Minecraft [Official Thread] page 2

214 posts

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Trivia Answers:
Gold tools and armor are NOT better than iron ones.
You can break obsidian with your bare hinds is 5 minutes.
Axes do extra damage.
You can fit 64 items in a stack, 1 or 16 for some items.

Flag Post
Originally posted by calvindang:

Trivia Answers:
Gold tools and armor are NOT better than iron ones.
You can break obsidian with your bare hinds is 5 minutes.
Axes do extra damage.
You can fit 64 items in a stack, 1 or 16 for some items.

Good, you know your minecraft. ;)

Flag Post

I’ve only played minecraft pocket edition before…

And a fix on the first one,
Gold tools last an EXTREMELY short time(Shorter than wood and leather!), but are better than diamond(Only on breaking blocks though)

Flag Post

I’m liking this thread :3 I’ll be on it more, I used to mod my game ALL THE TIME, with different mods. But now with 1.3.1 out, its sorta jacky, and glitches up my game, so I can’t anymore :(

Flag Post

Good to hear that youll be posting more, dman.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheLightningBolt:
Did you not read it? This one is, official.

That grammar is a thing of beauty.

Flag Post
Originally posted by dman2121:

I’m liking this thread :3 I’ll be on it more, I used to mod my game ALL THE TIME, with different mods. But now with 1.3.1 out, its sorta jacky, and glitches up my game, so I can’t anymore :(

Maybe not all the mods have updated, make sure they say they are 1.3.1 mods. Mods designed for 1.2 will derp out a lot.

Flag Post

SERVER REQUEST TIME

Anybody have a tekkit server?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darver:
Originally posted by dman2121:

Maybe not all the mods have updated, make sure they say they are 1.3.1 mods. Mods designed for 1.2 will derp out a lot.

Nop, I got some 1.3.1 mods, and it’s still all messed up.

Flag Post
Originally posted by urine420:
Did you not read it? This one is, official.

That grammar is a thing of beauty.

Your name is too.

Also this mod talk… I have no modes nor will I ever. Commands are beast…

Flag Post

Lightning… good job on getting an official thread and all, but please stop posting on it just so its bumped up. i know you like checking it and all, but almost like all 36 posts are yours.

Flag Post

Thank you. But it’s an official thread a bump will usually be needed. I post on it regularly because it’s my thread and I’m on the forums a lot.

Topic changer:
My computer is broken I can’t play MineCraft. :(

Flag Post

ive read everything and i have to say there are some good tips here. btw are we aloud to talk about the 360 version on here?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jonnyknight666:

ive read everything and i have to say there are some good tips here. btw are we aloud to talk about the 360 version on here?

It says minecraft. some guy talked about pocket edition. im sure 360 is alowed

Flag Post

Oh bloody hell, I am now forced to post an entire survival guide.

But first the questions.

Gold is 12X faster breaking blocks than with your fist, but is runs out super quick and you can only mine stone, cobble, moss stone and coal anyway. Plus, is is a whole lot rarer than iron-mines 4X as quick as your fist-and, honestly, unless you use mods, it’s useless anyway.
Obsidian is mined in 10 seconds with a diamond pick. Without certain mods, that is the only tool that drops the physical block. Otherwise, it’ll take forever to mine it with anything else.
Axes are the second best thing you can make to kill enemies with, first is. of course, swords, and third is, I’m pretty sure, picks.
Most items will hold 64, but tools only hold 1 at a time, before Beta 1.8, food did not stack, and snowballs stack to 16.

OK then. The guide.
Right off the bat, you want to spawn near a cave, if you don’t get one, restart. If you do, but it runs out immediately, restart. Chop down as much wood as you like, my magic number is 20. Turn it ALL into planks(Shift-click.). Make one crafting bench, then make 4 sticks to make a wood pick. Mine 13 cobble, make a stone pick in case you run into iron and make a furnace. You also definetly want a sword. You may want to kill some cows and make some leather armor. Go into the cave, and if you see some black spots, that’s coal. Mine it, and make sure you remember that pattern. You want as much coal as possible. Make some more sticks, and make all the sticks you’ve made into torches. Light up the cave. If you see the same pattern as coal on a wall of the cave, but it’s a beigy-brown colour, it’s iron. There are so many things you can make with iron, abut you need to smelt it first. Put down your furnace, it’s self-explainatory. Coal lasts for 8 items, planks last for 1.5, sticks last for 0.5, you can smelt with an item called blaze rods, but I forget how many they use. And I’m not typing all the way to that point. You can use a lava bucket to smelt 100 items as well. Make an iron pick, and if you have enough, armor. Keep mining, here’s some things you can find…

Redstone. It’s rock with a red pattern. You can use it with iron to make a compass or with gold to make a watch/clock. You don’t need to smelt.

