SolaSim (THE Solar system sandbox)

203 posts

Flag Post

Latest Version: SolaSim 5 Click Here to play

SolaSim_Logo

This is a solar system simulator.You can spawn some particles in to the solar system and using the physics formula for force and gravity given to us by Kepler, you can can see your solar system come to life, in real time!
Watch particles merge with other particles to form planets or even being sucked in to the sun or thrown out of the solar system .In the midst of all that chaos, a calm and peaceful solar system will emerge.
What makes it even better is that this application is exquisitely brought to life using Unity3D 4.0, Physx and BrightNewWorlds.

Latest Version: SolaSim 5
Beta version: SolaSim 6-beta 2

Link to a video of twin planets: http://youtu.be/sRRx-eqtYkY
video tutorial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMsRTt14ZfA
Thanks AAGamerGuy829!!!!

Top settings so far belongs to (AGamerGuy829):

Sun Mass-1.974059
Sun Weight-1.347637
Spawn Force
Max:10
Min:7.01943
Spawn Mass
Maximum-5
Minimum-4.06703

Note: for these setting to work, please copy everything.

This is what you should get by using these settings.
SolaSim_Logo

SolaSim_Logo

SolaSim_Logo

Post your settings and people can rate your settings here, also any questions you may post here, where either I or someone else will help you out :D

Posting links to picture or videos (of SolaSim) is allowed.

Flag Post

I dont get this game.

Flag Post

Okay, well the idea of the sandbox is to create a solar system with good orbits and planets that retain there atmosphere water and clouds, and then slowly grow your population.

The way you get this right is by using your settings, in the settings menu to create particles that have stable orbits, these particles will then crash into each other and slowly form planets.

For the people who cant get the planets to form, I posted Agamerguy829s’ settings that work very well at forming stable planets.

So try play around with settings and try make great planets.

Remember SolaSim is still a WIP so if you have any ideas, post them here and I may be able to put your idea into SolaSim.

Jason

Flag Post

ooohh, a forum.. Also, i have a list of suggestions. The developer already knows them but i want to know what do you think about my suggestions.
1.Able to spawn gas to form Gas giants(Spawn gas by pressing G+RMB)
2.Gas giants
3.A seperate slider for clouds
4.Resizable Windows
5.Able to save your Systems.
6.Growing Planets
7.When another planet crashes into another, particles will shoot up from the impact site.

What do you think guys.
AAALLLSSSOOO, heres is what you are gonna get when you use my settings-http://i.imgur.com/dqZSbh4.png

Flag Post

you know that if rocky planets are big enough they could get rings but still smaller then gas giants

Flag Post

and gamer

Originally posted by AGamerGuy829:

ooohh, a forum.. Also, i have a list of suggestions. The developer already knows them but i want to know what do you think about my suggestions.
1.Able to spawn gas to form Gas giants(Spawn gas by pressing G+RMB)
2.Gas giants
3.A seperate slider for clouds
4.Resizable Windows
5.Able to save your Systems.
6.Growing Planets
7.When another planet crashes into another, particles will shoot up from the impact site.

What do you think guys.
AAALLLSSSOOO, heres is what you are gonna get when you use my settings-http://i.imgur.com/dqZSbh4.png

and gamer on number 7 if the the planet impacting if big enough it could make rings around the planet for example: remember when a mars sized asteroid hit the earth it formed rings around the earth

Flag Post

Now I get this game, after playing it I could say it is like “Aurora” but more focused on simulation, good luck on the development, liked it.

Flag Post

oh and on gas giants if they have moons they could be impacted by a comet or another moon or if the the gas giant is big enough a moon got close to the gas giant and got destroyed by the gas giants huge gravity, thats another thing about gamer’s 7 idea since its about particles coming out,u know that rings are made out of particles right?

Flag Post

Fornia, I have been tinkering around with the planet rings, simulating 1000’s of particles to make a ring would be to CPU intensive for normal PC’s so I have come up with logic that simulates rings around the planet. I hope you’ll like the ring because they aren’t made up with individual particles in the SolaSim. But the rings are being formed on the same sort of logic as you’re talking about.

Flag Post

Aurora and SolaSim have their similarities, however SolaSim is in no way trying to be Aurora.

Flag Post

Guys if you take screenshots of SolaSim, I will put the best ones at the top of this page with credit. Just to prove to new people that SolaSim does work.

Flag Post

looks good

Flag Post

Thanks Aisiy, have u made any planets yet?

Flag Post

aisiy doesn’t actually play games (0 games played since it registered over a month ago). It’s a spam account that posts in threads with either links to its gold farming website or just to increase post count to look legit.

Flag Post

Wow why do they even go through all the effort??? thanks Ice!!

Flag Post

Ideas: First it needs an evolution bar like a single-celled organism, multi-celled organism, creature that can walk and then humans. Next – detailed creature calculation. Example: 800 million trees, 400 million herbivores &etc. Humans would be extremmely hard to make(you need Goldilocks planet). Trees will raise oxygen level and animals will reduce. You can spawn a planet with a little oxygen. Humans and herbivores should delete trees. Predators should kill herbivores &etc. This is a very good game!

Flag Post

arnoldas000 you have opened my eyes to soo many possibilities :o I love how everything you said made total and utter logical sense. I’m def gonna try implementing all of your ideas!! I also wanna add to you idea, example: aliens come from other Solar Systems and try take over planets, only humans can protect a planet from aliens. 400 aliens vs 400 Humans = draw; 400 aliens vs 300 humans = aliens win; 300 aliens vs 400 humans = humans win; If aliens win they start to destroy all forms of life including trees and animals, they also remove water and oxygen; basically leaving you with a dry planet.

Flag Post

Not bad arnoldas, add that!

Flag Post

Suggestion! Able to choose what direction the planets go, either clockwise or counterclockwise

Flag Post

you can already do that, set the particle spawning force to: eg. -1

Flag Post

……trying that out…

Also, what day do you think SolaSim6 will be released…and PLEASE PLLEEEASSEE add gas giants and the ability to spawn gas.

Flag Post

I added them, hehe you cant spawn gas but it works very realistically so :d hope you like it, It’ll be released as soon as i get all the requests done :D so depending on how much time I have, maybe 2 weeks time?

Flag Post

Can I fully pause the game. Yes, I know that I can reduce in game simulation speed. But sometimes it needs apause button. Is there a pause button?

Flag Post

……you are not adding gas, i hope that was just a mistake or a joke(first you said you add them, then you say you can’t. but its fine that your not adding gas; but i will cry.
Also its febuary 4 today..so solasim 6 will be released Feb 18.(After this point this will no longer be about solasim) I gotta develop the rover quick! and how should i deploy it? skycrane method(Curiosity Rover) or Ramp method(Lunokhod), also changing destination from Mun to Duna, maybe Eve, much easier to get into it’s SOI

QUESTION-Does BBCodes work in this kind of forum? how did you post the picture without the link?

Flag Post

bbcode does work here, I added a pause button now, andim sorry about the gas :(