more fun to realize what most things are by yourself. Hint: They should resemble the tool/item when crafting it.

Have fun with Minecraft. ;)