Army of Destruction (tips)

21 posts

Flag Post

Single Infantry or Bomber – use gun. Aim for the head if possible.

Groups of Infantry and Bombers – Shotgun (2 shots are needed). Clean up with Gun as required.

Bikes – Don’t bother with anything else. Use rifle. You can get 90% of the bikes before they even fire. (10% is when they come in pairs).

Stealth – Use Rifle. A single shot works like a shotgun if you aim right. Takes a few of them out. You CAN use the Gun if you want (3 shots), but then you have trouble if they swarm you.

Mechanized Infantry – Use Lasers. If you want to mix things up, Laser them till about half, then finish them off with the Gun (6 shots). Other wise it takes 13-14 shots to take em out which means you have to reload twice.

Mammoths – There’s really nothing much else you can do here. If you have lasers, laser em. Once you run out, you have to resort to rockets and nukes which will take out a few of them at once. Just becareful, because they CAN and WILL bug out, meaning your bombs won’t have any effect.

Press the mouse button slowly and calmly till the rockets land (I believe they are meant to be laser guided or something). Else you might find nothing happens.

I had trouble reloading (I couldn’t reload them manually) if this happens to you, remember NEVER LEAVE YOUR GUN at low ammo. If you have < 3 shots remaining, clear the gun and let it reload.

Stealth Units can be easily spotted by their shadows (go figure).

Only Infantry and Bombers can be shot in the head with the gun (Not sure about Stealth, but you don’t really want to use the gun for them anyway) Don’t bother with other units.

As you can tell, the Rifle is the MOST important weapon in the game. You can’t live without it. So make every shot count, and make sure it is fully loaded every level.

Most of the time units will come in groups. I seldom saw multiple types of enemies at any one time (unless you’re slow in killing them which means you’re in trouble). So take em out quick so you can use the right weapon for the job.

Don’t let those bikes get away. You can still get money if you shoot them down.

Good luck! ^^ Feel free to post on Cocak. Just put my name on it please (like you neglected to do with a couple of my videos).

Flag Post

Err… I had no problem with mammoths whatsoever, just do NOT use the laser. Only rockets.

Flag Post

I always lasered them. Rockets are expensive. ^^ lol I only rocket them when there’s 3-4 of em

Flag Post

TY Dazzer for the help, helpt me getting the badge:D

Flag Post

Mammoths are really easy. Just use a rocket and hold your mouse button down. Always killed em in one shot for me as if I just tapped the mouse button they lost ~5% hp.

And nukes are pointless >_>

EDIT: And stealth units can be shot in the head. But only once they’ve decloaked and by that time they’ve shot you a couple of times so it’s not worth it.

Flag Post

Hey daz sure I will put it on COCAK with your name on it of course.

Flag Post

Nice guide =)
it’s annoying that when you die it resets your money to what it was.. but then takes away all the ammo you had =/
oooo holding mouse button down on mammoths would have helped . I wondered why sometimes it killed them in one and sometimes it took off only a bit of health.
Btw, in the final mission I killed most of the mammoths with normal gun xD
And you can update your guide with the fact that you can hit headshots on stealth ppls =0 cos I used gun for the stealth ppl the whole time =/ (cept shotgun for groups)

Flag Post

One other pieces of advice that I found helpful when playing this: Don’t repair the energy cells if you’re just looking to beat the game. It’s more cost efficient to repair your base then to repair the energy cells and you’ll generally won’t take enough damage that you will need the energy cells; the extra money can go towards buying ammo.

Flag Post

Yeah I found that not using the energy cells until the last 2 levels help a lot with money, though even then you don’t really need them I only got them then because you should have enough money built up by then that you can have a full stock of weapons and still get them.

Flag Post

I still prefer using Rifles for Stealth. Shotgun doesn’t kill them fast enough (still need 2 shots). Rifle kills them in 1 shot, and also goes through a few of them, so you can kill 5-6 of them if they are lined up. And even before they decloak. So no point going for headshots with them (like Nick said).

Nukes are pretty pointless, yes. Having one can be handy though if you are getting swarmed.

Flag Post

And what’s all about this one ?

Flag Post

It’s actually the same thing.

Flag Post

I beat it first time without dying. Go figure. Anyway, I found it pretty easy. Here’s my tips:

As someone already said -

Stealth and Bikes = Rifle. Shotgun if you run out of Rifle ammo.

Infantry and bombers = Shotgun if they come in groups. Gun if they come singly. You’ll miss some bombers as the gun takes forever to reload but it takes an awful lot of them to do major damage.

Armoured Guys and Mammoths. = Laser. If you run out of Laser, which you will, Gun. I’m not kiding, the gun will take out a mammoth in 8 shots or so, faster than the shotgun or rifle. It’s practically a whole clip but the most I ever had was 4 Mammoths on screen at once and I got through three of them before they got to firing range.

Unlike what other people said I kept my energy towers powered up. If you’re anywhere near decent at shooting things then most levels you’ll lose the towers but the base won’t get hit, In the long run it’s cheaper repairing the towers than the base.

Nukes and Rockets are totally pointless.

USE THE RIGHT GUN FOR THE RIGHT ENEMY. If you stick to that then the game becomes pretty simple.

Flag Post

Unlike what other people said I kept my energy towers powered up. If you’re anywhere near decent at shooting things then most levels you’ll lose the towers but the base won’t get hit, In the long run it’s cheaper repairing the towers than the base.

It costs 200 to repair an energy cell, which gives you back 200 energy. The base can be repaired at a rate of 300 energy for 150 or 600 energy for 280, both of which are more cost efficient than the energy cells if you use them correctly.

Flag Post

The base repair is cheaper than the towers because you have less money to repair with at the beginning of the game. But the towers are more important. Sorry, my actual sentence was wrong as I did the badge a few days ago and my memory was hazy about the costs. However, the towers are up because you need them. If you stick with just the base you only have 1000 points of energy. There were some levels where I was attacked heavily and would lose 1000 to 1200 points. Without the towers I’d have lost the game. If the towers are full then several levels you won’t have to repair the base at all and the levels you do need them you’ll have them. Apart from one level where I had to repair heavily, I had enough money to buy almost all the ammo I needed, and I wasted cash on Rockets and Nukes which you do not need.

Flag Post

With those rockets and nukes, you can defeat things fast enough so that you never take more than about 600-800 damage per round until the last couple of rounds.

Flag Post

stealth’s don’t need to be decloaked to get head shot by the way. It is just hard to get the headshot while they’re cloaked ;)

Flag Post

Is it worth it to refill the energy cells every time?

Flag Post

I say yes. Refill the towers, others would disagree.

Also hit the stealths with the rifle and it’s one hit kill, whether they are cloaked or not, wherever you hit them. If they are in a group you can get 3 or 4 with one shot. Nothing else is as good.

Flag Post

I had trouble completing the game filling up the energy cell, but then I started over and didn’t fill them, and I beat it on the first run through with no problems. You can easily beat it without ever filling them but you should have enough extra money to have them the last couple rounds if you’d like.

Flag Post

I agree with ^ Exact same thing happened.