Obliterate Everything 2

22 posts

Flag Post

Has anyone completed all the maps without premium?

Flag Post

Missions randomly generated, personally had only one tough mission – duel with whites, his ships were too fast for my defense, needed to buy turret upgrades.

Flag Post

Is there a way to pause this bloody game as soon as it starts?! I’m pretty pissed off with the pause button being disabled until the complete fade-in.

Flag Post

I beat all my random maps.

The worst are the SURROUNDED maps. I want to fight some at level 100 to see the worst. (infected! LOL)

And the best weapon to get is the Construction upgrade. You can pretty much do lots of cheezy stuff with it. Like ambush bases right from the beginning of the map and drop 5-10 auto cannons.

Flag Post

If you want to beat all missions, use this set up.

Fighters, feeze ships, miner ships.

Medium carriers.

Large ships don’t matter. Too costly. Medium carriers are the best.

You want Construction and Physics Labs. (these are too powerful, if missing, use barriers, on defense maps use barriers over construction)

Best turrets are usually auto cannons and healers. And maybe the 200 energy missles (not the 400, the 400 missiles tend to blow up your own base)

Flag Post

Thanks for the tips. Very helpful.

There seems to be a hell of a lot wrong with this great game. Stupid things like no level numbers (also the fact that it’s spam based when it would have made an amazing strategy game).

I’d love to tell you which map I’m having problems with but the best I can do is say: 2nd Row, near middle of row, difficulty 70, reward 262.

I have won this map but I can only win it every 10 tries when I get lucky. Sometimes the purple enemy seems to randomly lose to the weaker white enemy and occasionally, if I’m lucky I can use the contruction cheese because he doesn’t build anything between my base and his. But I don’t think lucking it out counts. Anyone got a strategy that beats this map most of the time? Fighters, feeze ships, miner ships, medium carriers as suggested by FateIsEscaped doesn’t work for me on this map.

Flag Post

Try using the Construction bases to retreat, so the two enemies fight each other and never you.

Then blow up your main base.

Then use 1 miner, and 1 freeze ship and 1 reactor.

Then you have to play it by how they react.

Try to send ships towards the stronger enemy. Basically you want to keep the enemies in perpetual war, while you build up.

Flag Post

You must blow up your main base usually, because, it attracts enemy attention.

Sometimes you even need to use 2 construction bases to retreat. (and blow both your first bases up)

But it’s very worth it in a Skirmish map.

That wasted 1000 energy will buy you much needed time.

Flag Post

Well, I only played to the hard badge, but I found that the strategy on any map where you start with >2k cash is to build a big space port and set it to make super carriers. The super carriers will then obliterate everything.

Flag Post

This strategy wouldn’t work vs Infectors, sadly. Supercarrier will get infection, will start to spawn spores. AI prioritizes nearest target, so infected carriers will stay alive, while your will attack spores, and occasionally get infection too. My enemy managed to get 15 alive supercarriers from my 1 spawner.

Interceptors to the max. There are always much more of them.

Flag Post

“Try using the Construction bases to retreat, so the two enemies fight each other and never you.
Then blow up your main base….”

Sounds great. Thanks again.

“Well, I only played to the hard badge, but I found that the strategy on any map where you start with >2k cash is to build a big space port and set it to make super carriers. The super carriers will then obliterate everything”

Annoyingly that works on the final map at 200 difficulty.. a lot wrong with this great game. However, if you keep playing you’ll find it doesn’t work on any maps where you get attacked quickly. 2.5k is a different story.. with a few hundred more credits you can keep yourself alive and your laughing with that strat.

Flag Post

Sure thing.

When I do a retreat, sometimes I also just drop 1 reactor, no ships, and build 2 medium spaceports for their turrets, but I don’t specify a ship (add carriers later), then I go back to building reactors.

What this does is keeps me out of the enemy fight, and the 2 medium ship ports act as defense against the random ships that sometimes come by. Try to build everything behind your constructed base so you are as stealth as possible.

1 last thing, every map in the game is random generated.

