The Black Ops 2 Zombies Megathread

17 posts

Flag Post

Hey there, gamers!

You like killing zombies, don’t you? You like shooting them in the face and watching their head explode as their body falls to the ground. Yeah, me too. :D

Personally, I’m a huge zombie-killing fanatic, and so now pretty much whenever I play Xbox, I’m playing BO2 Zombies.

Sooo, let’s share some tips!
If you post, start with your zombie rank and post your favorite maps and strategies.

Here’s a list of the ranks, for those of you who don’t know:

I just got the Skull with the Knife a couple hours ago, actually! I’m going for the shotguns, so I usually play Survival on Farm or Town. I get Jugger Nog, the MP5, and then I save for the Galva Knuckles. I try to get no downs and to get mostly headshots. I use the galva knuckles until round 14 though, for the most part. Then I try to get the Galil, Hamr, or Mtar.

If you play Zombies on the 360, add me. :3 My gamertag is ZombVies.

Flag Post

I dislike the ranking system just because you have to play everyday to keep your rank. Maybe if it were more competitive it could merit a system like that, but blargh.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MossyStump:

I dislike the ranking system just because you have to play everyday to keep your rank. Maybe if it were more competitive it could merit a system like that, but blargh.

Not necessarily. Most players do not consider the tally marks or blue eyes as a rank, the blue eyes simply mean you play everyday, while your “Rank” or “Level” (as stated by the Call of Duty error messages) stays the same (e.g. Skull with the Knife) unless you perform poorly during multiple Zombie games.

I personally only bought Black Ops II for the Zombies. I absolutely love Zombies, and can’t get enough of it, it’s just so…fun.

My current rank is the Skull with the Knife (Blue Eyes) and it has been for quite a while, I’ve been trying for the shotguns for a couple of weeks doing the best I can bit I haven’t had any luck. Currently I am playing Die Rise non-stop, my 4-Player strategy is for each player to gather 750 points each, and open the necessary doors for the Trample Stream and it’s parts, and then build the Trample Steam itself. Than, we gather points using our pistols, or purchased PDW or B23R until the “Minions” or Nova Crawlers, as I like to call them, and use our Trample Steam to obtain a free perk.

We then head down to the AN-94, work our way to the power, activate it, and begin purchasing perks, weapons and preparing for the higher rounds and stronger Nova Crawlers. We station ourselves below the Radio Tower right next to the NavCard Table.

If you’d like to play some time my gamertag is Teenage Soldier.

Flag Post

my opinion?
the two ranks needed are:
useful
guy who dies first!

Flag Post
Originally posted by robstar14:

my opinion?
the two ranks needed are:
useful
guy who dies first!

I disagree, instead of creating creating more ranks for useful and useless players there should be some sort of player review system or tagging system. This system would allow you to tag some as “Quitting Early”, “Unsupportive” or the opposite: “Helpful”, “Team Player” and so on — a system that somewhat mimics Xbox LIVE Player Review.

Of course many players would abuse the system (as expected), either because they were not revived in an impossible situation or they’re…well, an asshole. There’s always a downside to any implementation of a feature.

Flag Post

It’s kind of restricting that you have to play everyday but I do have fun with the zombies part. One of the main reasons we have this game at home. :)

Flag Post

Zombies. Makes survival modes more exciting.

Flag Post

I have been looking into getting black ops 2, purely for the zombies as after MW2 all hopes of the series being good vanished.

Is it worth it just for the zombies, or should i wait for a sale or the such?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Snipe27:

I have been looking into getting black ops 2, purely for the zombies as after MW2 all hopes of the series being good vanished.

The Zombies mode is incredible, but paying $60 for game only for the Zombies isn’t usually a smart decision (although it’s a decision I made). If you’ve got the money to spare and you would love to have 500+ hours of fun, then yes go right ahead and purchase the game, the Zombies will definitely satisfy your blood-craving and head-smashing needs.

