SolaSim (THE Solar system sandbox) page 8

204 posts

Flag Post

why isnt my animated picture not working!!

Flag Post

Wait, we can save solar system by copying a code! Press save, it shows the code of solar system and copy to clipboard! Saving function should really help me because I’m making a complete solar system but I just can’t save it!

Flag Post

Yes i am trying to implement a save but its hard to save a bid file on a web game, and I don’t know, i have never tryed making moving photo’s

Flag Post

its weird iv been creating pages i think 6,7 and 8

Flag Post

hahah pretty cool ;)

Flag Post

I think that rings should form when moon crashes into gas giant. Not just when entering the blue (cold) zone.

Flag Post

I made gas giant with 6 planets! My new mission – make binary planet (Two planets orbiting each other) and a moon in orbit! I know how to do it…

Flag Post

no comment? im back!………not so much i may be like online once a month or a week

Flag Post

just make sure to make the game more better!

Flag Post

errr its been like 3 months since a coment

Flag Post

Hehehe Sorry I have been busy working at college, I’m actually almost done now, I just have to complete my finals and then I’ll be free to work on SolaSim :D I can’t wait :D

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

lol first time a post of mine got removed

Flag Post

Really cool!

Flag Post

hahaha What did it say :P

Flag Post

somthing about this is a dead forum because no one been posting to the topic

Flag Post

nov 25…..no comment….sad

Flag Post

I miss this game, a picture in Imgur reminded me of it. Sadly this is now dead. I had bookmarked this for like…1 year?

WE NEED SOMEBODY WHO WAS FROM [Insert Game Developer Company Here] TO CONTINUE THE WORK!

Admins/Moderators, if you are getting harassed by “Sadly this is now dead”, please edit the post and remove it.

Flag Post

Sorry guys things are getting more and more complicated :( It’s hard to still do any game development. The company is called BrightNewWorlds

However my holidays start from the 15th for college, so that means i will have some time to do a few things between work hours.

If you guys can give me the top few things you would like to have done, i will try do as much as them this holiday.

Flag Post

a lower gravitational effect or a larger sandbox would be cool. cant get enough planets with large moon systems with out the interplay between two tugging to much and trowing planets. 1 ice giant, 2 gas giant, 3 earths, and one fire ball. 5 of these with moon systems with the outer three being the most complex. just wish i had more room to work with. LOVE THE GAME!

Flag Post

I couldn’t agree any more darth. But i think that a bigger sandbox does make it harder for new comers to make planetary systems. How about i put the size of the Sandbox on a slider so that you can chose how big you want it? :D I was also thinking of letting people choose between the flat grid and the sphere grid as many people seem to have preferred it (I think its easier for them to make a planet that way)?

Thanks darth. Good to hear you love it, :D it kind of gives me new energy to develop SolaSim!

Flag Post

your right it would to new player, so the slider sound like a beautiful idea. the second option just seems to be based on taste. i love the sphere but i see how the grid is useful as well. would it be possible to implement a proto-planetary disc in to the spawning options for the sphere? for those like myself who just enjoy watching the chaos of formation unfold?
fyi the only reason these games make up 80% of my kongregate play time is because of how much better this is then USb and any other sandbox sim for gravity. kudos. epic game

Flag Post

Wow Thanks man :D

When you say proto-planetary disc do you mean a “spawning grid or sphere” that creates planets? Also i was thinking of moving the sphere (or square) grid to the selected object, e.g. if the player selects the sun then the grid is around the sun, but if the player selects a planet then the grid is around the planet. I think that will make it easier to make moons :D

Flag Post

Yes, more likely on just a grid if its just a only-click full proto spawner where the click is the outer edge or something. It would probably be easier with the sphere grid being the outer edge and spawning particles on a disc inside. Similar to the “random point inside grid” but only along the solar equator +/- 10 degrees. (if you can? i love the game now, and have no idea how busy you are nor how complicated it is to implement this) And im sure you have you own ideas of what you can do and what works best. Sometimes i just like to flood the sphere and just watch how my system plays out. But with the proto disc there is a much greater likelihood of collision and of planets forming w/ moons and with different stable orbits and it really starts to look like a solar system for newbies, including the fact that its all flat.
:O That would fantastic! Moons are a PAIN to get in even semi stable orbit and its up to the RNG to decide each ones fate.

Flag Post

back from the dust!…no updates?