[Closed] XCOM: Enemy Unknown Giveaway [or 600 Kreds] page 2

59 posts

Flag Post

I’m pretty trash at X:COM, so no memories there except dying. . . Repeatedly. . . And not really understanding what’s going on. Now that I’ve seen videos, I should probably re-visit it. It was great fun, but I had not a single clue what I was supposed to be doing, and how to do it correctly. Haha.

Just in general, Champions of Norrath: Return to Arms has a pretty good memory for me. Myself and three friends were hanging out having a blast around 1 in the morning at my house, and we ended up getting into a pretty heated battle. Lots of enemies, lots of shouting for healing from my Shaman, trying to get the Barbarian to gather the enemies, etc. It was a rough fight, but we made it through, thanks to the two rangers having some great aim. We had two of them — one of them was brilliant during that fight, and was nearly untouchable. He was probably MVP and got half of the kills in that exchange. The other ranger. . . It was around this time, as we were collecting loot, that we noticed the second ranger was still shooting. We looked over to the friend, only to find him KO’d on the chair he was sitting in, finger firmly on the attack button. We laughed pretty hard, because we had been complimenting some of his shots during the fight. He snorted and woke up, asked what was going on. We never told him.

Not sure if that fits the bill for gaming memory, since it more involves the people hanging out than the game itself, but there it is.

Thank you for doing something like this as well, SicMirx. Whether I win or not, thumbs up for being awesome. You deserve a medal.

Flag Post

Man, I still remember the original X-COM game. It was so brilliant! The difficulty was high, but it didn’t matter to me as I just couldn’t stop playing. Ooh, speaking about it just makes me want to play it! To bad I lost the game =( I guess this is also why I’m so excited about X-COM: Enemy Unknown. All those memories <3 When I saw Firaxis was making a new X-COM, I almost did a double salto backwards from my PC chair. Almost. Don’t think my back would agree XD Anyway, I immediately ordered it, of course. Played the demo and, well, it felt really nostalgic, apart from all those new things ^^

But uh, yeah, look at me just rambling on and on.. Just give me a tactical game and I’m happy ^^ Speaking of such… anyone here playing Fire Emblem?

Flag Post

I never caught the original X-Com. I’ve always kicked myself for not giving it a go when it came out. I grew up in Hong Kong and don’t remember hearing about it till much later. However I am squealing with glee at the opportunity to play this one! Its brilliant that turn based strategy is getting its place in the sun again.

My greatest gaming memory would have to be back in Knights of The Old Republic. I got to THAT BIT, you know what I mean? Where everything you thought you knew about a certain character’s identity was wrong? You know if you’ve played it. I raged at the screen yelling out my most Luke Skywalkerish “Noooooooo! That’s not possible!”. My dad ran in, a look of panic on his face asking what was wrong, spilling coffee all over himself and his VERY important paperwork in the process. I explained what happened, ending my speech with a beaming smile and saying “Isn’t that awesome?!” and he walked back out muttering and shaking his head.

Flag Post

A horse walks into a bar, “Why the long face?” j/k now give me the 600 Kreds please.

Flag Post

I never played the original XCOM, but I always loved base building/managing in other strategy games and I hear that you actually manage the organization that fights the aliens in this game. I would love to experience that.

Flag Post

Again, due to low number of entries, I’m going to push another extension. I’ll extend the deadline another week. This pushes it to the 16th, if I’m not mistaken. I’m sorry for anyone expecting quick conclusions, and I welcome any new entries.

Again, sorry. Not enough names for a hat right now. Sue me later.

Flag Post

My best video game memory would be with Pokémon: Ruby. I remember playing it A LOT when I was younger. How happy I was when I finally beat the league :D

Flag Post

I didn’t know anything about this series until a couple years ago but the original UFO Defense game looked great from what I saw on live streams, reminded me of the hundreds of hours I sunk into Front Mission 3. Been looking forward to this new game for a while so thanks for doing this giveaway. Best of luck to everyone =)

Flag Post

I remember playing crash bandicoot on the ps1 when I was little… good memories

Flag Post

Chex Quest… It was an old DOOM clone that was given away free in boxes of Chex cereal. When I was four years old I loved that stuff, so my dad and I would always get the prize in the box. That was my first ever computer game, and I still have fond memories of sitting on his right knee and navigating with the arrow keys while he worked the trigger and weapon switching (my hands weren’t big enough for both). We’d switch off every now and then, playing that game over and over and finding new secrets, trying new things, and just generally having a great time. Now, 13+ years later, he’s regretting ever introducing me to computer games grin

Flag Post

i remember playing the original and having a blast. Due to that fog of war, I was always worried about where to move my units and where the enemies were. It’s been a long time since a new Xcom came out, and i’m glad that the fps did no come out before this one.

