SolaSim (THE Solar system sandbox) page 2

204 posts

Flag Post

Link to a video: http://youtu.be/sRRx-eqtYkY

First video of SolaSim, check out the planets orbiting each other!!

Flag Post

NICE! Sooo, you added the suggestion that planets are growing..i hope you hunt down those bugs well.
PS:I think the “Planets Orbiting Each Other” is the wrong phrase, the correct phrase is “A planet having a moon”66

PLEASE RELEASE SOLASIM SIX! I WANT MOONZ

Flag Post

:p hahaha Im sorry :P and yea but just know you’ll have to make the moons :p

Flag Post

Could i update my settings

Particle Spawn Force
Max:10
Min:7.01943
Add this, do not modify the others.

Whats good about these new settings is that it will give you both massive amounts of planets and massive amounts of planets with a very stable(earth like) orbits.The Minimum for the Spawn Force creates planets with circular orbits in the Warm zone, and the Maximum of the spawn force creates circular orbits in the Goldilocks zone(i do not guarantee total goldilocks orbit, some might have a VERY slightly elliptical orbit that goes into the warm zone, at least your planet has 2 seasons, because the period in the warm zone is summer, and the period in the goldilocks is spring)

Heres what i got..

Circular, huh

Heres proof that it creates lots of planets

PLEASE NOTE: If you only want planets on the Warm zone pull the Max Spawn Force slider just the same as the Min Spawn Force Slider, if you want planets in the Goldilocks zone only pull the Min Spawn Force Slider to 10.Also doing this will increase how circular the planets orbits are.
PS:I tried BBCodes, but they did not work, now trying out the HTML Image.

Flag Post

I can see the bigger population in the stats in your video. More than 14000 million population!

Flag Post

ummm why would cloud spawn from particles, clouds form from evaporating water and then rain back on the ground and goes to the big lake or ocean and does the cycle again or rain back as snow or hail if in cold regens like mountains, oh and make rivers too, life doesnt need saltwater…well some

dont forget Continental plates and volcanos

Flag Post
Originally posted by AGamerGuy829:

Could i update my settings

Particle Spawn Force
Max:10
Min:7.01943
Add this, do not modify the others.

Whats good about these new settings is that it will give you both massive amounts of planets and massive amounts of planets with a very stable(earth like) orbits.The Minimum for the Spawn Force creates planets with circular orbits in the Warm zone, and the Maximum of the spawn force creates circular orbits in the Goldilocks zone(i do not guarantee total goldilocks orbit, some might have a VERY slightly elliptical orbit that goes into the warm zone, at least your planet has 2 seasons, because the period in the warm zone is summer, and the period in the goldilocks is spring)

Heres what i got..

Circular, huh

Heres proof that it creates lots of planets

PLEASE NOTE: If you only want planets on the Warm zone pull the Max Spawn Force slider just the same as the Min Spawn Force Slider, if you want planets in the Goldilocks zone only pull the Min Spawn Force Slider to 10.Also doing this will increase how circular the planets orbits are.
PS:I tried BBCodes, but they did not work, now trying out the HTML Image.

how about fall is half cold is fall and the other half of cold is winter or if it a a severe winter then it means a white trail

Flag Post

Sorry guys my internets been down the last week, I’m using my phone right now so I can reply to everything right now, as soon as mi internet is back I will make sure I get to every1. I like у that your thinking about seasons, if α planet stays to long in any “zone” it won’t be earthlike, sure it needs to be as close to the goldilocks zone, but if α planet stays too long in the goldilocks zone it will become α water planet. Sorry for spelling mistakes, as I said, I’m replying with my phone. Also, when particles hit the planet, depending on the particles water amount, it might add water and “evaporated water” clouds to the planet, when the particle hits the planet it causes the planet to over heat for α bit, thus causing rapid evaportaion and causing cloud coverage. Adding snow and stuff would be α great addition to the planets, and. one last thing, not all planets have plates, but this could be α hard but cool addition to solasim, volcanos as well, speewing lava out of them!!!! Thanks guys for all your input, and I’ll paste your pictures on the front page, aswell as update your settings

Flag Post

Okay so it took a week for my internet to be fixed, but yea its finaly fixed :D

Flag Post

After reading everything I think it would be nice to add an option to create a solar system out of nothing, no Star already formed, or Sun if you prefer. It would be very nice to start a solar system out of a gas cloud, to watch as the particles start to get together to each other. Though I can see some really big issues with that, since it would be necessary to add gravity to each particle and the sheer number of particles that would be needed to form a star would be really big, though I think that if there was an option to simulate a gravitational well, much like the initial sun is, would also be interesting and could replace the calculation of gravity. Nonetheless, it would be awesome. It’s one of the things that I’ve thought of since I started playing this game. What would be a better way to simulate your own solar system than to see the birth of your own star?
Also, not all Gas Giants have rings. A Ring can be present in any kind of planet, as a matter of fact, Earth has a ring of debris, though it’s hardly something one would call a planetary ring.