Basically, the map variables are…

… Difficulty (this number is from how far your start point in from the edge of the furthest corner… so if your first map of difficulty 0 was in the bottom corner, the hardest map difficulty 100 will be in the opposite corner, and difficulty 50 will be the middle point of the map)

… Battle type (skirmish, flank, pincer, surrounded, defense…)

… Special condition (black hole, static, hot sun, energy generators…)

… and the enemy types. (Infected, white, purple, blue, red, shielded…)

And yeah, the last fight is a joke.

I’d say the worst fight is probably Pincer (Infected + White with the kamekaze) at difficulty 100, with a black hole.

Pincer is hard to cheese with contruction. Infected anything, is the worst. And the white fleet has these ships that ram your base.

Black Hole is probably the worst special battle status. All the other status effects affect both you and the enemy. Black holes are fully against you, and they also prevent slow build up cheese tactics. So you have to have a fast / medium engagement speed.

Static status is pretty random but it tends to favor a slow build up, so that’s another reason black holes are the worst.

Flag Post

Difficult 70 reward 262
North east → make 1 super carrier station and many physic lab if you don’t have physic lab, make mass carrier.
South west → make 1 super carrier and wall around your base, if you don’t have super carrier you still can mass carrier to win and don’t forget to wall your base.
UPGRADE Wall will help so much in mid game.

If it is possible to create super carrier at start, these maps can be beaten by using super carrier if not, the only meaning is you are doing it wrong.

Every maps should be end so fast if not, yes, you are doing it wrong which is called “ineffective”.

Here are things that you should use
Tier 1
Fighter – Mass them at early game.
Intercaptor – In early game. some enemies mass fighter so use this ships to counter them.
Bomber – After using Fighters as meat shield, use bomber to end the game faster
Freeze Drone – Mass this ship when you face green infestor. They will freeze and slow everything down including infesting process. However, Freeze Drone is only effective in early game since after that the number of infested bullets and infested things will be increased.

Tier 2 – After you get this, it is time to ignore tier 1
Light Carrier – Work on almost mid game maps. This ship will act like bomber to end the game fast and meat shield.
Destroyer – There are some maps that enemies use infested bullets, mass carrier or fighter or even some map that mass light carrier don’t work well. This ship will fix it. Build 1-2 Destroyer per game with lots of Light carrier work very well since Destroyers will stop massing things from enemies while Light Carriers destroy the whole base.
There is a map that need to mass only Destroyer too since it is mid – end game map. Light Carrier is too slow to fight. Destroyers will charge enemy so fast and even it get infected it will die because it will be in enemy base and get killed + infected at the same time.

Tier 3 – End game
Super Carrier – Yeah Supper Carrier and only. if you have money more than 2250 at start, Use Super Carrier + wall (if you need) and speed the process faster with physic lab.
→ This combo win every maps under its condition.

Turrets – most turrets are craps. Don’t use them if you are not near enemy base and you are not in duel.
Beam cannon – yes only and only beam cannon. There are some maps that you will start near enemy base! yes it is time to build beam cannon to destroy their base. After finish them, use bomber to end the game.

Auxiliary -
Wall – MUST UPGRADE, when you upgrade it, it will be SUPER POWERFUL. It is so much better than non upgraded one.
Physics lab – This building will faster everything. End the game faster, to sum up.

Upgrade
- Power efficiency, Heavy industry and structure regen first.
- Then upgrade the first line (All ship upgraded) and infest resist (It will rarely help but better than nothing)
- Then heavy barricade
- Then upgrade the rest and the last are about turrets.

Traps
- Many turrets = slow game, ineffective.
- Reactor and Genertor will not be important in all later level. Most, you just use all starter cash to mass something will be enough to win. Remember that building reactor and generator will make you spend more time.

Some info
- Green infestor – Weakness, fast firing rate, fast move speed things. the infested bullets are slow.
- Red (if I am not wrong) – Love to use black hole 1 hit KO thing but only 1 targets So using barricade to eat their black hole and fight back with mass carrier.
- Others are just not remarkable at all.

Hope this help.

Flag Post

Last thing – some maps have power grid and boost your energy, if you have energy upgrade (energy efficiency) you don’t need to build reactor or generator at all.

