Question about Jacksmith

19 posts

Flag Post

I really like the new Jacksmith game, but compared to previous time-management games from Flipline, the shop system is a bit more open-ended. And while that’s super great, for someone like me who is practically a hoarder in video games, that presents a problem when you actually need to buy stuff to do well.

(I think Katie Tiedrich said it best when she wrote “I think, by now, it has been established that I play videogames less to defeat Bad Guys and more to sell garbage for currency I refuse to spend. Is it worth it? Yes.”)

Anyhow, while that’s given me a bunch of experience for when the end of the world comes, this style of playing has given me no experience in actually buying stuff wisely. What do you guys do? How do you spend the gems and use the dropped weapon parts? I want to play, but I do not know what stuff to buy and what stuff to use!

Flag Post

I usually try to conserve my parts and make the weapons with decent material, just enough to beat the levels. If you’re picking enough stuff from the chests, you can save up a lot of gems in the long run.

Epic Weapons are there to help you spend those parts. While putting parts individually helps a bit, the bonuses gained by creating an epic weapons is usually much more than the bonuses gained by those parts, since everyone in the party benefits from it. Some recipes are extremely good for certain situations(Waterblade vs. Water enemies, for example), some are well rounded(Durablade – Golden Axe 1), some are bad because they require parts that aren’t necessary to penetrate the enemies’ vulnerability(+6 to all damage, but requires parts vs. Darkness/Earth when you’re fighting Fire enemies… etc) in that particular level.

The bonuses from epic weapons effectively bump up the material quality for all of your weapons, which means you can get away with cheaper materials to beat the level. This will help you save up the more expensive materials(Gold, Crystal), removing the need to buy them from the shops.

Time does not flow when you are looking at designs or shopping, so take your time to check which parts you’ll need to buy from the shop. Every second saved via multitasking and planning gives you more gems to spend or hoard.

In the end, it all comes down to how many parts you’re willing to spend for each weapon. If you play it well enough, you’ll even have the luxury to forge some of the stuff out of crystal and create custom designs, which is the most fun part of the game.

Flag Post

Usually, I try to purchase 1-2 ores if I have the gems (esp if I feel they’re running low). Determining what element type helps so you can switch bookmarks and check the epic weapons that work against them (or purchase them if they’re available). That way, you can breeze through the level (might help if you can get some luck-based parts, so you can earn much more in a level, allowing you to get what you may need).

This is probably the only other Flipline game that I actually enjoy (apart from Cactus McCoy), as you can feel what you’re doing really has an effect that you get something in return than just a thumbs up and a smile.

Flag Post

you can always just not fully do a level using the unlimted ore weapons in hope to get more money and more parts and also instead of trying to build weapons you can just do it as fast as humanly possible without putting any effort in and get a huge time bonus which will give you more money for the next level

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

For me, i work like this: I get all of these parts in the last level. So if i use them all this level, ill get slightly more parts from the game ramping up. Gems can only be spent on parts, so i tend to use them when im out of parts for a weapon.

Flag Post

The Epic Weapons parts all have a red banner on the left side of their picture. You may not want to use those pieces in the early rounds just to get an individual bonus from them. Save them for when you get a recipe for an Epic Weapon that needs them.

If you pick up almost all the ores that you get from the battles you should have plenty after the first few battle areas and probably won’t need to buy more from the store. I never bought anything higher than steel ore from the store.

The time spent getting the first hard badge is only about half as long as it takes to get the second hard badge.

Some of the Epic Weapons are not very good on the higher levels. If the base material for the weapon is bronze it will still get knocked out fairly early in the areas after you get the first hard badge.

I only had 29 Epic Weapon recipes when I beat Dudley, so don’t get alarmed if you start not getting to the chests at the end of the battles.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pinchfire:

Here you go: CENSORED

Completed to 99,99%… Every badge, every special wep, every beast, but 1 (basic Dragon – I suppose it comes when you beat the game twice, but personally I don’t have any desire to continue playing. I’ve already completed the game, at least from my point of view.) Enjoy! Search for a file with the same name on your system. And replace it with this one. ;)

i might be wrong… but i don’t think this is allowed..

Flag Post

I just reached the first hard badge while only doing luck epic weapons and using no non-basic parts otherwise, and I won every single battle to this point. It’s not hard.

Flag Post

removed

no i mean that might constitute of hacking badges.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bjjdude:

Read TOS. You can do whatever you want in not-online-games.
Posting saves is OK, some games even have export-import feature (like enigmata, gemcraft, or Legend of the void)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Gremlion:
Originally posted by bjjdude:

Read TOS. You can do whatever you want in not-online-games.

From the TOS:

You further agree that you will not use or distribute any cheat utility

That, plus this:

Download if you don’t want to waste time in collecting. To be honest the first thing I did is cheat the crystals as they are the currency in the game.

equals pretty dodgy if you ask me.

Flag Post

Lance Armstrong would be proud of you.

Flag Post

4006 posts… Lance would be proud of u too.

Flag Post

Lolwut, from what I can see, Pinchfire is trying to defend himself from hacking when he said he "cheat the crystals then when he has “unlimited” crystals"