Halo 4

20 posts

Flag Post

ok

Flag Post

How is halo 4 going to be? Good or bad? Post your suggestions!

Flag Post

Try posting this in the General Gaming or Off-Topic forums :P

The campaign will probably be fun, but I’m really hoping it has a decent length to it, like every other Halo game doesn’t.
Also, fuck multiplayer.

EDIT: Wow, daylight savings is doing some pretty interesting stuff her.
Your “ok” that you just posted just got bumped up to the OP’s position, and now it says the thread was made an hour ago.

Flag Post

I don’t know if I’ll get it or not, because I don’t really play video games much anymore…. but Halo games are always good, and bring something new and interesting to the table. Game should be great.

Flag Post

Please post this here

Flag Post

The specialty classes looked really cool! I like the Pioneer.

Flag Post

Not a fan of halo anymore..

Flag Post

When Bungie handed over the Halo franchise to 343 I was a bit skeptical, but all of the coverage (Official coverage, I’ve done my damnest to avoid spoilers) I’ve seen puts some faith in 343 from me.

Flag Post

It’s fine, campaign fells short I’m already on the 3rd mission and in no hurry to pass it.
Multi-player is faced paced and doesn’t fell like other halo games online, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing but not a good thing, besides that I like the new redefined story and I enjoy new weapons, Spartans isn’t necessarily long as the mentioned.

Flag Post

343 fucked up Halo 4. The game became too fast paced, random, and unlike the other games, required no strategy. Forge in ruined, as well as custom games, because all of the creativity and abundant options have been removed. It feels like 343 had no idea what they were doing and tried to tailor it to a certain crowd. I am personally dissapointed in what Halo has become, and many are claiming that it has become too much like CoD. I used to love Halo, but if it doesn’t change, I’m thinking about moving on.
RIP Bungie…

Flag Post

Halo 4 Looks Epic!! Getting that game on my bday, I’ve always been a Halo fan. :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Alexanderjac:

343 f____d up Halo 4. (Snipsnip)

I’m actually of the opposite opinion. I thought Bungie was starting to lose it with Reach. (No opinion on ODST; thought it was a cash cow, didn’t buy it.) Did not enjoy how everything felt like a bullet sponge in the campaign, alongside the terrible AI. Thought Multiplayer was lackluster with no really interesting maps to play in, and didn’t enjoy how limited the weapon choice felt. The pace felt a lot slower, but that may have been me remember Halo 3 fondly because I thought that game had a pretty good pace to its combat in campaign and multiplayer. Halo 4 feels like the opposite, with maps that I’m immediately finding favorites of, a campaign that feels well-balanced, and so on.

Did 343 do a perfect job? Nah. Locking away emblems and not allowing us to see all the armor pieces seems trivial. The campaign’s objectives felt repetitive and by the end I was wanting to just get it done with (though on the flipside I thought the writing in Chief/Cortana was fairly well done, even if the other characters didn’t carry their weight). Vehicle balance in relation to the power weapons seems a little screwy right now, but not a huge obstacle for a team to get over. And no Elites in Multiplayer make me a sad Warforged! Elites were what drew me into the Halo universe, so it’s sad for me to not get to be one. Arbiter is my favorite character in all of the games.

But despite the complaints and nitpicking, I’ve had a blast with the game so far. 343 seems like they wanted to take care of the series, and I think they did as good a job as they could. Maybe played it a bit safe, maybe needs some more work in various departments, but I think they’ve done a good job at making it feel like Halo again. Again, these are just my opinions, but I’ve definitely found the game more than worth the price of entry so far.

Flag Post

I think that 343 Industries kept that Halo ‘feel’ while making it a bit more fast-paced. I’ve been anticipating the game for a while, and I’m happy they didn’t screw up “our universe”.

Flag Post

It’s the same as the last Halo game. Stagnant shit. 0/10

Flag Post
Originally posted by urine420:

I don’t even know how to respond to this. Sounds like a blind CoD comment.

I’m going to have to agree (not surprisingly) with Deriaz again. Although, I didn’t even bother caring about 3 much. ODST? That I was into. Nathan Fillion, no Master Chief, decent SMG and Magnum and an actual emphasis on co-op? Hell to the yes. So with 4, I was skeptical coming into it. I was sort of hoping Master Chief was dead for good. I still don’t understand what Chief and Arbiter were doing on opposite halved of Dawn. You’d think if you’re the only two people on a ship, you’d stick together for the most part, but I digress.

4 I got into mostly when I discovered Spartan Ops. 50 weeks of additional, multiple missions catered for co-op play? Under the guise of season 1? I’ll bite and enjoy the taste. While people may complain Halo 4 has a short campaign, have they even considered the length Spartan Ops is offering?

As for the multiplayer, my only gripe so far is the community always voting for the same two maps over and over and over and over again. It’s Noobtown all over again. I’m going to start hating these maps quick if these bitches won’t stop. Oh, and the Boltshot. Mossy pointed it out and I didn’t realize it until I toyed with it, but when I can single-handedly and easily take on a loaded Warthog with nothing but a loadout sidearm, you know something is amiss.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SicMirx:
Oh, and the Boltshot. Mossy pointed it out and I didn’t realize it until I toyed with it, but when I can single-handedly and easily take on a loaded Warthog with nothing but a loadout sidearm, you know something is amiss.

You’re talking about that charge shot, right?

Yeah, I’m not sure how I feel about that. Like, I understand it needs a charge shot because it can’t scope. It needs some sort of charge kick, otherwise I know it wouldn’t be used much in anyone’s loadout.

I’d be happy with something, like, leaving people in Close Call state. That’s pretty much one additional bullet or melee kills them. Probably should be weakened to some degree against vehicles, like 50% or 66% efficiency, because I’ve been on both ends of the vehicle situation — it’s not fun for the people in the Warthog, and to be fair, it wasn’t fun for me when I was the one shooting it. I understand it’s a shotgun shot, but. . . Wow. Something’s not right, but I know they’ve got to be careful with balancing it.

I’m also hoping for the super fast grenade throw glitch to be patched out shortly. I’ve started encountering more people using that with the plasmas in War Games. I don’t think it’s intended. Doesn’t feel like it, with how fast the grenades travel. (EDIT: Thinking on it some more, it seems there may be some risk vs reward in it, since it leaves the player a bit wide-open. Maybe my opinion formed too fast. Would have to weigh it a bit more.)

(Holy crap, 50 weeks of additional Spartan Ops!? I thought it was only 5. That makes me so excited, you have no idea. I already love the mode. This makes me so happy.)

Flag Post

Maybe I misread the Spartan Ops. I’m hoping for 50 weeks. Maybe it’s just 50 missions in the first season. Still, either one makes me happy.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SicMirx:

I don’t even know how to respond to this. Sounds like a blind CoD comment.

The MMS subgenre is stagnant turgid shit, I count Halo as part of that. These shit IPs need to disappear and this genre needs to die in order to actually produce anything worth a damn.

Flag Post

Flag Post

Halo 4 is very different from the previous games.

It has NO CROWS FIREFIGHT :<<<<