Realization: Team Fortress 2

32 posts

Flag Post

If you get Team fortress 2, You should read this before you Leave the f2p zone.

Team Fortress 2.
One of the very cool games on the net owned by steam. Even though this is one of the main games that is cool its Not great. Nor will it ever be. I don’t see it as a good nor bad thing, but it is neutral. The making of this game is great. Its schematics is one of the craziest things I have ever seen.

However. The reason why Tf2 is terrible game. It is because of it’s economy.

Its economy is one example of a fail. Once you Leave F2P Your doomed for life. Your just wasting money you could of saved for your date in Junior high or High school. Its not worth wasting $2.15 a day for a key to get a strange that is worth $0.01 IRL.
To put it Straight forward. Waste $30 bucks on Minecraft. In Minecraft You can make anything, Do anything Even take drugs with out people catching you. its better than Tf2. Summery: Every Damn game > Team fortress 2

So here’s the reason why. The weapons and hat statuses:
Unusual: Bullshit. Worth loads but it doesnt make you happy.
Strange: Tracks kills! Great but its just kills. nothing else
Genuine: Nothing. Just a title.
Unique: Normal weapons and hats. Nothing special
Everything else is junk.

I hate the Economy. It sucks dicks. Its just the game play and team work I’m into. Thats why I play.

If your getting tf2 Be warned. Don’t Go into the Economy. Stay F2P. Play for the FUN not the hats. The great Saxton is dead. Its because I finished him.

“When I play Tf2, I play for fun. Stay F2P my Friends.”

Flag Post

The game doesn’t suck because of the economy. You can still get the shit you want via finding stuff. I’ve had the game for about four days, got pyrovision goggles, ghastly gibus hat, lollichop, scotsmans skullcrusher, pomson shotgun, some kind of sniper that I’ve forgot the name of, a flamethrower I scrapped for metal, I’ve been finding an item a day, you can still ‘play for the hats’ without spending a penny.

EDIT: Seeing as the thread was bumped I’ll add some more points

When you buy something it’s still “free to play”, you don’t suddenly start paying to keep the game, the economy exists so that valve can afford to keep the game running, and also making them a profit from making it. You can waste $30 on minecraft, or blow $2.00 for a hat, it doesn’t matter, neither lets you do anything, on minecraft you can’t do ANYTHING, there are restrictions. You can’t hack the pentagon, just like you can’t break dirt in TF2, or you can’t use guns in FIFA. That point is wrong and proves nothing.

So you’re stupid.

Flag Post
Originally posted by darkbot:

If you get Team fortress 2, You should read this before you Leave the f2p zone.

Team Fortress 2.
One of the very cool games on the net owned by steam. Even though this is one of the main games that is cool its Not great. Nor will it ever be. I don’t see it as a good nor bad thing, but it is neutral. The making of this game is great. Its schematics is one of the craziest things I have ever seen.

However. The reason why Tf2 is terrible game. It is because of it’s economy.

Its economy is one example of a fail. Once you Leave F2P Your doomed for life. Your just wasting money you could of saved for your date in Junior high or High school. Its not worth wasting $2.15 a day for a key to get a strange that is worth $0.01 IRL.
To put it Straight forward. Waste $30 bucks on Minecraft. In Minecraft You can make anything, Do anything Even take drugs with out people catching you. its better than Tf2. Summery: Every Damn game > Team fortress 2

So here’s the reason why. The weapons and hat statuses:
Unusual: Bullshit. Worth loads but it doesnt make you happy.
Strange: Tracks kills! Great but its just kills. nothing else
Genuine: Nothing. Just a title.
Unique: Normal weapons and hats. Nothing special
Everything else is junk.

I hate the Economy. It sucks dicks. Its just the game play and team work I’m into. Thats why I play.

If your getting tf2 Be warned. Don’t Go into the Economy. Stay F2P. Play for the FUN not the hats. The great Saxton is dead. Its because I finished him.

