Fail Let's play. (locked)

5 posts

Flag Post

people shouldnt watch OTHERS play and rather play themselves instead of watching spoilet footage. (only use for lets play are if you get stuck. otherwise dont waste time)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Galdos:

people shouldnt watch OTHERS play and rather play themselves instead of watching spoilet footage. (only use for lets play are if you get stuck. otherwise dont waste time)

People don’t always watch let’s plays and other gameplay commentaries just for the game, they watch because they like the person who’s doing the commentary. Personally, I’m subscribed to a few dozen people who play and do commentaries on games, because I like what they bring to the experience, and I enjoy the way they play the games. Many of them are games that I wouldn’t personally play, but I enjoy watching them be played (I’m more of a fan of Flash/Unity games than console games anyways).

Flag Post
Originally posted by Galdos:

People ’shouldn’t’? What 123aaa789 said is correct. Often times it’s about the commentary. Also, it can help people determine whether or not they would want to buy the game. Chances are, if people are watching a let’s play then they either don’t care if it’s spoiled for them or it won’t be spoiled for them.

Flag Post

The Let’s Play videos I watch are usually games I’ve already beaten in the past. It’s effortless nostalgia without having to dig up a copy of the game, and a good LP commentary is often humorous and entertaining in its own right. If I don’t like the commentator, I go look for a different person’s LP of the same game.

Flag Post

I watch LPs all the time for games I don’t have, so that I can still experience them. For example, it is not in my budget to go out and buy a PS3. However, it is in my budget to go online and watch someone else playing the Uncharted games.