Flag Post

and i’m glad that the fps did no come out before this one.

Oh, I couldn’t agree with you more.

Now I’m glad I extended the deadline a wee bit. I’ve had a chance to play the game. It’s not the same, but nostalgia and pure tactical awareness still exists. That’s what really matters to me. Granted, you’re still screwed if you don’t monitor everyone damn quick. That still exists.

Satellites! Early and in quantity! You’ll thank me.

Right now, a great video gaming memory is naming the members of my squad after all of you. Granted, not real names. (Sorry Happy, you died via exploding car because you were too busy with the rocket sacrificing yourself to kill four enemies.)

Flag Post

My best memory from UFO: Enemy Unknown (as it was known over here) was a terror mission gone completely wrong. I was wuickly down to 4 or so brave lads, who had to run to their fallen comrades and loot their ammo, as they kept running out. I somehow managed to pull through with one or two survivors.

Flag Post

One of my favourite gaming moments must have been playing the Sly Cooper series. Even though I never played the first one I absolutely loved the sequels and at the moment I am waiting impatiently for the fourth. They got me started as a gamer and I owe them that.

Flag Post

THis was one of if not the 1st PC game I ever played. Fragging those aliens was so much fun. The original strategy game for me.

Flag Post

a great reborn of the series. Addictive, dynamic, challenging, deep and fun. It’s a surprise for the fans of strategy games, whose only very slight issues are the story and the multiplayer. Not that they’re bad, it’s just they could be improved, but we quickly forget about it when playing.

Flag Post

snarf

Flag Post

I have neither a PS3 or an Xbox, but I do have a use for kreds. If I win a game, I’m thinking I will bribe some neighborhood kid to do my chores for me in exchange for it. Is that wrong?

Flag Post

While I have never played Xcom, I have many good video game memories. I can still remember the time I first beat my brother in Super Smash Bros. Melee. I was about four, and I was so excited I had beaten him in a fair match. I had taken Link, the one character I actually understood, and I remember we had turned items off. I’m fairly sure I started the match spamming his sword ride attack (A+down in air,) and then moved on to damage dealing. I think we had only one life, for fairness’s sake, and I almost lost. When I won, I remember I almost jumped out of my chair in glee.

Looking back, I realize how poor I was at SMB back then. Now I can take on my brother, my sister, and an extra level nine CPU easily, and come out on top.

Video games have lots of memories for me. The best always involve family playing them together.

Flag Post

Ah, gaming memories, some of my best. One of my favorite game-related memories was when I was playing Guitar Hero with my best friend in high school.

I had forgotten to pack my guitars, so we were forced to play on PS2 controllers. We were playing a game of co-op, and you have to both activate Star Power at the same time for it to work. Our best way of coordinating was to just yell Star Power and then tilt our guitars up, but since we were on controllers, you just had to press Select. So a challenging section of the song comes up, and my friend yells “STAR POWER!” and instead of hitting Select, yanks his controller above his head, and ends up unplugging his controller while I sit there laughing hysterically. I will never let him live that down.

Flag Post

I`M Wayne AND i LIKE IT!

Flag Post

Played a lot of xcom and I’m really looking forward to this one :)

Flag Post

+1 entry

Flag Post

All I can think of is me and a friend playing through Super Smash Bros on the Gamecube, alternating when we each died, and getting through 90% of the characters in a weekend. Ah, fun times.

Flag Post

I have never before played the game, but I know a few people who have. I wouldn’t mind winning the contest, and trying out a new game. Maybe it would take my mind off Backyard Monsters for a bit :)