“When I play Tf2, I play for fun. Stay F2P my Friends.”

ever play “backyard monsters?” 5$ for 500 shiny (sounds like a lot, but it translates to a single worker!)

Flag Post

TL;DR: this guy can’t accept capitalism on video games.

Flag Post

You have no idea how anything works. I would attempt to show you the dozens of holes in that “argument”, but if you actually typed it then i would be talking to a brick wall.

Flag Post

This guy doesn’t seem to realize you can get almost everything from fairly common drops or just trade scrapped drops for stuff, and the few things you can’t get from drops (IE strange stuff) is PURELY cosmetic and offers no advantage whatsoever, as well as also being available through trading.

Flag Post

I just re-read. You’re mad because it ISN’T Pay2Win? HOW MANY KINDS OF STUPID ARE YOU?!
EDIT: Also, buying ANYTHING immediately gives you premium, which lets you get more drops and hats.

Flag Post

I Understand, but here’s the reasons why your wrong and right.

Snipe: Yes I do, State your opinion its ok.
Darver: 4 days? Dude I’ve been on it for 5-10 months I’ve gotten way more. Also, It takes to long. By the time you get the most recent hat A new hat comes out and is way better.
Geen: after the recent update Hats went clean the diffrences between clean and dirty is that dirty hats are uncraftable. The drop system also is a son of a bitch. It will rarely drop any hats for you. I probably got only 1 or 2 hats that i sold or auctioned off. and the hats that drop are never rare, and the rest are weapons.

I understand all your points to an extent. Play tf2 get preim and wait. Do research on the updates, the hats, the drop system and events. Its more than a game. its a total diffrent thing i cant really explain.

Flag Post
Originally posted by darkbot:

I Understand, but here’s the reasons why your wrong and right.

Snipe: Yes I do, State your opinion its ok.
Darver: 4 days? Dude I’ve been on it for 5-10 months I’ve gotten way more. Also, It takes to long. By the time you get the most recent hat A new hat comes out and is way better.
Geen: after the recent update Hats went clean the diffrences between clean and dirty is that dirty hats are uncraftable. The drop system also is a son of a bitch. It will rarely drop any hats for you. I probably got only 1 or 2 hats that i sold or auctioned off. and the hats that drop are never rare, and the rest are weapons.

I understand all your points to an extent. Play tf2 get preim and wait. Do research on the updates, the hats, the drop system and events. Its more than a game. its a total diffrent thing i cant really explain.

Well then.

Imagine you have a fine steak. The steak is very very good.
However, you have the option of putting a sauce on this steak.
The reason its on the side, as opposed to being on the steak to begin with as that alot of people do not like the sauce.
Then comes along someone, who, despite not knowing if he would like the sauce or not, completly smothers the steak in it. Despite the steak being good to begin with, he dosent like the sauce.

Despite the sauce being optional and not needed, he chucks the steak out the window and declares it the worst meat hes ever had.
That is effectivly what you are going trough. The enconmy IS NOT NEEDED TO ENJOY THE GAME. Noones forcing you to buy keys, your doing it yourself. You do not know how humans get enjoyment out of things if you think that feeling acomplished is meaningless.

You are very inconsitent, starting off with TF2 being average, then calling it terrible, before finnaly saying it was average again.
Your post reeks of opinions, as what i am saying is mine.

To summarise, it seems you wasted money, got buyers remorse, and then made a rant to justify your buyers remorse.

As a side note, Steam does not own TF2, Valve does. Valve also owns Steam as well.

Flag Post

i dont like tf2 too because its way too overrated like LoL and is not all that.
butt i smell ur a minecraft fanboy lol

Flag Post

TF2 is an amazing game. It’s all about gambling, when entering the P2P zone.

Take, for example, the poker; you buy into the game, expecting to win a certain amount of money, perhaps even a tonne. Yet, how can you be sure, and I mean, really sure that you will win? It’s all a game.

