Unnamed Game page 5

122 posts

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Yay! Over a hundred posts! Thanks a lot for the support guys! (Although 50% of the posts are from me). It really feels good to see so many people interested in my game. Hope I can live up to your expectations!

This is Apophis. He is available through the Tjerupent’s Chaotic Call spell. He, along with Anubis, are the two godly summons available in the game. He can’t move though, so he’s more like a really powerful defensive organic turret. Only way he may move is Substitute!

Flag Post

So,wait.The element cycles are:

Fire > Water > Electricity > Earth > Wind > Ice > Magic > Dark > History > Technology > Sand > Bone > Fire

PS:“>” means beaten by

Flag Post

No, not exactly. That would be really tedious since there are so many elements. It’s more like the Pokemon system, for example fire is strong against forest, ice and history and weak against water, sand and technology. You can only equip 10 units at a time, so it will be difficult otherwise to pick a perfect team. For example, a good team would be Black Dragon (Fire), Hydrosaur (Ice/Water), Anubian (For sand, sacrificial spamming and for Anubis), Black Tiger, Kromain King, Ormidillion Cannon (For long distance technological sniping), Diablo, White Dragon, maybe Zambozaur for bone and Shadowlord as Hero. There are also Sea Serpent, Leviathan and Kraken for good water titans. There is also of course the Ultima Units, but you’ll get those really late in the game.
It will be sort of complicated, but don’t worry, I will explain it well in-game.
Can you give me ideas for symbols of Magic, Dark, History and Technology? I was gonna use a bone for history, until bone element came up. A gear would be okay for technology, right?

Flag Post

Artwork for Thunderer, an electric titan.

Flag Post

Jan 22, 2013 1:36am
Docu
73 posts
Quote post
Flag Post
Screenshot of the game

where i can play that?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Docu:

Screenshot of the game

where can i play this game

Flag Post

Hey guys, I’ve been sick for a while and exams are coming up, so I haven’t been able to work on the game much. I hope to be back soon.
I have been working on this small character, and I really wanted to name it Lycan. But I’ve found out that Lycan and werewolves are the same thing. What do you think I ought to do?

@Klegend – It’s not released yet.

Flag Post

This is really sweet. You better not forget this. It doesn’t look like a werewolf, more like a raptor. Name it somewhere along that.
About your name… looking through all your units, it seems mostly Egyptian based(Anubis,Apophis,phoenix,etc), everything else mythical.You could go check around Egyptian crap and make a name :P
Also, make your sprite’s eyes clearer. Can’t really see them in both screenies.

Flag Post

Don’t worry, I am definitely not forgetting this.
Yeah, I know, I was thinking kind of the same thing. I had really set my heart on naming it Lycan, but Raptor sounds right-ish. Lycaraptor? Lycaptor? Does that sound silly? Maybe it’ll work…
I got a couple of Egyptian units and a building (Pyramid), but that’s because I read a bit of Egyptian Mythos. Maybe if read, say, Greek, I might have put in Zeus, Poseidon, Hercules or… Athena? (Um, I forget, is she the healing goddess?)
I do have Cerberus and Hydra (Although I am not sure if that is Greek or Russian)
So I am not thinking of going Egyptian with the title. I am thinking of going safe and using the name of the country where this takes in the game.
In the 1st screenshot, Kromain Beast’s (the purple guy) eyes are a bit off focus, but you’ll never see the Anubian’s eyes as anything other than black dots lol. But aren’t the other creatures okay? In the second screenshot as well?
P.S : Is Phoenix Egyptian?

Flag Post

you should probably stop spamming the link to this thread in comments on games.

Flag Post

I think you should have temples[or something similar as a temple] for each team and when that temple gets destroyed, the other team wins, or same thing with a strong unit. And better background and little power-ups for the units[but you must purchase, to use power-ups] Sorry For Typing So Much ______________________

Flag Post
Originally posted by EvanStone:

you should probably stop spamming the link to this thread in comments on games.

I know, but it is the only I can attract an audience. Feel free to “-” my comments if they annoy you. Hey, everyone has a right to free comment, don’t they?

Originally posted by ki11erzx:

I think you should have temples[or something similar as a temple] for each team and when that temple gets destroyed, the other team wins, or same thing with a strong unit. And better background and little power-ups for the units[but you must purchase, to use power-ups] Sorry For Typing So Much ______________________

The more you type, the better for me lol.
I do have that sort of gameplay. There are different types of missions, Siege (Defeat enemy castle), Assassination (Defeat specific enemy), Extermination (Defeat a number of specific enemy(s), Survival (Survive for time period), Protect (Defend an object/ally) etc.
For example, in a naval battle, you have to protect a cargo ship from pirates and a kraken.
Power-ups? There are in-game spells, and you can pick 3 perks for each battle from a long perk tree. There are collectible scrolls too, where you can read about Tyro (the game’s setting) or you can skip. (Sorta like Arkham City Stories). Which one are you talking about?

