[Event] Multiplayer Absurdity (MA) Week 1: SAS: Zombie Assault 3

59 posts

Flag Post

What is Multiplayer Absurdity (MA)?

It’s a once a week (for now!) community based activity and get-together where we all play the same (non-mmo) multiplayer game for an hour or two.

When does MA start?

Since this is the first event, it will only happen once a week. The first event is scheduled to be:
Friday, the 21st at 5:00PM PST. (Can’t make it? Try the alt session at: 5-6PM GMT)
Convert that to your own timezone

What is the first Multiplayer game going to be?

SAS: Zombie Assault 3!

Flag Post

Do I need to sign up?

Sure, you can let us know if you are going to attend, but its not required and we won’t hold you to it. The more people that say they want to show up though, the more you’ll see at the event for sure, so don’t be afraid to post!

If you’d love to make it but just can’t:

Let us know why! This is the first event so there is definitely going to be some adjusting going on as we have more. Semi-weekly events are the eventual goal, each with new games and maybe some repeats where we all had a lot of fun.

Flag Post

Perfect, UG!
I hope to see you guys there. :)

Flag Post

Awesome. :D

Flag Post

This sounds really cool! o:

Flag Post

Coincidentally, the 21st is payday! ;D
It’s going to be a lot of fun, guys.

Flag Post

Hmm… just hope the servers won’t act odd when we do play. ;)

Flag Post

Bump + I hope to be there – High probability of lag x UG spamming the forums because he is a F-Mod now =

:-P

Flag Post

Um, well, you probably can beat me pretty easily. Last time I only had a pistol v. a million zombies. D:

Simply put, there was a lot of clicking going on.

Flag Post

Not sure this is going to work UG…you see, I tried this before a year ago but GMT totally screwed us up.

Flag Post

Awesome plan, sadly it’ll be 2am for me, so I’ll probably won’t be online.
If you could make it 2-3 hours earlier, I would be very happy, but I understand if not.

Flag Post

Ill be there. Woot

Flag Post

Wow, it’s going to be on my name day! :O

But it’s going to be on 3 AM for me, so I won’t be on then. :(

Flag Post

Looks like I won’t be there because of the stupid time it’ll be starting.

Flag Post

That’s fine regarding the time issues. I’d love to know what times will work for you guys so that way we can schedule different or more times to allow for as many people as possible.

A possible solution that can be integrated with the current plan is to add an additional time for people in other time zones, say 5-8 hours prior to the set up one.

Flag Post

Or do a different one for the users in Europe?

Flag Post

Yeh, sure. Just an additional time that would work out for a lot of people that can’t make it this one.

Flag Post

10PM GMT? For Hamuka it’ll be 12AM (midnight) for Tai it’ll be 11PM

Flag Post

Hmm, that’s only 2 hours prior to this event. ( I chose 5:00PM here, because a lot of people get off work then) Perhaps a tad earlier to see if we can capture anyone a bit more east. Maybe 8PM GMT?

Flag Post

Can I tell you a time when I get in from school?

Flag Post

Sure thing.

Flag Post

I’ll definitely keep tabs on this in the future, but not this time because I’m not fond of the game choice.

As far as times are concerned: Kong’s busiest time has generally been on weekends around noon PDT (7:00 PM GMT), so you might try that out.

EDIT: Alternately, you could just shift the time by a few hours every week, so that eventually everyone will get a time that works for them.

Flag Post

I’ll try to remember about this… I would love to do this. So I will join in, and show if I remember.
Writes a message to self
[EDIT] Yea I’ll remember to join in.

Flag Post

This will take place at 6:00 PM for me (just noting this for myself).

I’ll try to be there if I can make it home in time, and I’m GMT-8 if you want to gather timezones to find the optimal time. As a suggestion, I think a date on the weekend would more efficient, as people are more likely to have free time then (I can probably join on 8PM GMT if it’s during the weekend, but not at Friday.).

Flag Post

Well I’d love to do 2 days a week, so a mid-week and a weekend would work. I wasn’t sure if it was a super good idea to do a weekend, so I just threw it on a Friday to start. Perhaps the next one can happen on a weekend.