Apply this to TF2 and you will realize that it, too, is just another game of poker, or blackjack, or whatever takes your fancy. Nobody is forced to pay for P2P, but it is there, should you wish to take a risk and go ahead. You may come out richer, you may come out poorer.

Bare this in mind, and you soon realize the economy is simply a game in and of itself.

Flag Post
Originally posted by laurasam1:

TF2 is an amazing game. It’s all about gambling, when entering the P2P zone.

Take, for example, the poker; you buy into the game, expecting to win a certain amount of money, perhaps even a tonne. Yet, how can you be sure, and I mean, really sure that you will win? It’s all a game.

Apply this to TF2 and you will realize that it, too, is just another game of poker, or blackjack, or whatever takes your fancy. Nobody is forced to pay for P2P, but it is there, should you wish to take a risk and go ahead. You may come out richer, you may come out poorer.

Bare this in mind, and you soon realize the economy is simply a game in and of itself.

What is with people on these forums and not providing any evidence? With closing on 800 hours, all of P2P, i can safely say that the enconmy is a gamble to stupid people. If you actually dig in, you see it is not.

Flag Post

Sounds like someone’s butthurt because they can’t manage their finances. Don’t blame the game, blame yourself.

Flag Post

summary: get counter strike source

Flag Post

dont get team fortress 2 or minecraft they are like heroin for nerds

get real heroin, or make krokodil in your basement

Flag Post

the problem with tf2 is that it isnt very skill based. characters are slow, killing is slow, medics and engineers make everything even slower, random damage, bullet spread and crits make fights luck based, and they made it so teamwork is way to important which is kind of expected of course. if you have a problem with wasting to much money for useless stuff than you should probably just blame yourself and not the game.

Flag Post

Burthurtness, you don’t know how it works.

Flag Post
Originally posted by UNRIVALEDUDE52:

the problem with tf2 is that it isnt very skill based. characters are slow, killing is slow, medics and engineers make everything even slower, random damage, bullet spread and crits make fights luck based, and they made it so teamwork is way to important which is kind of expected of course. if you have a problem with wasting to much money for useless stuff than you should probably just blame yourself and not the game.

Tf2 isnt skill based…

Most pubs contain heavy amounts of luck. However, there are servers that disable crits/bulletspread/rngdamge. Those are much more fun. It seems you are more used to DM shooters, in which case i can see why you would think tf2 is more slower. It is indeed slower, but not in a bad way. It demands thought and strategy to perform well. If you watch a couple commented competive games, you will see that competive tf2 is very much better then pub tf2.

Flag Post

tf2 is skill based along with just about every other game. it still doesnt require much though considering everything has gigantic splash and your enemies move at the rate a elephant matures

finding good servers without randomness is difficult and only serves to make the game more of a failure. thought and strategy can be found on any fps although tf2 is on the lower end. competitive tf2 strategies are not impressive when you consider how much time they are given. tf2 is garbage

Flag Post

tf2 is skill based along with just about every other game. it still doesnt require much though considering everything has gigantic splash and your enemies move at the rate a elephant matures

finding good servers without randomness is difficult and only serves to make the game more of a failure. thought and strategy can be found on any fps although tf2 is on the lower end. competitive tf2 strategies are not impressive when you consider how much time they are given. tf2 is garbage

Clearyly, by saying what you said again and giving no counters to my points, you have won this argument. Bravo good sir.

Flag Post

Its not worth wasting $2.15 a day for a key to get a strange that is worth $0.01 IRL.

Keys aren’t the choice of most traders, they’re mostly just used by people who really trust their luck, or they record their reactions. Or well, unless there’s a new/special crate, which won’t give crappy stranges(Like the EERIE CRATES) if one of those are released, everyone wants a key. And there’s always the possibility of an unusual. Which goes for tons, around 30-200 bucks last time I checked.

Waste $30 bucks on Minecraft. In Minecraft You can make anything, Do anything

I’m too lazy to dig up my argument about how you simply can’t compare games of different Genres, so I’ll just give a quick summary

Minecraft is a Sandbox game. While it is more catered towards kids, to let them use their creativity, it can be used by adults as well, but then again, adults would prefer sandbox games like GTA, which you can get hookers, kill peeps and shit, rather than minecraft. Don’t get me wrong, I love minecraft, been playing it for quite a while, and get a few hours on it everyday.

Team Fortress 2, on the other hand, is a FPS. More importantly, it’s F2P. And the economy is one of the reasons, it is quite popular. If people wanna play actual FPS games, they’d choose games that have a cost, because most games that have a price, don’t have premium content, or an economy(for the most part, there is shit like Diablo 3’s auction house, and COD’s Bajillion DLC’s). TF2 is just this: Spend 50 cents, idle around, get money. I’ve literally just spent 50 cents to get premium, and use Ref and Keys to buy more steam games.(My most recent purchase was a few minutes a go, got DLC Quest for a key)

But even as a game, TF2 is quite cool, if you hate Unusuals, Stranges, Geniune and hats, Don’t use em. Delete them, donate them, do whatever you want. Just don’t complain about getting free shit, it’s not valve’s or anybody’s fault for you wanting to collect shit.

One thing for darkbot tho, YOU’RE IS A WAY OF SAYINGYOU ARE” it’s suppose to be “YOU ARE JUST WASTING MONEY”. Also, Here’s an excellent video by the Idea Channel

Also, I like how you say spending money on the game is a waste, when most people don’t even spend money. Just look at me, I happily spent 50 cents, and got games and items for around 20 bucks, in just a month.

Sounds like someone’s butthurt because they can’t manage their finances. Don’t blame the game, blame yourself.

This.

summary: get counter strike source

Eh, while CS:S Is a great games, it doesn’t have classes like TF2. The Class system is one of the most enjoyable features, as it allows for tactics, strategies and teamwork. In CS:S While there are tactics and teamwork, most peeps can easily just go and headshot a whole team with an AK/M4. Given that they have the skill tho.

dont get team fortress 2 or minecraft they are like heroin for nerds

I prefer nerd heroin. :3 Come to the nerd side, we have knowledge :3

the problem with tf2 is that it isnt very skill based. characters are slow, killing is slow, medics and engineers make everything even slower, random damage, bullet spread and crits make fights luck based

This is what new FPS Players like in TF2, and what “Veteran” FPS Players don’t. They’re too addicted to their 360 noscopes, that they can’t work with their team for crap. Every time I’ve played on a public server, there’s usually peeps wanting to be snipers, or scouts. Since both the classes have guns that aren’t super special.(Sniper, SMG, Pistol, Shotgun)

Of course, it isn’t very skill based, it’s more focused on tactics. If you have the right gear, you can easily take down a few enemies, or capture a point, or protect a friend capturing a flag..etc.

“Characters are slow” “Killing is slow”

Nope, the only slow character is Heavy. Which is understandable considering the amount of damage and health it has.
And as far as killing goes, it isn’t slow either. Scout – 3-4 close shots with shotgun can kill most classes. Soldier – A direct hit is enough to kill most classes, it can easily take out a heavy with 2 rockets. Pyro – Flare gun/Detonator + Axtinguisher + Flame Thrower + Skill = kill any class with just a few hits taken. This can go on and on. Medics aren’t for combat, a medic should retreat if there’s no teammates nearby. And Engineers aren’t for combat either, the only class they can actually kill are spies, their Teleporters and Despensers are excellent support tho. And the Sentry can do a high amount of damage.

it still doesnt require much though considering everything has gigantic splash and your enemies move at the rate a elephant matures

FACEPALM

“Everything has a giant splash” Let’s see a list of things with “giant splash”
1) Rockets
2) Demoman grenades(Not that “giant”)
3) Sticky Bombs

Last time I checked, that was not “everything”

“enemies move at the rate AN elephant matures”