Flag Post

TsumiHokiro – Thanks for the comment, haven’t had any for quite a few days.

All particles do currently have gravity so the problem isn’t there, the problem is the fact that the particles form multiple suns and fly off all over the show, and this is only bad because , unlike the universe, most computers can only run about 1000 – 2000 particles at a time but your idea of having an initial gravity well is sheer genius, its like having your cake and eating it (sorry for the crappy analogy) .

The sun will be able to grow the way the players want ( And the player can nurture it) and the particles wont form multiple suns and spread all over the show (making it a viable option for home computers). Thanks for your comment!!!

IMAGINE SOLASIM IF WE COULD RUN IT ON SOME SORT OF SUPER COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!!

Flag Post

lol that would be good

Flag Post

i thought solasim6 was opened today?

Flag Post

Update my settings pls

Flag Post
Originally posted by TsumiHokiro:

After reading everything I think it would be nice to add an option to create a solar system out of nothing, no Star already formed, or Sun if you prefer. It would be very nice to start a solar system out of a gas cloud, to watch as the particles start to get together to each other. Though I can see some really big issues with that, since it would be necessary to add gravity to each particle and the sheer number of particles that would be needed to form a star would be really big, though I think that if there was an option to simulate a gravitational well, much like the initial sun is, would also be interesting and could replace the calculation of gravity. Nonetheless, it would be awesome. It’s one of the things that I’ve thought of since I started playing this game. What would be a better way to simulate your own solar system than to see the birth of your own star?
Also, not all Gas Giants have rings. A Ring can be present in any kind of planet, as a matter of fact, Earth has a ring of debris, though it’s hardly something one would call a planetary ring.

why do u think that theres supanovas exploding near gas clouds?

Flag Post

it would be better if google earth was in solasim i think

Flag Post
Originally posted by cesarcurado:

lol that would be good

u have alot of posts…what level are u?

Flag Post
Originally posted by AGamerGuy829:

NICE! Sooo, you added the suggestion that planets are growing..i hope you hunt down those bugs well.
PS:I think the “Planets Orbiting Each Other” is the wrong phrase, the correct phrase is “A planet having a moon”66

PLEASE RELEASE SOLASIM SIX! I WANT MOONZ

oo i was just thinking about reading this post,a gas giant or a bigger rocky planet having a life moon since i watch the video

Flag Post

my red forever planet made a stable elictible orbit after a smaller planet crashed into it

and another planet erupted it _

Flag Post

How about naming sun and planets in the next update?

Flag Post

Well I want to release it but I got busy a a few weeks back on making a save game, but it is till buggy, I think i’ll take the save part away and just release it the way it is. sorry guys :( I’m really battling on the save game, the problem is that there are too many particles to be stored per save eg. 1000 particles and each particle has about 50 settings that need to be saved, and 5 texture, that means 1000*50*5=250000 settings to save!!!!!!! and it seems to have problems when you try save to much

Flag Post
Originally posted by BrightNewWorlds:

Well I want to release it but I got busy a a few weeks back on making a save game, but it is till buggy, I think i’ll take the save part away and just release it the way it is. sorry guys :( I’m really battling on the save game, the problem is that there are too many particles to be stored per save eg. 1000 particles and each particle has about 50 settings that need to be saved, and 5 texture, that means 1000*50*5=250000 settings to save!!!!!!! and it seems to have problems when you try save to much

so when it is released

Flag Post

I’m releasing SolaSim 6-beta now. There may be some bugs and the save game doesn’t work yet.

Flag Post

SolaSim 6-beta released take a look at it.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/BrightNewWorlds/solasim-6-beta#recent_comments

Flag Post

@BrightNewWorlds
I’ve noticed that there’s a maximum mass set. No matter how much more debris falls on a planet or if a planet collides with another, their mass won’t change. Also, about the planets colliding, it’s only natural that when two things collide with each other there will result in energy transfer and in velocity change. When that happens here, nothing happens, one of them cease to exist and the other continues happily ever after. It would be interesting if there were some change when they collide. I wonder if it would be hard to calculate such change in the speed vectors? At least for large masses, not the particles, since calculating the interaction and the change in velocity of every particle would again pose as too much work for most computers.
On a second note, I think it would be interesting if there was a way to extend the trail of planets. Sometimes I’m wondering just how far a planet will go/has been going from the Sun and get somewhat vexed when the planet that I had been following since the beginning of the system has been expelled from it because another planet’s gravity has altered it’s speed enough and I couldn’t do much since I didn’t know where the borders ended. So in a double note, make it so we could make the trail longer/shorter either for an individual planet or for all of them and make the borders clearer.
Still, I would love to see multiple Suns. I don’t mind the Analogy, I like my Sandboxes to be like the cake you love the most and decide how to eat it, the cream, the fruit or whatever first!
@Fornia I don’t get your commentary, would you mind specifying what your point is?