Flag Post

work more on the background please, it makes a huge difference on the looks of your game

Flag Post

I’ve looked at this thread at your request Docu… personally I’m not a fan of the art style myself, it kind of seems… well nvm I can’t think of a good way to say it. Honestly I’m not sure how “history” can be considered an element, that doesn’t make much sense to me at all. From what I’ve seen of the game mechanics in this thread I kind of get the feeling that your game is going to be overly complicated and somewhat hard to manage, that being said I won’t know until I could actually play it…

My suggestions would probably be to make sure you thoroughly test your game before publishing it since it sounds like you want to do a lot of things with it and the more features you try to pack into a game the more possibilities there are for bugs and glitches. Also I would maybe cut some of these ideas you have for a sequel to this game you are working on. Get the basics down in your first game and then build on it in the next with the other ideas you have. Not all good games have a ton of features and content, but they do have solid gameplay with features that work well.

Anyways that’s my two cents… personally I don’t think I’d really play the game much, the artwork just… bleh, I wouldn’t want to look at it for very long. lol

Flag Post

Criticism is always welcome, but I wish you’d really think about it and tell me what do you think is wrong with the art style. I’m too far in to change the style now, but maybe for future… i don’t know.
History is like ancient units like dinosaur, mammoths, sabre-tooth tigers etc. It’s like a foil to the technology element. It is pretty complicated, but I’ll explain it, don’t worry. What you say about features and gameplay, I think you are right. But I had tested my game without sprites and it’s working fine. I will try to get as many people as possible to test my game.
I’ve always respected you a lot since EWS, so it is rather a blow for me to hear you don’t like it. Hopefully once you play it you’ll like it and prove yourself wrong!

Flag Post

My main issue with the graphics I guess to be specific is #1 the coloring and #2 the way you have drawn your four legged creatures.

The coloring honestly looks like someone did it with a marker or something because some places have less color than others, you could use this effect to simulate lighting from a certain direction I suppose, but it just looks random to me so it’s rather confusing and just makes them look bad overall. (If you want a good example look at the big blue tailed thing in Klegend’s post above, that Apophis creature suffers from the same problem though I would say it isn’t nearly as bad.)

#2, the way you have drawn your four legged creatures makes them look extremely awkward to me. Again taking that blue tailed beast thing as my example, the way that you drew him it looks like you just drew the body and then slapped some legs over the top without any real thought as to how creatures that walk/run on four legs are actually built, from an anatomical stand point. Dog/wolves legs are attached to the main body much further up than that creature, where as a lizard or a crocodile’s are actually attached around there but their legs don’t go straight down they actually come out away from their bodies. So to me it just looks like some kind of very strange creature that doesn’t make any sense from a logical standpoint, it has the body of a reptile and legs of a deformed canine.

As for your history element, if those units are that element perhaps you should change the name of the element to Prehistoric instead, though I would think tech would be the super effective element to that… I mean ancient man started hunting mammoths and stuff once we learned how to make spears and what not, which is a form of technology. Those are my observations anyway.

Flag Post

1. I honestly thought it would look better with those colored patches, making it look like it is fighting, and the light is flashing in different areas making glistening and sweaty effects. For example, in screenshot 2, the light is streaming in through the leaves and so light isn’t equally distributed.
2. They’re completely made up characters, so what did you expect? lol. At least most of them are. They’re quite illogical, I know.
3. Yes, of course technology beats history. It is the only sane way!

Flag Post

well if you are going to do some dynamic lighting on the units then obviously that changes things a bit, you can’t really see that in just one screen shot… I know they are made up characters, but you based them on animals/mythical figures that exist… I honestly didn’t want to say this because I’m not trying to troll or flame your game, but it looks like an 8 year old drew some of these units =/

I guess that was my mistaken then, the way you worded your previous post about the history element thing made it sound to me like that element had an advantage over technology, which wouldn’t make sense to me.

Flag Post

you can make gods like zeus or loki, humans: militia, swordsman, spearman, monsters: justin bieber, skeleton, warg rider, angel, orcs and goblins.

Flag Post

have you actually done anything with this game besides post your ideas and your drawings?
that won’t automatically make you a game, you need to learn to program (ActionScript if you’re using Flash) and learn to animate your sprites, which takes hours for each sprite individually.

Flag Post

hey docu no new news from the game huh?