Gaming logic: The fun with it.

44 posts

Flag Post

First you may ask, what is gaming logic? Gaming logic is something that can only make sense in a video game, and most of the time these turn out to be entertaining to see being used over and over again. Out of curiosity, what are some gaming logic scenarios you can remember?

As an example, there are a few RPG’s out there that have you alternate between characters at some story related parts (Say for example Final Fantasy 13.) now during these, you keep any and all items you acquired from Group A to Group B even if they never met at that point. This is what i mean by gaming logic.

Flag Post

GTA: When your car flips over it catches on fire and explodes.

Flag Post

I’m an RPG character! I can survive falls from infinite heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeight.

Flag Post

Mario: Eating a mushroom causing massive growth…

Flag Post

Basically any first person shooter where you can take multiple shots to vital parts of your body and continue to run around as if nothing happened, that’s something that I’ve always had an issue with. Also respawning, real life doesn’t work that way.

Flag Post

Pong has absolutely no logic, that’s not how gravity works.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 123aaa789:

Basically any first person shooter where you can take multiple shots to vital parts of your body and continue to run around as if nothing happened, that’s something that I’ve always had an issue with. Also respawning, real life doesn’t work that way.

That and how knives kill you in one hit, able to carry large amounts of firearms and ammunition and how wepons do not jam or fail.

Unless you are playing the Fallout or GOW series. Infact are their any other games where weapons jam/fail?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fishyninjabread:

That and how knives kill you in one hit, able to carry large amounts of firearms and ammunition and how wepons do not jam or fail.

Unless you are playing the Fallout or GOW series. Infact are their any other games where weapons jam/fail?

Far Cry 2 has gun jams.

Flag Post
Originally posted by PlatypusMan:

Far Cry 2 has gun jams.

Slightly ashamed to say I have not played the Farcry Series

Flag Post

basically everything ikd lol

Flag Post

The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series of games.

Flag Post

Self explanatory.

Flag Post
Originally posted by lei_wulong:

Not heard of them, shall look them up

The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series of games.

Flag Post
Originally posted by PlatypusMan:

Far Cry 2 has gun jams.

Slightly ashamed to say I have not played the Farcry Series

The best time to start is now on Far Cry 3. No prior Far Cry experience needed.

Flag Post

Most games, especially some from Nintendo = Screw Logic.

Flag Post

All shooters: All the hp system. Just take loads of shots before dying, don’t get wounded.

Flag Post

This is a biggy… Double jumping

Flag Post

How the hell can Sonic survive without a space suit in the vacuum of outer space, but he can’t breathe underwater?

Flag Post

Dragonborn can survive blasts of dragon breath. Dies after 5 foot jump.

Flag Post

Things drop money when you destroy them.
Buying health, speed, accuracy or some other physical stat.
You need to kill all underlings before being able to talk to the boss.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Redd500:

How the hell can Sonic survive without a space suit in the vacuum of outer space, but he can’t breathe underwater?

Flag Post

Thought of another!

Fast travel in open-world/sandbox games.

Flag Post

Inventory and being able to carry so much. Whether it’s guns, equipment or the skulls of your enemies, you can always carry way too much in video games with very little exception. Even games that attempt to limit it can still be pretty ridiculous, but I love a big inventory. I love a game with a little junk in its trunk!

Flag Post

Yeah, that inventory thing really does make some games extremely unrealistic, though it’s necessary for some games, like MineCraft. I can’t imagine that game without an inventory like it has, since each block is a cubic metre. If it was realistic, you’d be able to carry a bucket, some fish, a sword, and that’s about it, not up to a few thousand cubic metres of dirt and stone.

Flag Post

Game logic: Playing games can ruin your life and waste it as well. I’m a pure gamer, but I’m only 13, but for all you guys in 30’s still playing on Kongregate, Newgrounds, Armor Games, etc have no life. That’s Game Logic.