RPG Maker XP/VX

9 posts

Flag Post

Mainly a topic about Rmxp or rmvx. I wasn’t able to find another topic strictly about RPG Maker. I was just wondering how many people actually use, and bought either game, or both. Also, which one do you think is better and why?

Flag Post

I’ve used RMXP. I have VX, but didn’t install it yet, so I don’t know what it’s like.

And yeah, the version of RMXP I got is in Chinese… Cause I’m from CHINA!!!!!!

Flag Post

I have them both, overall XP is better, but VX has a cleaner, user friendlier interface and some cool new features, but is restricted to five tilesets.

Flag Post

There is now an rpg maker that you can export to swf files… for upload on places like kongregate…
Indie Game Maker… i am not sure where the actual site is… but goto www.rpgmakervx.net and there is a few links that will get you to the place… it roughly costs about 80-90 dollars… cheaper than Adobe Flash Maker…

Flag Post

I didn’t liked RPGMaker, but the idea behind. So some years ago I began to create my own “RPGMaker” with Python. But everything I made was a big pile of junk with a lot of bugs and nearly no features. Somewhere in the middle I changed the design and changed everything so you get Java-Applets in the end and I also wrote a few things with C++ and reused one of my .php-scripts. At the moment you can have simple Multiple-choice conversations, 3 types of terrains (massive, walkable, dangerous) and simply fights without a inventory system. Dangerous means, that if you walk on this terrain, there is a chance to encounter random enemies.

I have given up this project and now try easier things. This project was far too big to handle it myself with my low experience in programming.

Flag Post

I was thinking about making rpg with xp, because I found a loud of videos on YouTube to get rpg maker xp for free

Flag Post

i’m attempting to convert my rpg maker game into SWF, it’s taking forever..

Flag Post

I was considering getting RPG Maker to make and post games here, however it seems they don’t support it. Is it possible to convert it to SWF so it can be uploaded here?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Wraith1993:

I was considering getting RPG Maker to make and post games here, however it seems they don’t support it. Is it possible to convert it to SWF so it can be uploaded here?

Same here… I haven’t figured that out yet but if I figure it out before you I’ll let you know!