Still – If you constructor base get destroyed, Don’t panic. If you have Super Carrier building, you are likely a winner and if you have physics labs, they will guarantee your win.
And if you don’t want to lose your constructor, you should wall around your base, build things for fun while Super carrier will take care everything in no time anyway.

Really last one now, if super carrier still doesn’t work, use Light Carrier, it should work now.
Well, if it still not, you should mass destroyer and if it is still not work, you are doing something wrong.

Flag Post
Originally posted by zeldata:

Difficult 70 reward 262
North east → make 1 super carrier station and many physic lab if you don’t have physic lab, make mass carrier.
South west → make 1 super carrier and wall around your base, if you don’t have super carrier you still can mass carrier to win and don’t forget to wall your base.
UPGRADE Wall will help so much in mid game.

If it is possible to create super carrier at start, these maps can be beaten by using super carrier if not, the only meaning is you are doing it wrong.

Every maps should be end so fast if not, yes, you are doing it wrong which is called “ineffective”.

Here are things that you should use
Tier 1
Fighter – Mass them at early game.
Intercaptor – In early game. some enemies mass fighter so use this ships to counter them.
Bomber – After using Fighters as meat shield, use bomber to end the game faster
Freeze Drone – Mass this ship when you face green infestor. They will freeze and slow everything down including infesting process. However, Freeze Drone is only effective in early game since after that the number of infested bullets and infested things will be increased.

Tier 2 – After you get this, it is time to ignore tier 1
Light Carrier – Work on almost mid game maps. This ship will act like bomber to end the game fast and meat shield.
Destroyer – There are some maps that enemies use infested bullets, mass carrier or fighter or even some map that mass light carrier don’t work well. This ship will fix it. Build 1-2 Destroyer per game with lots of Light carrier work very well since Destroyers will stop massing things from enemies while Light Carriers destroy the whole base.
There is a map that need to mass only Destroyer too since it is mid – end game map. Light Carrier is too slow to fight. Destroyers will charge enemy so fast and even it get infected it will die because it will be in enemy base and get killed + infected at the same time.

Tier 3 – End game
Super Carrier – Yeah Supper Carrier and only. if you have money more than 2250 at start, Use Super Carrier + wall (if you need) and speed the process faster with physic lab.
→ This combo win every maps under its condition.

Turrets – most turrets are craps. Don’t use them if you are not near enemy base and you are not in duel.
Beam cannon – yes only and only beam cannon. There are some maps that you will start near enemy base! yes it is time to build beam cannon to destroy their base. After finish them, use bomber to end the game.

Auxiliary -
Wall – MUST UPGRADE, when you upgrade it, it will be SUPER POWERFUL. It is so much better than non upgraded one.
Physics lab – This building will faster everything. End the game faster, to sum up.

Upgrade
- Power efficiency, Heavy industry and structure regen first.
- Then upgrade the first line (All ship upgraded) and infest resist (It will rarely help but better than nothing)
- Then heavy barricade
- Then upgrade the rest and the last are about turrets.

Traps
- Many turrets = slow game, ineffective.
- Reactor and Genertor will not be important in all later level. Most, you just use all starter cash to mass something will be enough to win. Remember that building reactor and generator will make you spend more time.

Some info
- Green infestor – Weakness, fast firing rate, fast move speed things. the infested bullets are slow.
- Red (if I am not wrong) – Love to use black hole 1 hit KO thing but only 1 targets So using barricade to eat their black hole and fight back with mass carrier.
- Others are just not remarkable at all.

Hope this help.

Originally posted by zeldata:

Last thing – some maps have power grid and boost your energy, if you have energy upgrade (energy efficiency) you don’t need to build reactor or generator at all.

Still – If you constructor base get destroyed, Don’t panic. If you have Super Carrier building, you are likely a winner and if you have physics labs, they will guarantee your win.
And if you don’t want to lose your constructor, you should wall around your base, build things for fun while Super carrier will take care everything in no time anyway.

Really last one now, if super carrier still doesn’t work, use Light Carrier, it should work now.
Well, if it still not, you should mass destroyer and if it is still not work, you are doing something wrong.

