SolaSim (THE Solar system sandbox) page 4

204 posts

Flag Post

My email address i will give to you in a private post, and I would like to let you be a beta tester :D you are the first person to ask that :D I’ll send you beta versions through email, I have a beta already, where I added planet naming, so far its running alright, I just hope it doesn’t cause any errors, but since your my new beta tester, you can help identify some problems :D

Flag Post

Sent you an email(from yahoo) it contains a couple of attachments. waiting for reply.

Flag Post

I haven’t received your email yet? I have checked the email i sent to you and it is correct. if you cant use that email address just use jason.vandermeijden@gmail.com

And hows the next video coming along :D

Flag Post

I don’t have any ideas for a next video.i need some. and sooo its Gmail ill try.

EDIT:I sent an email now..but not through Gmail, through mediafire, i could not give you the link because its in private. or maybe it will fail..sigh i wish Gmail allows you to attach and send executable files.

Flag Post

Its fine, I got your email. Did you get mine?

Flag Post

The “Yeah i got it” meant that i got your email address, i did not get an email from you, just edited my last message with the “Yeah i got it” quote because i just realized. And i don’t really have the SolaSim6 beta. Try to resend your email, and what program or site do you use for your emails? yahoo, gmail or windows mail?

EDIT-I now got your email, now trying out the new features.
EDIT 2-Fail, fail fail fail fail…i downloaded the attached HTML file and went to the loading page, it was not loading, and what is this .unity file, is that a unity project, does it mean i have to download unity 3D first.

Flag Post

I use GMAIL and the brightnewworlds email addresses

Flag Post

The SolaSim you sent me was fine and never had any problems, theres a bit more lag than the last one but its torelable.
Also heres some suggestions about Particle Naming
1.Able to name your Sun
2.Auto-Naming, when a first planet forms it will be automatically name [Sun Name] A and the second one formed will be [Sun Name] B and when there are 4 planets(A,B,C and D) and C is destroyed, it automatically sorts it out.
Suggestions about trails
1.Automatically make trails when planets form
2.Able to shut off trails(sometimes i accidentally on it on particles, and it only goes down to 0.1)

Also, thanks for adding a reset button, its so tiring to exit and and open the HTML file to reset.Anyway, deleting it, waiting for the next beta i could test.

And, asking for permission to do a sneak peak video on SolaSim (when all the suggestions are added) And i wish i could make a trailer for SolaSim but i don’t have any music to work on(a good trailer needs music), well i think i gotta get some music.

Flag Post

you have my permission :)

Flag Post

Meh, no i cancel the sneak peak, because its some kinda a spoiler.
Also, i forgot some stuff about the SolaSim beta you gave me
1.The background is not very bluish, the only bluish thing is the grid.
2.In the Help tab in the lower right hand corner it says your playing 5.0.1

Also, i think you gotta set up something so that people will donate, maybe somebody generous and someone who has a job that pays well can come by this site.

Flag Post

Donations

That’s where people can donate, but no one has done it?

Flag Post

List of ideas for the HUD
1.Rings around the Suns to indicate the borders of the zones, if there were two suns, two rings one of each will be centered on each sun.
2.Spawning Plane, a plane where particles will spawn, only movable by arrows.
3.Links, links to donate, to my video tutorial, this discussion board, or whatever.

Flag Post

I have some pictures of my Goldilocks Planet, don’t post this on the first post, just for show.

Marked Version
\/\/\/\/\/

Flag Post

Oh wow i didn’t notice that was a moon :O

Flag Post

I have been benefiting with the velocity changer for some time and got the hang of it, i used the velocity changer to get a moon, when a particle was close, decreased it’s velocity, thingy captured…And i also used my skills as an engineer and pilot from KSP (Kerbal Space Program) to get planets into stable orbit, when i want to raise the lower part of the planets orbit, i wait until the planet goes into a high point and increase velocity. I used it on my Goldilocks planet. I also use it to deorbit unwanted planets. oh i forgot..i forgot to add a part in the tutorial teaching how to use the velocity changer, damn damn damn (banging my head). But they are pretty self explanatory..Also, hows SolaSim 6 coming up, everything going smoothly or stuff. And also, i think you really need to add the rings i mentioned in my suggestions for the HUD, im tired of just guessing what zone am i spawning particles in and keeping to change the Sun’s size(i been addicted to SolaSim 6-beta now, the bugs does not seem to bother me), sometimes i have to make the sun smaller, seems very, VERY unatural. Also does anybody know what speed do i need to stay on the freezing zone, a solar system is not a perfect solar system without a gas giant(well, kinda).

I also restarted and built from scratch to make this.

Also, the beta was sent to me, and there was a new, awesomer, and easier way to spawn particles, you could spawn particles going in POLAR ORBIT! but im not going tell you guys now because it would be a spoiler. Its so awesome!

