Darksiders II, Underrated?

2 posts

Flag Post

Is it just me, or is Darksiders II not receiving the kind of attention it deserves?

Well, I just bought Darksiders II because I watched the trailer a while back, and noticed it was on sale on Steam today for only £17.00 instead of the usual £49.99.

I quickly got it installed and started playing, and to my surprise, it was way more fun than the trailer I watched indicated. I’ve been playing it for about 8-9 hours straight now, and I just can’t seem to put it away and go to bed yet.

Another thing, I never really heard anyone say anything about this game. I think it is way too underrated and deserves much more attention than it is currently receiving.

Darksiders II has a God of War-like fight style, an Assassin’s Creed-like gameplay, a horse like in The Legend of Zelda, a hook like in Ratchet and Clank, and it even has Death! What is not to like? It does kind of feel like I am playing multiple games at once, which I feel is awesome. Besides, it has epicly long dungeons, awesome yet hard puzzles, and great graphics.

Honestly, if you didn’t see or hear about this game yet, you should go check it out.

Flag Post

Underrated, yes.
Great, maybe.

I think the main issue is exactly what you said: It feels like bits and pieces ripped from many other games, put into one; not too much about it is super-unique or innovative.