I’ll have to try that massing destroyers, I never really used them for anything.

Carriers are the only ship that ever seemed to change anything for me since they spit out infinite fighters.

I think Purple enemies might be the black hole users, but I can’t recall for sure.

There was also Static Stun users.

Shield users.

Freeze users.

Carrier ship users. (blue?)

And I think the infected could be any of the types above + infested? Which also changed the properties of some of their ships, I think. (like infested carriers spit out lots of the infested spores)

Also threw some ideas up at cwallis page.

http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/cwwallis/messages

A couple things that would be nice like…

-Pause key!
-Making Shield Generators not so laggy. (try building a base with lots of them)
-Ability to turn off HUD so we can build units on areas of the map that are blocked by icons or the mini map.
-Infinite End Game, where after beating the game the star maps just keeps making random maps.
-The ability to change the ships a port makes just by clicking on it. (and spending the energy)
-A key that stops all ports from RELEASING their ships. But doesn’t pause the game. (this is because there are times you want to make an organized offensive push)

Flag Post

The way I beat the game without premium was really simple, for the first half of the game build light carrier docks to win, nothing else needed, after that I built nothing but fighter bays along with a few of the building that boosts production speed, with any number of reactors to start out with, depending on the level, some levels also require some fighter bays producing something besides a basic fighter, but essentially hordes and hordes of fodder flowing from your base is the way to win, also on 1 or two levels a line of 5-10 barricades and a few double blasters was required while I built up fighter bays.

Flag Post

Agreed. I had trouble finishing all the maps because after I got to a stage where mass interceptors didn’t work anymore I thought that they had lost their usefulness on harder maps. It turns out that massing interceptors is the key to most of the difficult maps. Those barricades are often part of that key.

I now consider that the most challenging map is the one directly left of the map I had trouble with before; 2nd from the top, third row from the left (Flank, 73, 271). Here you have infestors a long way away and humans in between so you end up vs a continuous line of thousands of infestors. It can be done very slowly with interceptors and supercarriers or quickly with annahilators.

Flag Post

Here is another good space game by the makers of Obliterate Everything: http://quantumraptor.com/scribble-turret/

Flag Post

Total base size with 1 conscruction unit.

4       oooo cccc     4     8
  8     oo .. oo,, cc   5    13
 10    o   ..   o,   c  5    15
 12   o    ..    o    c 5    17
 12-2 o....BB...CC,,,,c 5-2  13
 12-2 o....BB...CC,,,,c 5-2  13
 12   o    ..    o    c 5    17
  8     oo .. oo,, cc   5    13
  4       oooo cccc     4     8
108                    54   162
  4       oooo                 4
  8     oo .. ooccc      3    11
 10    o   ..   o, cc    4    14
 10    o   ..   o,   c   5    15
 12   o    ..    o   c   4    16
 12-2 o....BB....o    c  5    15
 12-2 o....BB...CC,,,,c  5-2  13
 12   o    ..   CC,,,,c  5-2  15
 10    o   ..   o,    c  6    16
 10    o   ..   o,   c   5    15
  8     oo .. oo,,   c   6    14
  4       ooooc ,, cc    6    10
               cccc      4     4
108                     54   162
  4       oooo                
  8     oo .. oo    
 10    o   ..   o
 10    o   ..  ,oc      1
 12   o    ..  ,,occ    2
 12-2 o....BB....o  c   3
 12-2 o....BB....o  c   3
 12   o    ..  ,,o   c  4
 10    o   ..  CC,,,,c  5-2
 10    o   ..  CC,,,,c  5-2
  8     oo .. oo,    c  6
  4       oooo ,,   c   7
           c   ,,   c  10
            cc ,, cc    8
              cccc      4
108                    54    

Just to show myself for sure that it doesn’t matter where you place the Construction unit.

What matter is only that it is touching the side of the base.

So, 1 base has 108 squares of build space, normally.

Adding 1 Construction unit at the edge gives 54 more squares.

Flag Post

This is probably a really stupid question, but is there a way to manually delete your own structures?

Flag Post

Hover mouse over structure + press K.
I think.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator