what's wrong with my game? :(

14 posts

Flag Post

my game only has a 2.3 rating… can someone help and tell me what’s bad? i tried to make it nice …. :/

http://www.kongregate.com/games/novaleaf/god-of-puzzle

Flag Post

People are jerks and don’t like you. :(
You get 5/5 from me, I’m surprised one rating brings it .10 down. :/

Flag Post

Probably because it’s Unity, people don’t like Unity.

I didn’t get to actually play it because I don’t have Unity on this computer.

Flag Post

Novaleaf, read this book.

Flag Post

No good on Linux either.

Unity Web Player
The Unity Web Player is not currently compatible with the operating system that you appear to be using.

Flag Post

gamebuilder15, thanks for the link, but not sure that can help with the direct feedback i’m asking for! all i hear is that a bunch of people don’t like/cant play unity :(

Flag Post
Originally posted by novaleaf:

gamebuilder15, thanks for the link, but not sure that can help with the direct feedback i’m asking for! all i hear is that a bunch of people don’t like/cant play unity :(

Yeah, a LOT of computers can’t run Unity games. But you should read the book. It’s really, really good. :D

Flag Post

hrm okay. the book looks good.

is my game too hard for newbies? i’ll try to make the easy AI easier?

Flag Post

unity is forced upon us by kong which wouldn’t be so bad if we need unity for other things. sadly we dont so we dont bother with installing more crap we dont need.

i dont know the exact problem with your game but im sure if you can build it without unity you’ll have a big jump in games played and more ratings to better reflect the quality of your game. good luck

Flag Post

I think it’s a good Puzzle Fighter clone. I thought the ‘breaking’ sound effects were a little grating, and it’d be nice if there was a continuous single player instead of having to set up new matches after every game. There’s a very minor quality of life issue that you can’t confirm on menus with the keyboard.

These are all tiny issues though, so I agree with most people that people are just being grumpy over the Unity. I gave it a 4.

Flag Post
Originally posted by zen0:

unity is forced upon us by kong

Wow.
I do understand that I should not expect too many intelligent posts on the internet, but this post is so stupid, it’s not even funny anymore.

Flag Post
Originally posted by EPR89:
Originally posted by zen0:

unity is forced upon us by kong

Wow.
I do understand that I should not expect too many intelligent posts on the internet, but this post is so stupid, it’s not even funny anymore.

so let me understand this, unity is used for playing games. personally i only play on kong so if unity is used on other popular sites than yes kong forcing it on us was an incorrect statement.

now if my everyday life consists of 9-5 game time okay i agree must install unity to have access to all the options for gaming out there. when it’s not then there’s a choice of how much crap i want to install and unity isn’t one of them. if it’s that important i’m sure kong would make it mandatory to have unity but for now it hasn’t gotten to that point

Flag Post

Yes, Unity is used elsewhere. It was created specifically as a game creation platform years ago, and is under constant development to maximize the environments within which it is compatible (e.g., 3.x and earlier are not supported on Linux, but 4 is intended to be).

However, regardless of whether Unity is used elsewhere, it remains merely an option for Kongregate users. It isn’t being forced upon people who play on Kongregate. If you don’t want to install the Unity3D WebPlayer, you don’t have to do that. Sure, you can’t play Unity-specific games, but you wouldn’t be playing them anyway if Kongregate didn’t allow them on the site. They aren’t preventing you from playing other games, though. The only Unity interfaces I know of on the site are the Unity games themselves.

Flag Post

its better to have friends in the game u love. it gives u feedback of the game and more. and u can talk too in the game. no one is an island you know..