So Many Haters...

27 posts

Flag Post

I know I’m liable to get flamed to the extreme for this but, there are just too many fascist haters of the PS3. Now, not to point any fingers but most are 360 owners. Whenever I mention Playstation or anything that even sounds like it in the chatrooms, [many] people go straight to ‘OmG tHaT pApEr WeIgHt Is 600 dOlLaRs Of WoRtHlEsS cArp’. I mean, I haven’t even said ‘360 stinks’, which (mind you) it doesn’t and I will never say that. Its getting really annoying.

Perhaps some PS3 owners have been doing that to 360’rs, in which case, I’m sorry. I just don’t think Sony deserves that kind of disrespect. Sony may have done some pretty retarded things with the console (eg: original price, HD cable sold seperately, etc.) but it got better; not only is PSN (PlayStation Network, Sony equivalent of LIVE) free, but the 60gig system costs much less.

Game-wise, 360 has been doing much better then PS3. But performance and capabilities-wise, they are pretty evenly matched. Some could even argue that PS3 is better (which is my personal opinion, lol) which shows up in TES: IV: Oblivion, the PS version supports a much prettier natural lighting system, faster loading and on-average better graphics. There was even a compilation of Youtube vids, ‘360 is The Now, PS3 is The Future’, look it up.

Flag Post

Wow, that sounds harsh. It’s true that the PS3 cost more, but it is more advanced than 360. This is just a case of a system being mocked because of it’s price. I personally feel your pain on this issue. Stick in there!

BTW: if they said anything seriously offensive, try to get a screenshot of it to give to Moderators. They’re there to stop things like that.

Flag Post

PS3, is simply a more powerful machine. It’s also basicly a home entertainment center. Not to mention it has like a 0.2% chance of breaking compared to the 360’s 40%. The 360 can’t even play HDdvd’s without buying the thing for it. And it has no wireless capabilities to your wireless router. Gotta buy a connecter for your 360, by the time your buy all the things for the 360 that the PS3 already has it will cost more then a PS3. Plus the PS3 has more memory.

Flag Post

I think its more an issue that currently there is no real legitimate reason to buy a Ps3. Face it – gaming systems are used primarily for games. No matter what extra features it has, at least 50% of the audience won’t be paying attention to them. At the current time, there is no PS3 game out there that justifies the purchase of the system, and its library is relatively lackluster. The 360 has a much more robust library, and Halo 3, which is a big draw for many.

I don’t own either system, though I have easy access to both (College has a “gaming lab” with free access to a variety of titles for both systems and the systems available for student use). The 360 has plenty of games that can be appealing to all sorts of gamers. The PS3 has… heavenly sword?

There’s nothing wrong with owning either system, regardless of what “haters” on either side think. Personally, I think that the PS3 doesn’t have enough out there yet to justify the purchase, but that’s likely to change in the future.

Flag Post

I’ll admit from what I’ve seen of the PS3 its more advanced than the 360, however, in my opinion it isnt that much of an advancement/diffrence to justify the price. Besides I don’t have a television that supports the HD or new graphics of either system so I’ve looked at the games and the price. Which is what I think gets the buyer in the end

@TehLegend: As for the memory, I bought the 120GB Hardrive and now have a 20GB Memory Card =P I’ve also happened to get one of the first 360’s to come off the shelf and have never gotten it fixed or haven’t had the red light problem. Call me lucky but my 360 is the cats meow.

Flag Post

PS3 = not a console, an entire home theater.

Flag Post

I’m a PS guy all the way, and partly Nintendo too. But honestly, a lot of the reason why I won’t be buying a PS3 anytime soon, is because of its lack of compability with old games, from what I’ve heard. Plus, as people have pointed out, I want to buy a console to play games. Not to play movies or do anything else with it, just play games. I can buy a DVD player if I want to see movies.

And something that will make you even happier, Duveroux. I wouldn’t say Xbox 360 stinks, but it’s close IMO. I have seen it being shown off, before it was officially released onto the market, but in playable condition, at my university. What I saw was not impressive. Basically 3 guys who might’ve been from Microsoft (but it’s been quite a while so I’m not sure), who wanted to demonstrate the Xbox. Having just purchased 2 brand new games in the store, $ 100 each, and what do they get? Error upon error, and no matter what they do, they just can’t get it to play the games, the Xbox refuses to recognize them as games. That experience put me off getting the Xbox for good.

So yeah, I think I’m just going to stick with buying a PS2 at some time, and that’s that. Not everything new is for the better.

Flag Post

>Now, not to point any fingers but most are 360 owners.

no offense, but duh? If you hate PS3 you’re either a 360 gamer or a PC gamer. And there are way, way, way more 360 gamers than there are PC gamers (traditional boxed games at least).

So saying that most PS3 haters have a 360 is about as meaningful as saying most Ford haters drive a Chevy, or most Pepsi haters drink Coke. They don’t hate PS3 because they own a 360, they bought a 360 because they don’t like the PS3.

