SolaSim (THE Solar system sandbox) page 3

203 posts

Flag Post

damm i wrote an entire message and then i closed the browser by a mistake.

okay well there is in fact a max mass " this makes it easier for people to make stable planets.

there is already velocity calculations, although people complained because their hard earned planets would be nocked out of orbits

the reason why a planet disappears is because the planets crashed and joined with the more massive one.

the trails are something im still working on so I can try add that, and the grid represents the area that the planet can move, if it moves off the grid it dies.

i will try get the multiple suns in the next version for you guys.

oh and just a tip if u want to grow you sun in solasim 6-beta it is now possible, just set the sun size to “small” and then let particles hit into it, the sun will then grow, this is still in a beta so if you find a bug please report it.

Thanks TsumiHokiro!

Flag Post

Solasim-6 beta?

Flag Post

Yes, it is still a bit buggy and it doesnt have everything yet.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/BrightNewWorlds/solasim-6-beta

Flag Post

yay new page which means new information or something like that

Flag Post

so is there any mini updates on solasim 6 beta?

Flag Post

well, there are rings, and planet sizes can be different , and the sun grows when something collides. the goldilocks zone changes with the sun size. Gas giant effect. moons should be easier to form.

Flag Post

I will try and hunt the bugs down…

EDIT-When i zoom in into a planet in the blue zone with rings the surface goes flickers from black to normal.
EDIT-I LOVE THE RINGS!

Flag Post

only the blue ones?

Flag Post

yes
also try to eliminate the lag while spawning particles.

Flag Post

u haven’t made upgrades on galaxy beta, why did u added that anyway

Flag Post

I made the galaxy mode just to test things out, and thought maybe you guys and girls would like to play around with it?

Flag Post

Fullscreen mode sometimes doesn’t run. Example: if you press F the screen flashes and turns bgack into windowed mode.

Flag Post

oh, is this when you hold it in ? I’ll see if its that problem.

Flag Post

My brain has come up with ideas

1.Could you allow us to type in the settings in the settings area, so that we can just copy and paste settings from other’s settings

Flag Post
Originally posted by AGamerGuy829:

My brain has come up with ideas

1.Could you allow us to type in the settings in the settings area, so that we can just copy and paste settings from other’s settings

oh yeah nice idea it is getting annoying that u have to use the slide bar and miss a number

and on solasim 8 (if its the series of solasim is gonna continue on) add multiplayer to the game like galaxy as a server and stars system as its players and go to galaxy view and click on other star systems and view there star systems too, or just play alone create ur own galaxy,place ur star where u want and create the planets

Flag Post

Yeah, but there are sooommee problems about multiplayer…the time. okay thats kinda tolerable, and the admin can only modify time acceleration. so ADD it. But you may also need funding, servers cost money. let me see whats left in my wallet….

I said “some problems” i know because someone suggested multiplayer for a spaceflight/spacecraft building simulator, the greatest problem was the time warp, it was never added. EVER!

Flag Post

I PRESENT TO YOU! THE SECOND VIDEO ABOUT SOLASIM!
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMsRTt14ZfA[/video]

….Fail attempt..Note to self:do not use bbcodes of another forum in another forum

anyway heres the link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMsRTt14ZfA

Flag Post

awesome !!!! I hate this forums code!! :P

Flag Post

Servers cost a LOT Per month. so Multiplier may be quite hard, and people with low pinngs may annoy people. So multiplayer is maybee something for when we start making money .

Flag Post

I love your tutorial man!!!!!!!!!!

Flag Post

Thanks :) whats missing is commentary(i dont have a mic(hopefully i will have)) and some advanced planning for the annotations.
Also, someone mentioned double suns in SolaSim 6-Beta, how do you make that, also, it would make much more sense if it was formed using gas, stars are made of gas..you know

Someone said that this game is a copy of a game, the comment deserves negative 1[100 zeroes]

And, i have something that can help you create a channel dedicated to SolaSim…but this place is not the right place.

Flag Post

Here is Solaris C(Later renamed to Solaris B after the original Solaris B crashed into Solaris A(The biggest planet))
Its a planet that always orbits in the Green zone. It also has a moon, very small and hard to see.

I recorded the planet make orbits, it will take a while to upload.

Flag Post

Thanks gamerguy, I have never played any other solar system creating game, so I can 100% say that SolaSim is no copy!

I’m thinking of adding planet naming to make it easier for you guys, as suggested.
A second sun is something i’m still working on, since having 2 suns slows solasim down big time!

I want to make a channel, so we must please speak about it :D

Your video is awesome, thanks for putting so much time into it! Cant wait to see your next one!

Flag Post
Originally posted by BrightNewWorlds:

Thanks gamerguy, I have never played any other solar system creating game, so I can 100% say that SolaSim is no copy!

I’m thinking of adding planet naming to make it easier for you guys, as suggested.
A second sun is something i’m still working on, since having 2 suns slows solasim down big time!

I want to make a channel, so we must please speak about it :D

Your video is awesome, thanks for putting so much time into it! Cant wait to see your next one!

I agree, this game is no copy 1[100 zeroes] is a googol (i could not create a googolplex, it has like A LOT of zeroes), it means negative 1 googol, googol is a VERY big number.I wish you will add planet renaming. And thanks, i worked 5 hours on the video, the longest part was organizing the annotations, it would just take 1 hour if i had a mic. Also i need your email to send you something that might help you create a channel, you need bandicam for the thing to work.

Also, i wish to be a beta-tester, i found some bugs yesterday
when i bring down the planet’s speed to zero, it stops, it just stays there.

Flag Post

I did some research on the planets, and YOUR gonna like what im about to say. I discovered that you need an orbital speed(of the planet) of 400-499 km/s to have a stable orbit in the goldilocks zone, this ONLY works in my settings.

And something happened to my planet already in the goldilocks zone, a planet managed to get into the planet in stable orbit in green zone and came in from the top, it did not collide, but the planet forces the planet in stable orbit in green zone into an eccentric orbit, miraculously the planet in stable orbit in green zone maintained its orbital speed, but the danger is not over yet, the planet in stable orbit in green zone managed to boost the other planet into a green zone stable-orbit speed, they might collide.

The change of orbit changed the peoples lives too, the seasons became like earth (but the reason is it’s orbit’s eccentric orbit instead of an non-straight axis.) But some benefited from it, scientists can now examine the polar regions of the sun, which has been almost impossible, you need to have a satelite to get there, sooo costly to buy a Falcon 9 from SpaceX.

planet in stable orbit in green zone

Also, SolaSim was the first game i played, i registered while playing the game, because i REALLY liked the game and wanted to give out some suggestions.