The State of Flash Gaming and MMOs

6 posts

Flag Post

Is it just me, or are all recent games on this site a bunch of generic MMO-style games with heavy pay2win aspects? I mean, look at the front page. A good 90% of the games there are tagged Multiplayer, and other games like The Grinn’s Tale are basically MMOs in disguise.

I can’t be the only one appalled by this trend.

Flag Post

No, you’re not alone… there’s a discussion in the Kong forum about it:

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1-kongregate/topics/261944-mmos-are-ruining-kongregate

Flag Post
Originally posted by NeilSenna:

No, you’re not alone… there’s a discussion in the Kong forum about it:

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1-kongregate/topics/261944-mmos-are-ruining-kongregate

Thanks, didn’t see that thread.

Flag Post

Lets all go back to the time when flash was considered unsuitable even for an rpg and when java was the favored gaming language.

The games were much less frequent, but WORTH the wait.

I’m not being sarcastic. silent frontier. rex the red. wiz3 (i’m guessing 1 and 2 never got published). triglav…oh, wait, that’s javascript. (a good java_script_ game? O.o).

I do agree to some extent. Far, far too many pay-to-play-anything-but-the-tutorial rather than pay-for-enhancement but only if you’re already pro. most of which are made by people hoping for a quick buck.

Flag Post
Originally posted by fractalman:Far, far too many pay-to-play-anything-but-the-tutorial rather than pay-for-enhancement but only if you’re already pro. most of which are made by people hoping for a quick buck.

Exactly. Why make a good game when you can make some generic by the numbers MMO and target the big spender crowd? Why look for the praise of many and the donations of a few when you can vice grip the cash out of anyone with enough capital to even attempt to play your game?

I have no problem donating to a game I like. However, a game that is specifically designed to manipulate you into paying infuriates me. Maybe you can make a business out of creating games, but you should not design a game as a business.

Flag Post

Is it MMO-style that is hurting it, or just the fact that many of the games are just copycat games?