1:Fuedalism
2:Sonny
3:Carvaneer
4:Monster’s Den
5:Hands Of War
6:Max Mesiria
7:Mardek the worst by far

Flag Post

Funny that Mardek is generally either the first or the last on every list. I’d take that as proof that it’s the ultimate flash JRPG, as the people who like JRPGs rank Mardek high, and the people who don’t like JRPGs rank Mardek low.

For me it’s a general Mardek > everything else. I’m a big fan of JRPG games.

Flag Post

All of them are exceptionally good but also include the LRU Series

Flag Post

1.Mardek. Best. Game. Ever.
2.Feudalism. While i dont think its a rpg, it manages to do many things wellbut also gets boring after a while.
3.Monsters Den. It has a good system set up, but constant equipment swapping and pretty much no graphics lead to this being #3.
4. Any other Rpgs.
5. Hands of War. A Decent plot, but retarded factions, unbalanced classes, and bad graphics lead much to be desired.
6. Max Mesiria. BORING!
7. Poop. Enough said.
8. Caravaneer. maybe this would have a higher rating if i could actually figure out how to play this…
9. Sonny. What can i say? they tried to pull off the “I know. my story sucks, theres no adventuring, and my system is broken, but i have VAs!” strategy. They failed miserably at it too.

Flag Post

1. Mardek
2. Sonny
3. Monsters’ Den
4. Max Mesiria
5. Hands of War
I don’t consider Feudalism or Caravaneer RPG’s.

Originally posted by generalvalter:

Funny that Mardek is generally either the first or the last on every list. I’d take that as proof that it’s the ultimate flash JRPG, as the people who like JRPGs rank Mardek high, and the people who don’t like JRPGs rank Mardek low.

For me it’s a general Mardek > everything else. I’m a big fan of JRPG games.

The funny thing is, that Mardek is NOT a JRPG. It was made in Britain.

Flag Post

THE BEST ROCKET PROPELLED GRENADE?! HOLY SHIT. MY FAVORITE ONE IS THE—- Hold on, I’m an idiot. Ignore this part.

1. Monster’s Den.
2. Hands of War.
3. Sonny.
4. Caravaneer.
5. Mardek.
6. Feudalism.

Let me explain… Monster’s Den is in first, because it has a few good classes, custom pictures and a whole lot of items. Hands of War is in second, I love games that allow you to be who you want to be. I mean, you can basically cut through the storyline and be the bad guy. Sonny is in third because of the abilitys and items… Wait, no. That doesn’t make sense. ANYWAYS, I call it third because it has RACIST COMMENT GEAR in the second one. (Anyone who played it to the semi-last zone should understand what I’m talking about). Caravaneer?.. Never played it, but I assume it’s better then Feudalism and Mardek. Mardek is in fifth, because of the slow-paced gameplay, (GOD DAMN THOSE RANDOM ENCOUNTERS EVERY TWO STEPS I TAKE.) and because it’s plot doesn’t exactly fits my taste…

Feudalism is in sixth place, because I wipe out an entire kingdom with only one person, it’s boring. You can go right ahead and skip Feudalism, it’s basically ‘Find a kingdom, check if it’s yours, if not then invade the kingdom.‘, ’Find a kingdom, check if it’s yours, if so find a quest that gives alot of money.’.

Flag Post

LKIFJVNOEHROEINHO how could you guys miss EBF???

Flag Post

mardek is the best of that list, sonny is the worst of that list.

Flag Post

MARDEK; it’s pretty much the only one with a real storyline.

Additionally, the battle system is awesome (reminiscent of FF and other old SNES games) and it has a lot of awesome humour.

The rest are kind of fun for a while, but I get bored after no deeper story emerges.

Originally posted by slayer1337:

The funny thing is, that Mardek is NOT a JRPG. It was made in Britain.

Pseudo says that “MARDEK is an epic Flash RPG in the style of NES and SNES RPGs, like the early Final Fantasy games.” The FF series are probably the biggest JRPG series there is, and I’m proud of Pseudo for making such a brilliant game!

; v ;

Flag Post

Thank you for bumping a post from 2009 and then Jan.Your help will never be forgoten. /sarcasm off

Flag Post

1) Mardek
2) Caravaneer
3) Fuedalism
4) Sonny
5) Hands of War
6) Monster’s Den
7) Max Mesiria

Flag Post

1. Sonny
2. Hands of War
3. Monster’s Den

Flag Post

I like Feudalism, and MOSvT of the others, (Mardek and Monster’s Den kinda suck.) My favorite would have to be Lethal RPG

Flag Post

You need Lethal Rpg, they are probably the best games on kongregate.

Flag Post

Sonny

Flag Post

Feudalism wins!

Flag Post

-Sonny,
I love the gameplay, there are many points to spend to try out many strategy but the game has weak stroyline.

-Mardek,
nothing is excellent but just great, great enough to get the best overall if you consider all factor are equally important, that is, story is great, gameplay is great (unique a bit), graphic+sound was great at that time. (There is no way old games can win new ones by considering graphic factor)

-Max Mesiria, the easy, yet brutal RPG?
This is the very first RPG game, which is likely called the game that is in 1st gen of new vision of flash game. If it was that time, this game was at the same score as mardek but the younger version.

-Hands of War, the bare-bones, reliable RPG?
Storyline is weak, gameplay is going down by time and graphic + enviroment have been almost the same. It is same same but a bit down.

-Monster’s Den, the never-ending trip to the depths of hell?
This game doesn’t impress me even a bit. The graphic is okay for me but other factors just gave empty feeling to me.

-Feudalism, the continent spanning crusade?
Is this RPG?

-Caravaneer, the post-global warming survival RPG?
It is not survival RPG. It is grinding pokemon-style game. It is too old to compare to others.

So.. my list should be (Overall)
1. Mardek
2. sonny
3. hand of war

1. Mardek
2. sonny
3. hand of war=others are outdated or lacked some factors that can't be ranked into my list.=

1. Mardek
2. sonny
3. hand of war=others are outdated or lacked some factors that can't be ranked into my list.=Why did it copy itself…?

Flag Post
Originally posted by yomrgoo:

You need Lethal Rpg, they are probably the best games on kongregate.

Those “Lethal” RPGs by Ben Spyra or whoever have insanely terrible graphics and barely any kind of coherent story. But I do admit they are strangely interesting and compelling gameplay wise. However I beat them all already, so meh