Pokemon X and Y page 2

40 posts

Flag Post

I think it’s funny when people complain about new pokemon designs as if the first and second generation pokemon are all beautiful and perfect. They seem to be blind to pokemon like Jynx, Mr. Mime, Exeggutor, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Dunsparce, etc. Every generation has and will have pokemon that some people don’t like, and some that are great. If you’re going to complain about every little one you don’t like, then don’t play the game.

 
Flag Post

Jynx,… Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan

wut

Agree with the sentiment, but pretty poor examples. Those were all pretty good Pokemon.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by NK12:

I think it’s funny when people complain about new pokemon designs as if the first and second generation pokemon are all beautiful and perfect. They seem to be blind to pokemon like Jynx, Mr. Mime, Exeggutor, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Dunsparce, etc. Every generation has and will have pokemon that some people don’t like, and some that are great. If you’re going to complain about every little one you don’t like, then don’t play the game.

The point is that since after so many pokemon games and so many pokemons, the originality of the game is gone. Also, the new pokemons are worse beacuse as they do more pokemons, less ideas remain, which leads into horribly stupid pokemons.

 
Flag Post

Is there any way you could possibly set up the Formation System grid in a way to that the different towers will sort of snap into place because trying to get your base to be perfectly even is impossible and is driving me INSANE.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Beny071:

This is pretty cool.
http://kotaku.com/5975396/this-nerdy-explanation-for-pokmon-xy-might-blow-your-mind

No, actually, it didn’t. But while that’s certainly an interesting approach…it’s a really, really risky one. can you say "educational ‘game’ "?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Redd500:
Originally posted by kill12355:

i don’t know about you guys but i can’t afford to keep buying a new console every time i want to play a game

That’s how it’s always been, the industry moves forward, and the newer games are made for the more advanced systems, not to mention different games are made for different consoles because of competition. Basically, you just complained that one company doesn’t have a monopoly in the industry and just sticks with one product without improving it at all.

Finally!
Someone who understands the “pokemon evolution” cycle.

Totally agree, bro.

 
Flag Post

It is very interesting game

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by mosemizrahi:
Originally posted by NK12:

I think it’s funny when people complain about new pokemon designs as if the first and second generation pokemon are all beautiful and perfect. They seem to be blind to pokemon like Jynx, Mr. Mime, Exeggutor, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Dunsparce, etc. Every generation has and will have pokemon that some people don’t like, and some that are great. If you’re going to complain about every little one you don’t like, then don’t play the game.

The point is that since after so many pokemon games and so many pokemons, the originality of the game is gone. Also, the new pokemons are worse beacuse as they do more pokemons, less ideas remain, which leads into horribly stupid pokemons.

Sure, the originality is gone, but the gameplay is constantly being improved. The large number of pokemon keeps the games from becoming stale, especially when you play against other people. If you could only compete with the first 151 pokemon, the limited amount of possible teams and strategies would become boring very quickly.
If the pokemon designs were all great, they wouldn’t be diverse. There are very few possible designs which people would consider good, and they would be of similar appearance and type.

 
Flag Post

It’s sad that no matter what people say, I’m still going to get these. And I’m still going to play the shit out of them. Childhood addictions, eh.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by indiepubgames:

I cannot wait, I am seriously considering getting a 3DS just for this :)

You should also get one for Ocarina 3D, SML3D and Fire Emblem: Awakening. The 3DS has really come unto its own as of late.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by BANGsquared:

It’s sad that no matter what people say, I’m still going to get these. And I’m still going to play the shit out of them. Childhood addictions, eh.

How is that sad?

A good game is a good game, whether you’re 10 or 30.

 
Flag Post

Making more immersion for Pokemon is great and all.. but I can’t help to notice that some of the new Pokemon looks more like disfigured aliens.

 
Flag Post

I can not wait for this game this is one of the first games for the new generation right now its 5 but when x and y comes out it will be gen 6 I found all of this out at www.serebii.net

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Fyrefox:

Making more immersion for Pokemon is great and all.. but I can’t help to notice that some of the new Pokemon looks more like disfigured aliens.

Those are Elgyem and Beheeyem, they’re intended to be disfigured aliens.

 
Flag Post

Oh, the anxiety.