And if you want some more Zombies and cool new weapons and features go ahead and purchase the Season Pass to get access to Die Rise and future Zombie Maps and possible more Zombie modes.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Snipe27:

Honestly, I pre-ordered Black Ops 2 purely for the Zombies. xD
I played through the campaign, prestiged once in multiplayer, and haven’t really played anything but Zombies since.

I’m now the knife+skull rank with blue eyes and trying to get the shotguns too.

Flag Post

Well, I just set a new personal record on Die Rise. Round 58 with ~3500 kills, using the Ray Gun and Sliquifier in the Food Court area. Now I’m trying for a new TranZit record.

[By the way, I’m always looking for more Zombie players to play with so if you have an Xbox 360 and want to play add me and send me a message.]

Flag Post

Sure, I’ll definitely add you!

Flag Post
Originally posted by VforVendetta:

Sure, I’ll definitely add you!

Just accepted your friend request, I’m ready for Zombies gameplay anytime.

Flag Post

I thought it would help if I posted the patch notes for the Feb 19th, 2013 update. I will only include the Zombies related notes.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II – Zombies Patch Notes: Feb. 19th, 2013

• Addressed an issue where the players could not access the in game store.
• Addressed a long black screen issue while players watch the Intro Zombies movie when loading System Link / LAN Party games.
• Players will no longer be seen clipping into the concrete when sliding from the Green to Orange building in Theater Mode on Die Rise.
• Fixed an issue in Zombies Theater Mode where the Who’s Who swirly vision can be seen for players who are not in the mode when switching from players who are.
• Addressed an issue for Split Screen users on Turned Diner in Theater Mode where the eye glow was missing from zombies when viewed in third person and jumping to start.
• Disappearing fog addressed in Theater Mode when flying through the laboratory in Tranzit.
• Fixed a spawn issue for players in Die Rise that spawn on top of the escape pod after a host migration in a 2+ player game.
• Players will no longer be given momentary control of a character before being put into spectator mode when Hot Joining a Custom Game on Nuketown.
• Addressed an issue where players had in-game functionality during the loading countdown timer on Tranzit if a Host Migration occurred during the first 5 seconds of a game.
• Player names will now appear above players when in spectate mode upon hot joining a custom Grief game mode.
• Fixed an issue where Zombies were not spawning in after a Host Migration in a Bus Depot standard match.
• Addressed issue where Sliquifier would create too many slippery spots.
• Addressed an issue in Turned where Zombie vision would disappear after several host migrations occurred.
• Addressed an issue where the players controller would vibrate for a long duration after the player hot joined a game of Tranzit
• Resolved several instances in Die Rise where players could jump above a barricades and avoid Zombie attacks.
• Resolved several instances in Die Rise where players could hide in objects in the world and avoid Zombie attacks.
• Addressed several locations where players can survive a landing in unplayable space.
• Fixed an issue in Die Rise where Zombies could not path to players depending on Tramplesteam positioning
• Fixed an issue where users could not play the game in offline mode.
• Players will now hear announcer dialogue in the Turned game mode.
• Addressed an issue where players are able to start a game of turned with only one player.
• Resolved several instances where players could avoid Zombie attacks by hiding in objects around Tranzit
• Addressed an issue with taking screenshots in Theater mode
• Addressed issues with the Buildables system
• Addressed issues where players would say the wrong dialogue
• Addressed several issues in Die Rise where Zombies had trouble pathing to players.
• Addressed an issue where players could jump out of the playable space in Die Rise.

Flag Post

Ah thanks, Congress!
I actually didn’t even know there was an update.

Also, I got the Shotguns rank yesterday. :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by VforVendetta:

Also, I got the Shotguns rank yesterday. :D

:o What?! I’ve been trying for months now! Well, congratulations on the Rank Up!

I might have to make a new account in order to get the Shotguns rank because my downs are increasing rapidly thanks to Die Rise, I average about 10 downs a day playing the map while on TranZit I average 1-2 downs a day.

EDIT: Yup, made a new account: Sir Freakalope

Flag Post

That’s what I had to do. :P
Try to get and maintain a k/d of 200.