Scariest Games on Kongregate

29 posts

Flag Post

With Halloween just around the around the corner, it’s time to shut down the lights, put on your headphones, and scare yourself to the point of not being able to sleep with the lights off.

What are you all-time favorite scary games on Kongregate? The most memorable, creepy, twisted games that made you jump?

Here’s my fav 5:

Darkness

Darkness is one that’ll keep you close to the screen, then jumping backwards in your seat. Following the misadventures of a girl alone in her house with something haunting, Darkness is an thrilling point-and-click series that every horror game enthusiast would enjoy.

Desolation: The Stages of Anxiety

Desolation is probably one of the creepiest, detailed games on the site. A first person point and click game leads you through a building full of infected mutant zombies – armed with only a gun and flashlight, you must escape the clutches death before death clutches you. Tip: Have spare underwear.

Meat Mansion

If you’re in for a gore fest, as this fitting name implies, this game is for you. Similar to desolation, you’re a man stuck in a mansion of flesh feasting zombies. Twists and turns make this game truly thrilling – and beware the empty rooms, as they aren’t always empty.

Monster Basement

A bit more fun than scary, Monster Basement (and it’s sequel) do offer a good visual scary scene of being trapped in a basement with a deadly secret. This point and click adventure will have you looking over your shoulder by the time you’re done.

Nightmares of Leia Ray

A visual masterpiece, Nightmares of Leia Ray combines art and mindtwists to suck you into the world of Leia Ray, and her struggle with death.

Share your favorite scary game, and come Halloween, and no one will be left without a good game to chill themselves to the bones.

Flag Post

I confess I jumped a few times on Neverending Light

Flag Post

Scary in a different manner, a fun game regardless: Haunt the House

Neverending Light

Enjoyed that game, but did they ever end up making the next part?

Flag Post

“Neverending Light” is a good one too. Dark cave full of alien-like shadow monsters, and you only have a flashlight? Nice.

Flag Post

While not really scary, the submachine games are quite ominous and can be pretty creepy if played with headphones in the dark.

And some of AfroNinja’s games can get creepy too.

Flag Post
Originally posted by HappyAlcoholic:

Scary in a different manner, a fun game regardless: Haunt the House

Neverending Light

Enjoyed that game, but did they ever end up making the next part?

The creator said that there won’t be a sequel until he gets more money than he needs.

Flag Post

Scary maze game is creepy because you are just trying to finish a maze and the demon appears. The first time I played the game I ran away from the computer and hit behind a chair because the game was designed to get you focused on the puzzle before scaring the shit out of you.

It says the maze has 4 levels and on the third one when you have to get the mouse on the path without touching the walls it finally pops up when you almost make it.

Flag Post

awesome

Flag Post

Alice is Dead series they r just so creepy as f***

Flag Post

Don’t Sh*t Your Pants

Flag Post

i aint too much of a scary game guy, im very strong stumached.

Flag Post

That game where you take pictures of ghosts and paranormal things in a mansion.

Oh yeah…

Ghostscape

Flag Post

That Darkness game was weird. Palpatine was in the girl’s house.

Flag Post
Originally posted by pika493:

Don’t Sh*t Your Pants

That is the true fearsome game.

I know you said “in Kongregate,” but why not try Slender? It’s free, it’s popular, it’s creepy, and it’s unity-based.

Flag Post

Does this count?

Upgrade Complete 2 (Can’t be bothered to link it right now. Sorry!)

Damn, that heart rate upgrade is scary. >.<

Flag Post
Originally posted by ds_914:
Originally posted by pika493:

Don’t Sh*t Your Pants

That is the true fearsome game.

I know you said “in Kongregate,” but why not try Slender? It’s free, it’s popular, it’s creepy, and it’s unity-based.

ahem

Flag Post

Deep Sleep was a bit creepy.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Xaqqax2:

This.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Xaqqax2:

Yeah deep sleep got me when you gotta go way back and get the pick-ax then the door opens and you gotta run fast from it. I almost didnt wanna use the flashlight in the "dark room’ because i was too creeped out! :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by GottaAskTheMan:

Does this count?

Upgrade Complete 2 (Can’t be bothered to link it right now. Sorry!)

Damn, that heart rate upgrade is scary. >.<

The heart rate wasn’t scary, I just wasn’t expecting it. Woah… it can make you jump.

Flag Post

No one finds 1916-Der Unbekannte krieg scary?

Flag Post

Yeah even pwediepie played that

Flag Post

Any opinions on Nightmare Maze ?

Flag Post

http://www.kongregate.com/games/superflat/lone-survivor-demo?acomplete=lone+sur

The full version can be found on internet. This game is really scary sometimes + surprises. And it is interesting.

Flag Post

Every game in the Scared Stiff quest.