Flag Post

the reason why im back is the asteroid belt u should of add that and i been playing celestia and been checking on 2 games that is my favorite solasim 6 and godspace galatic beta and i notice the the screen for the game changed

Edit: i gotta get off the iv letter and use i more

Flag Post

and like the picture with the moon

Flag Post

I just discovered that my settings is REALLY flawed, i could only create planets within the Goldilocks zone and nearer, im currently fixing it, and its your chance to give the next best settings! this is your chance people(i will give you a head start, i will watch Ryan’s(The Solar Gamer) Civilization: Gods and Kings Series first, so damned awesome, last series he just nuked England, owned Persia and beat the game(Scientific Victory).)

@fornia I kinda checked out Godspace Galactic Beta and its not bad, it looks kinda “beta-ish” and much like the fist Solasim(i did not like the first solasim..no fullscreen..i still have nightmares about the fullscreen-less past games(quote by .rM sbarK except the "fullscreen-less past games part of the quote, anyone who could decipher the name .rM sbarK will be the awesomest person in the world)). also unfortunately i could not post my comment, mostly about the music from Kerbal Space Program.

I also set my mind about how time travel would work if it existed(i believe not because time doesn’t exist, its just a thingy created by mankind to organize things), it almost blew up my head, and even a guy which can understand a really hard-to-understand plot will strain under the pressure, could not post here, could take up the whole page.

Also guys, theres a 60% chance that i might make my FIRST VIDEO WITH COMMENTARY! If i did the video with commentary i would replace today’s SolaSim tutorial with a better one.

Flag Post

@fornia Thanks for the shout out, I love celestia too. I spent many hours back in the day playing around with it :)

SolaSim is a great solar system creator/simulator, with beautiful particle physics and great scripting! I’ve been a fan since SolaSim 5, which I found a week or so after starting my own space sim, but the physics fidelity of it has mine beat by a long shot (for now :P). Something I’d personally like to see is life taking a larger role in this.

Flag Post

@TheMasonX hehe LIfe is where Godspace trumps SolaSim, life is supposed to be used to fend off aliens from stealing resources, but so far i haven’t made the aliens so….And as for Celestia I AGREE FULLY, it was a great “toy” to play around with, I always loved traveling at light speed ^^,

Flag Post

Well this is an unexpected jump of activity, wow….Anyway i am checking Celestia now, what is it anyway. Anyway, the beta you sent me does not seem to have any problems, but everything you desired to add works fine and the…okay now i have been playing it right now and there was some kind of bug, i kept spawning particles! IT KNOCKED AWAY MY ALL GREEN ZONE PLANET! GODDAMNIT! Anyway i kept spawning particles, everytime, i doubt its the game itself where the bug is from, maybe unity.

Also, i will reveal the curtain covering the awesome addon that has been added to the beta, the sphere shaped grid where you can spawn stuff(i mean particles)!

(Click To Enlarge, i know a way to enlarge pictures when clicked, i just simply replace the FIRST URL of the HTML Code with the URL of the larger version of the picture, you can also edit what comes up when hovered over by the mouse by
title=“[Your Text Here]” alt="" this will change what text will come up if you hover your mouse over the picture, my picture is from imgur, so it must say “Hosted by Imgur” but i replaced it with “Picture too small? Click me to enlarge!”)

Also, we could make a teamspeak server to chat about stuff, and other stuff, and other stuff, and whatever we wanna speak about, but i wont be there until i get a microphone. Also, i heard teamspeak has a file transfer, that might be helpful.

Flag Post

HEHEH wow i love the new round grid <3 ! sooo much freedom

Flag Post

o_o

have u been staying all night drinking coffee or 5 hour energy drinks or something like that and u have too long (example sentence) <- this

and whats this solar gamer, sounds like a intresting game

Flag Post
Originally posted by BrightNewWorlds:

@TheMasonX hehe LIfe is where Godspace trumps SolaSim, life is supposed to be used to fend off aliens from stealing resources, but so far i haven’t made the aliens so….And as for Celestia I AGREE FULLY, it was a great “toy” to play around with, I always loved traveling at light speed ^^,

or faster, light isnt that fast when it comes to galaxy scale,blackholes are just unknown

Flag Post

Solar Gamer is not a game, hes a youtuber, he has some awesome Civilization Gods and Kings series.
Links
The video im currently watching-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q894cZked8
This is the series where Ryan(The Solar Gamer) plays as Rome, this video is the aftermath of the invasion of Carthage.

Its 7:20 here in New York, VERY HIGH ACTIVITY NOW! i think we should make our own chat channel, the SolaSim chat channel! we could chat while playing SolaSim, or even playing other games! PLEASE I find my idea awesome!

THIS IS ALSO THE 100’th POST OF THIS DISCUSSION!!!