And since you seem to care, I did recently replace my PS2 with a 360. I didn’t compare processing power, features, history, capabilities or anything. I looked at what my friends were using to game, and since I like to game with them, I got the same system they did. I looked at the games I wanted to play (I tend to like driving and casual stuff) and they were mostly on the 360. I was also on a budget, and at that point you got way more bang for your buck with a 360.

I don’t hate Sony, but I do feel a bit sorry for them. They underestimated user loyalty, underestimated the value of a persistent online reward system, and overestimated the importance of their graphics capability. They built a good console, but so far, they didn’t build the console that most people want to own.

~Ben

Flag Post

Oops, that should have been ‘overestimated’ user loyalty. They hoped the insanely huge masses of PS2 owners would want to get a PS3, but console gamers turned out to be more fickle than that.

Flag Post

SIX HUNDRED UNITED STATES DOLLARS

Flag Post

It has dropped to $399.99

Flag Post

i agree that the playstation 3 is reaching a climactic scale in price, but its sheer inteligence, and the memories we all had on the ps3 has a greater ethos than the XBox 360, and one thing for certain is that the playstation is a mojor competitor in the market, and rivals are petrified of it. maybe thats the case…. but i also agree that it shouldnt be knocked. both consols have done well, and there shouldnt be hate towards sony. LUCKILY YOU NEVER PUT NINTENDO INTO THE EQUATIONTHAT WOULD HAVE PUTTEN A COG IN THE WORKSLOL

Flag Post

FOUR HUNDRED UNITED STATES DOLLARS AND ABSOLUTELY NO BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY

Flag Post

It’s spanner, Andy, put a spanner in the works. There are supposed to be cogs in the works.

Flag Post

Umm, i don’t know what your talking about no backwards compatability. I have at least 20 PS2 games and they all work on my PS3

Flag Post

The PS3 may suck for now but it may become champion again. The launch games aren’t good but with Ratchet & Clank, MGS4, and every RPG nerd fan favorite series, Final Fantasy series, it may win. But hey, who knows?

Flag Post

Stop talking with your words, and more talking with your moolah. ^^

Flag Post

Hey,this talk reminds me of The Console Wars discussed by the almighty Zero Punctuation. (Explict.)

Which reminds me that some guy said that The Wii is the next Atari because people are buying it for just keeping it,and not using it.

The PS3’s basically taking its scroll down memory lane now, but what of it? Everyone seems to judge it from this very minute, but don’t forget: R&C, MGS4, FF13 – 15 or something, and GOW 3 (They announced it exclusive.) are coming for it soon enough!

Of course, let’s not forget that there’s the Sony keeps making different PS3’s, and that it’s basically like the iPods :P. (No mentioning about iPods.)

Flag Post

The Wii is pretty awesome. Just too much crap by other publishers.

Atari 2600 is “awesome”. E.T. is the “hit smash” and everybody will like it. Even these Atari Advertizements are awesome.

Flag Post

I always thought of of the current consoles as: If they were people the PS3 would own a Limo, the 360 would own a pickup truck, and the Wii would be own a minivan. The PS3 is the classier gaming system, damn pricey, and the owners are usually snobs. The 360 is more of the average joe gaming system, reasonable priced, but will break down sometimes. The Wii is the family system and cheap as hell, but people will make fun of you for having one.

All systems have their advantages and disadvantages. Price, equipment failure, not being taken as a “serious” gamer for having one. Here’s what I know. The PS3 and the 360 are the same thing with only minor differences. That’s why I bought a Wii. And will get a 360 in the very near future only because you can get a used one gamestop haha. Only a chump would shell out $600 for a video game system.

Flag Post

Err… the PS3 will get better eventually? Noo, that time is already over now that the Wii got its second good game (Twillight Princess, now SMG)~

(Also the only console I have is a N64; go Mischief Makers)

Flag Post

“Umm, i don’t know what your talking about no backwards compatability. I have at least 20 PS2 games and they all work on my PS3”

Then you don’t have a four hundred dollar model, which is what was being discussed. Learn to read.

Flag Post

Maybe it is mostly Xbox owners
But the only reason these two groups feel the need to fight is that they are both getting their asses kicked by the Wii
Which outsells the Xbox 360 by 4 to 1 and the ps3 by 6 to 1
Just thought i would rub that in

Flag Post

For me, it’s not about the better graphics on the PS3 – I’m sure they are better or will be eventually. What I like about the 360 is achievement points and xbox live. If the PS3 had achievement points I would have thought about getting one instead. But I think now I’ll be a xbox owner for life to keep my profile. Probably sounds stupid but I like having a perm record of all the games I’ve played and the things I’ve done in them.

Flag Post

“Maybe it is mostly Xbox owners But the only reason these two groups feel the need to fight is that they are both getting their asses kicked by the Wii Which outsells the Xbox 360 by 4 to 1 and the ps3 by 6 to 1 Just thought i would rub that in”

Have fun with your minigame collections

Meanwhile, I’ll be playing some real games on a real console :)