Gold. Rock with a yellow pattern. Not that much for use, though, except for powered rails.
And, of course…
DIAMOND. Rock with a light blue pattern. Used for tools, armor, jukeboxes…

You need diamond to mine obsidian make a portal to the Nether. Obsidian is formed when water touches a lava SOURCE, not a flowing stream, a source. But that’s enough for now, the rest is up to you.

And please, don’t fall into lava. If you do, don’t whine to me. A helpful tip is to carry a bucket of water at all times, or, a potion of fire resistance(later game).

There you go. All you need to know for a beginner.

EDIT: Oops. Bit of a TL;DR there…

Flag Post

I’m a beginner to Minecraft, does anyone know how do I install modifications?

I want to install this:

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fakoora:

I want to install this:

For Windows users:

- Download the mod.
- Go to Start → Run → type %appdata% and hit enter.
- Open the .Minecraft folder.
- Open the bin folder.
- Open Minecraft.jar with compression tools (like WinRar or 7-zip)
- Delete the META-INF folder.
- Open the mod .zip with the same compression tools.
- Drag the files into Minecraft.jar folder.
- Now, open Minecraft and test the mod.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CandyCastle:
Originally posted by Fakoora:

I want to install this:

For Windows users:

- Download the mod.
- Go to Start → Run → type %appdata% and hit enter.
- Open the .Minecraft folder.
- Open the bin folder.
- Open Minecraft.jar with compression tools (like WinRar or 7-zip)
- Delete the META-INF folder.
- Open the mod .zip with the same compression tools.
- Drag the files into Minecraft.jar folder.
- Now, open Minecraft and test the mod.

Just to add to this, some mods require other mods to run, keep that in mind.

Flag Post
Is Gold better then Iron?
It Obsidian breakable with materials other then diamond pickaxe?
Is an axe a weapon?
What is the max number of material you can fit in a stack?

1. It’s the strongest, but has the same durability as wood, except when used as armor, it has pretty weak defensive properties.
2. Yes, but takes a while.
3. Sort of… at least it does more damage than punching
4. 64..

Also, here’s a question here too =P

How many hunger decreases while sprinting for exactly one minute?

Flag Post

Marcops9, a bit long to add to the first page. Either shorten it or leave it on this page.

Flag Post

What the fuck.

Flag Post

Marcops9, a bit long to add to the first page. Either shorten it or leave it on this page.

I’ll leave it here. Sort of…say my guide’s on the second page in the tip area?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jaskaran2000:
Is an axe a weapon?

1. It’s the strongest, but has the same durability as wood, except when used as armor, it has pretty weak defensive properties.
4. 64..

AXE IS THE SECOND STRONGEST WEAPON
GOLD IS NOT THE STRONGEST YOU IDIOT. DIAMOND IS.
OBSIDIAN IS BREAKABLE AND OBTAINABLE WITH ONLY A DIAMOND PICKAXE. IT CAN BE DESTROYED WITH ANY OTHER THING BUT NOT OBTAINED.
CERTAIN ITEMS ONLY HAVE 1 MAXIMUM STACKS, WHILE SOME HAVE 16, 64 ETC

LEARN YOUR FACTS

Flag Post
Originally posted by speedy250:
Originally posted by Jaskaran2000:
Is an axe a weapon?

4. 64..

AXE IS THE SECOND STRONGEST WEAPON
GOLD IS NOT THE STRONGEST YOU IDIOT. DIAMOND IS.
OBSIDIAN IS BREAKABLE AND OBTAINABLE WITH ONLY A DIAMOND PICKAXE. IT CAN BE DESTROYED WITH ANY OTHER THING BUT NOT OBTAINED.
CERTAIN ITEMS ONLY HAVE 1 MAXIMUM STACKS, WHILE SOME HAVE 16, 64 ETC

LEARN YOUR FACTS

Firstly, gold is stronger than diamond, diamond just lasts longer.

The trivia stated that “is obsidian BREAKABLE by anything other than a diamond pick”, Not “obtainable”, read it carefully next time.

Yeah? Well imagine a sword does 3 and a half, A pick of the same material does the same as a sword minus half a heart, so a pick would do 3, what would an axe of the same material do? I’ll leave it up to you to guess.

Read the trivia more carefully for the last one also, “What is the max number of material you can fit in a stack?”

So, all I have to say is…

Learn to read, and get your facts right before telling me to.