Unnamed Game page 3

121 posts

Flag Post

I might be not a good examiner, but for a first time, it sure looks nice.

Gotta work your art more tho.

Good luck on your project brah :D

Flag Post

That latest screenshot looks really nice!

Flag Post

Phew! Finally! I was unable to login to Kongregate for three days for some reason and I was getting plenty mad! But now I am finally back by Facebook login. Anyone else had this problem?
@ manaboy & Edeslash – Thank you! I am glad you all like the screenshot. I’ve been worried about the first background a lot, so this feels good.

By the way, when I release the trailer I will give a link to the game. It’ll be a sort of beta demo :). Here is what I am planning for it.

1. Units – Anubian, Tjerupent, Unicorn, Thunderbird, Ultra Wolf, Pheonix, Black Pheonix, Kromain King and Anubis.
2. Spells – Meteor Rain, Reverse Time and Hellfire.

Flag Post

Man my computer is definitely one of the worst! My computer is down once again! I am currently posting from a cyber cafe. But I will be definitely back to work in this week.

Flag Post

i have some units ideas (if you want to):lion rider,spider rider, hoplite, archer, angel warrior, minotaur and clown
heroes:hercules, fire magician, bearus the king of bears and horse master. good luck.

Flag Post

@NevenT I have already thought of adding minotaurs and black widows (Huge spiders). I am checking up on your other suggestions now!

By the way, I have a question for you guys. Its about the Volcano spell. I had planned to raise a volcano at mouse point, have it spout fire and create a barrier for enemies (sort of like a wall which you have to destroy to get through). I’ve been wondering. Should i make it as a barrier for the player as well?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Docu:

@NevenT I have already thought of adding minotaurs and black widows (Huge spiders). I am checking up on your other suggestions now!

By the way, I have a question for you guys. Its about the Volcano spell. I had planned to raise a volcano at mouse point, have it spout fire and create a barrier for enemies (sort of like a wall which you have to destroy to get through). I’ve been wondering. Should i make it as a barrier for the player as well?

That would probably be the best course of action, or else it might be a little bit too overpowered.

Flag Post

Okay, SandXYI. It’ll be a barrier for both sides.
By the way, this is Anubis. He may not look much, but he is extremely powerful, and is only available through the Anubian’s Dark Rites power.

By the way, in case anyone is wondering, Anubian and Anubis is different. Anubians are followers of Anubis.

Flag Post

the latest ss is great docu ..

Flag Post

how about name epic battle or monster battle

Flag Post

As usual, your artwork has some amazing specimens. Two suggestions I would like to offer are:
1 – Make the body of the mammoth more proportional to the legs. Increase the height of just the body by 1.5x or 2x what it is now.
2 – Anubis looks great but are those short legs intentional? I don’t know what an Anubis is supposed to look like but the short legs make him seem less ominous. Or maybe make his torso shorter so that the proportions are more even.

Flag Post
Originally posted by sotlat:

As usual, your artwork has some amazing specimens. Two suggestions I would like to offer are:
1 – Make the body of the mammoth more proportional to the legs. Increase the height of just the body by 1.5x or 2x what it is now.
2 – Anubis looks great but are those short legs intentional? I don’t know what an Anubis is supposed to look like but the short legs make him seem less ominous. Or maybe make his torso shorter so that the proportions are more even.

Thanks!
1. You mean the Mammoth needs to be fatter? Or the legs need to be shorter? I don’t exactly understand :(.
2. Yes, it is intentional. I thought that short legs looked better. It looks less ominous?

Flag Post

Hey Docu, your game sure looks really nice and i would love to play it when it comes out!
Could you tell me something about the story please?
Maybe make like a Werewolf with an axe or something, that should be great!

Flag Post

what are you using to make games?

Flag Post

@luigiOK20 – werewolf is on my list, but with an axe? That sure sounds weird lol.
I can tell you the story, but wouldn’t that spoil the game for you a bit?

@debeloprase – I am experimenting with different stuff, but I’m thinking HTML5. They accept that in Kongregate, right?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Docu:

@luigiOK20 – werewolf is on my list, but with an axe? That sure sounds weird lol.
I can tell you the story, but wouldn’t that spoil the game for you a bit?

@debeloprase – I am experimenting with different stuff, but I’m thinking HTML5. They accept that in Kongregate, right?

Yeah i was actually saying a dwarf with an axe but then i thought werewolf would also be cool so my stupid brain accidently mixed it up
Yeah telling the story would spoil it indeed

Flag Post

i will just say that my profile is debeloprase but NevenT was my 2nd one. can you show us the buy place(shop)?

Flag Post

I already knew that you and NevenT are the same :).

By shop, what do you mean? Which shop? The unit buying screen or what?

Flag Post

yes

Flag Post

Sorry, can’t show you that. It isn’t even ready anyway.

Flag Post

Something cool to add would be a goblin shaman that can heal or use elemental spells.

Also, maybe some primal cross between a tiger and a human. Tiger men wielding spears?

Flag Post
Originally posted by PlatypusMan:

Something cool to add would be a goblin shaman that can heal or use elemental spells.

Also, maybe some primal cross between a tiger and a human. Tiger men wielding spears?

I’ve added them both to my list now. Thanks for the suggestions!

Flag Post

No one’s posted anything here for a long time, and I just wanted to say the game is not dead, it is going along well. I have been working on the map, buildings, and stuff and I’ve done some unit portraits. Take a look.

Flag Post

Ooh,Phoenix!I like.

Flag Post

looks interesting, and I like the art style of the actual units your making like others have said.

The portraits look good on their own, but I don’t like the fact that they’re a different style from the in game units. That’s something that bothers me in a game, not to mention they even seem to have a few in the selection of portraits that look to be a significantly different style from each other. A portrait is supposed to be representative of the unit it is for, when they are significantly different art styles you start to lose this, and it gets even worse when they use these in a shop or something when you’re trying to figure out which icon is which actual in game unit that you’ve seen.

Also that background is much better than the first one you posted, but it has the same issue the icons do, I think its actually a bit worse with the backround to me. It looks too much like a realistically rendered scene with drawn sprites on top of it. I think you could make it work, but I personally prefer more consistent style across game elements.

Also when people are talking about the art style of your sprites, the heavier outlines aren’t breaking that, I think they more mean the hand drawn character style, as opposed to say, something like super realistic images or rendered 3D models or cartoony chars, or old school 16bit type art, that sorta thing. Some minor changes and cleaning up the sprites wont ruin your style.

Looks good so far, good to see someone actively working on a game and sharing it here. Good luck and I’ll be sure to give it a try when you finish.