[Closed] XCOM: Enemy Unknown Giveaway [or 600 Kreds] page 3

59 posts

Flag Post

I loved the old Xcom and so would really like to try the new one!

Flag Post

Um… I like free stuff :)

Flag Post

I guess my favorite gaming memory was when I first started playing video games, around the age of four. A little backstory, I remember the day that my mother took my to the store to get a Nintendo vividly. I don’t remember ever asking for it, or even knowing exactly what it was. Before that I’d honestly never heard of gaming, and most of my time was spent in the backyard pretending I was Cyclops from the X-men with a few of my friends. That, or Ninja Turtles. Either way, it was a weird experience, since admittedly my family wasn’t very well off back then and I knew it. It was my birthday though, and even though my parents rarely ‘gave’ me things (that sounds worse than it is, when I look back on it, it makes me think they were pretty much just preparing me to work for what I wanted) they didn’t hold back on my birthday.

Anyways, the actual memory is how my dad used to play games with me when he got home from work. Specifically my favorite memory was when we were playing Bubble Bobble with each other for a pretty long time. We’d never gotten as far as we had (neither of us were very good at it at the time, we’d just gotten it) and my mom suggested we go out to dinner and watch a movie at the movie theater. I’ll never forget how my dad and I looked at each other, knowing we’d have to turn the game off and lose what level we were on. I can’t quite remember what level it was exactly, but I remember it was in the 90’s. Remember that we had just bought this thing and for the most part had no clue how it worked entirely, so we tried to figure out for the next ten minutes if it was savable or not before finally just pausing the game and turning the television off so we could finish playing when we got home. It sounds silly to say, but that was probably one of my fondest memories as a kid.

I’ve been addicted to gaming ever since then, and I’m pretty sure that’s why. I’ve always viewed it as a way to get together with people, even when playing single player games. I’ve got two roommates, one of whom is my brother, and I can’t tell you how many times I’ve played through games alone and had at least one of them watch the entire thing with me and comment on it.

I’ll never really forget the times my dad used to hang out with me and actually play video games. While I appreciated it at the time (what kid wouldn’t, barring crazy circumstances) I look back on it now as an adult and am able to fully appreciate what my parents were like.

Sorry, I haven’t actually played an X-Com game, but I’ve seen it played. I just read this thread and it dug up old memories, I figured I’d share something sentimental.

Flag Post

Yeah…

I wish that I had had relatives who had any sort of an interest in video games. (Granted, I still couldn’t have afforded many of them, but just having that shared interest would have probably led to me playing a lot more video games as a kid, instead of now missing out every time someone talks about video games they’ve played.)

At least my sister and cousin got into Pokemon with me, so I actually had someone to trade and interact with.

The friend I mentioned in my earlier post—we stopped talking around the time he gave me that Super Nintendo, as we had little in common except for a like of video games, which he eventually outgrew. But the times we played together were wonderful moments.

Anyway—that’s why I’m so glad I discovered Kongregate, because I can play as many games as I want for free—and I can share my gaming experiences with an ever-growing community of people who share the same interests as me.

Flag Post

I haven’t played the original XCOM: But the new one looks rather cool. One of my favorite video game moments was actually in the original Mass Effect. I was watching my brother play through, and he was going the full renegade path, and when he finally got to the showdown with Seren he talked him into shooting himself. Both our jaws just dropped. It was the first time a conversation choice actually led to something wonderful in a video game. Even though I’ve been playing video games since the 8-bit era, this was the first time that I had ever seen anything like that.

Flag Post

Well, times up, so entries are closed. I just got done writing all the entrants names down and tossed them in a hat. I’ll start with the picking now and give a notification to the name pulled. I’ll post the winner if they confirm the win. If no reply within ~2 days, I’ll draw another name. Rinse and repeat if necessary. Hope you all had fun.

EDIT: ↓ He won.

Flag Post

:D I finally won something!!! My day is even better than it already was!

Flag Post

Congratulations uzzbuzz!

Flag Post

AAAWWW. :( I was looking for free kreds and saw that i was 4 days late… epic disappointment…