Let’s see about that, scout move fast as crap(Even faster with the drink).
Soldiers can Rocket jump through almost half of most maps.
Pyro the only actual class that can hurt it is heavy, which it can easily outrun. (Scouts have shotguns, which require them to get close, close enough for the pyro to burn em. Rockets and grenades can be blown away by airblast)
Demoman – Sticky Jump.
Heavy – Agreed, but it’s a tank(defensive). It’s suppose to take damage and distract enemies. Moving isn’t something it’s suppose to do.
Engineer – Teleporters.
Sniper – Don’t move, just camp and shoot
Spy – Can move with invisibility
Medic – Can run as fast as a scout with correct gear and tactics.

I’m quite sure I had other crap to say, but I forgot.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Snipe27:

Clearyly, by saying what you said again and giving no counters to my points, you have won this argument. Bravo good sir.

how did i not offer any coutner points? did you read my post are did you just quote and reply? my counter point to saying you can just join servers to disable it is that it is very difficult to find any servers without randomness. my counter point to you saying that it isnt slower in a bad way is that it is slower in a bad way because it requires less skill when you consider how much more time you get to formulate plans. you are the one responding without coutner points

Flag Post
Originally posted by Snipe27:

how did i not offer any coutner points? did you read my post are did you just quote and reply? my counter point to saying you can just join servers to disable it is that it is very difficult to find any servers without randomness. my counter point to you saying that it isnt slower in a bad way is that it is slower in a bad way because it requires less skill when you consider how much more time you get to formulate plans. you are the one responding without coutner points

This post has proved my point.

Nontheless, to avoid a loop, i will go into further depth.

First off, “Formulating Plans” = No skill? You really dont know how much works do you.

Second off, its piss easy to find servers without the randomness. Search for servers with the tags “nocrit” or “nospread” and you will find them. Its as easy as googling.

Flag Post

stop taking my points and then bringing them to an extreme point. i never said formulating plans takes no skill. im just saying that it takes less skill as slower combat means it is easier to formulate plans on the fly. there is also less interaction with map timing and most plans are pretty much going to be identical as fleeing isnt really an option.

you are right it is piss easy to find servers without randomness. it is not easy to find good servers with people though. and before you go off and change what i say from “difficult to find good no random server” to “difficult to find out how to start up team fortress 2” let me provide some screenshots which i just took:

http://oi46.tinypic.com/2mh7dbt.jpg, showing no crit servers.
as you can probably see there are plenty of them a nice total of 467 but unfortunetly

436 of these have no players
25 of these servers dont have enough players
3 are saxton hale
1 is deathrun
1 is 10x spuf mod
1 is stars which is modded and admined by a fool. this is the only server that even comes close to acceptable.

http://oi50.tinypic.com/2vijoex.jpg, show nodmgspread servers
three less than nocrit. pretty much identical in that star is the only server that isnt an absolute atrocity yet still is garbage

http://oi46.tinypic.com/ibhw8w.jpg, this time with nodmgspread and nocrit
as you can see the number has dropped a bit more as expected. nothing really worth seeing here

in conclusion you are right in that i will find them but i will not find them how i want them to be or anyone really.

djrockstar:

1.your assumption that anyone who has gone past this lame fps is a call of duty kid is hilarious. it is also wrong
2. not being skill based makes any tactics far too simple. it also forces players to be entirely dependent on other players ultimately making the game only enjoyable if you enjoy losing for idiotic faults of your team mates or playing private games which is not acceptable or accesible for the average person
3. all the classes are too slow except for the demoman and soldier. unfortunately you can only get up to decent speed as these classes via explosives.

why do you even want to play a game if it does not challenge you?

Flag Post

I see you are ignoring me completly. There are ways to find those servers, and your not using them.

I find it funny that in the post saying i was taking your points to far, you take my points to far.

Planning has much more skill then reaction time.

Therefore, more planning and less reactions= more skill.

Also, it sounds like someone went on stars server, then ragequit due to the servers high average skill level.