Will sponsor any game!

23 posts

Flag Post

Hello,

I have a few clients who are looking for games to release before Xmas holidays to promote their sites. I am too busy to do the games at the moment, as I have a big project on this next 2 weeks. If you are ‘about to’ complete or have a complete game (not yet released onto the net) then please email me using the contact details found here http://www.letsdesign.co.uk/contact.html (email address top right) and I will pass on your details and game demos.

All game demos will be strictly protected from release and you will obviously be paid for the sponsorship (please name a price for sponsorship).

All clients require exclusive sponsorship. Just to clarify, that means you can not re-release the game with someone elses logo on it.

Well, I am keen to see what you have. email me.

Thank in advance. David.

Flag Post

Uh-oh. Here comes “Super Jude MD Santa Massacre”.

Flag Post

Haha “Let`s massage Santa”

Flag Post

What scale are you looking for? Are you looking for small ones (under 500$), or something bigger?

Flag Post

I’ll email you , i just finished a new game called Kilo-Bytes

Flag Post

Any particular genre? Theme? How complicated (i.e. could I hack it out in a weekend around my homework, or would I need to devote several weeks)? Intended audience? Sound (and how complicated, i.e. full length music plus multiple sound effects or simple, easy to find free .wav’s)?

Flag Post

There is no specification for this. It needs to be complete or near complete (ie.. you have to mail me with a demo to show my client).

The client wants a good few games (that is it, they just have to be good and playable).
In terms of budget, I am happy to pass on any request but the client will choose the game based on the costs (obviously), so I think the price should reflect the game.

How distributable = number of hits the game will get = playability and likability = cost
<use the above to measure what you think.

I usually would say if you get less than 3 stars on Kongregate it isnt worth more than $500 to a client (it might have taken longer to make), but I am thinking from a sponsors perspective. If you think it would get 3-4stars then maybe $1000 and for 4-5 stars expect $2000. I think that makes sense. In fact I could even sell it based on this theory and this be the first place it be put.

Thanks and I look forward to more demos in my inbox.

Bye for now.

Flag Post

I would be happy to submit my game (Dragon Run ), though I wouldn’t completely judge it by what’s been published here on Kongregate. I’ve been doing changes almost daily the last couple weeks (the game itself being over a year old from when it was first considered “complete”). I’d publish my current copy (note: this link is one that I give to people to get them to play my most recent revisions, it will always point to my most recent copy) if I could get more people I know to actually play the damn thing and tell me what they think.

And game length is immaterial, I can make it longer if I sit down and type text into notepad for an hour and upload it.

Though if it is only worth $500, that’s $500 more than I was ever expecting to be paid for it.

Flag Post

How much time do we have to do this? My game will be done in about a month, I hope. And can we do MochiAds in conjunction with this sponsorship?

Flag Post

Okay Dragon Run looks as though it’s been launched already, I mean it’s on here already. I’m after non distributed games.

smigbob, I need a game within next 2 weeks. but do write down my email and send me a copy of your game when it’s done, you never know who might be asking at that time.

mochiads is a no no, as many sites will not carry games with these ads anymore. Mainly due to mochiads having the same ad for last 3 months but if my client is paying to sponsor your game there is no chance they will want other peoples adds on there.

Flag Post

Ah, I see. Unpublished games. The other game I’m working on (of which there is barely a tech demo on Kongregate) will not be finished in the next two weeks.

Flag Post

LetsDesign, if you saw some of the submissions I got for sponsorships, you’d definitely revise this “will sponsor any game” policy. :P

Flag Post

hey david, i’m working on different modes and high scores to expand the game. Did u get word from the client?

Flag Post

LetsDesign, if you saw some of the submissions I got for sponsorships, you’d definitely revise this “will sponsor any game” policy. :P

Tell me about it :P

Flag Post

“LetsDesign, if you saw some of the submissions I got for sponsorships, you’d definitely revise this “will sponsor any game” policy. :P” – Greg

Would love to some of those submissions!

Yeah, I know, I can’t quote properly! The “Formatting Help” when posting doesn’t help at all! ;)

Flag Post

well, ‘any’ within the specifics of what I have mentioned and clarified.
But yes, I do get a lot of rubbish and people that really cant read what I require.
but it’s working out okay, i have 2 shortlisted and client wants 4 games ish, so we will see.

To anyone interested, please keep emailing me, thanks.

Flag Post

well…….I have some questions :

1.If I send a game request and it gets accepted,can I only upload it on Xmas?

2.Can I keep my name displayed on the menu,preloader,and intro screen?

3.Can I spread the game myself? (ex : upload to my Kong’s account,Newgrounds,deviantART,ect……)

4.Which logo will be added to my game,your logo or your client’s logo?

5.Does the game have to be in Xmas theme?

Because I want to release it in the next week (The game is fully completed though),and if the answer is good then I might consider contact you.

(I send my sponsorship requests to 2 big portals,but they haven’t replied me and I even want to abort it.)

>LetsDesign, if you saw some of the submissions I got for sponsorships, you’d definitely revise this “will sponsor any game” policy. :P

No game list,no truth. =P

Flag Post

My q’s are also similar to Kannushi’s, I’d like to know if logos or intros MUST be removed. They are credit to us in that we designed the game. Then again if it MUST be removed in order for sponsorship what can i say lol. I mean i wouldn’t mind putting the client’s intro before mine, and then have thier link in website and credits, as long as the creator’s logo is there to stay ;)

Flag Post

If a client (any client) is sponsoring a game they dont expect other intros on there (in my opinion, yours or mochiads). It defeats the object of exclusive sponsorship.

So my answer is a straight no, to any other logo (developers games site, developers portfolio or otherwise).

It sounds harsh, but you are allowed to place this in your portfolio on completion and you may put this on Kongregate, just no intros or logos on the game.

client is happy to negotiate costs for having in game credits page that points to your logo.

Flag Post

>So my answer is a straight no, to any other logo (developers games site, developers portfolio or otherwise).

Then I’ll quit,sorry. :(

Flag Post

“If a client (any client) is sponsoring a game they dont expect other intros on there (in my opinion, yours or mochiads). It defeats the object of exclusive sponsorship.” – LetsDesign

Kong sponsored Gravitee and they were fine with having the FunkyPear intro and branding and outgoing links in it. Personally, I think its a bit much to expect the developer to not include their logo. I’d expect at least twice as much for a game I released without my logos in it (at least).

By the way…. can someone tell me how to quote (the green box things!)

Flag Post

FunkyPear, type bq. and then the text.

Flag Post

Cheers! Do I need to close it off, or does that happen automagically on line breaks?