Starland Multiplayer TD

15 posts

Flag Post

What happened to this game? It is seriously my top favorite game on this site but NO ONE CAN PLAY IT! The game screen is blank with “Unable to connect to server”. The game has been down for many months with no explanation or seeming attempt to get the game going. I think I speak for the Kong community when I say “WE WANT STARLAND MULTIPLAYER TD BACK!!!!”

Flag Post

I am assuming they are working on fixing this game, as they have many other games. :)

Flag Post

I’d love to fix it, but it’s very hard to find time to do it. Without becoming bankrupt.

I get a lot of hate mail for this game, as if I’m a huge company like EA and not just a guy.

The game doesn’t work now because Nonoba’s multiplayer system doesn’t work. Fixing it means finding another system, paying for that, and then working full time on it to fix it.

Flag Post

And wouldn’t it be better to have a brand new Starland instead of fixing up the old one? With features that the community wanted, like co-op modes?

Do you think there’s enough of a community for a Kickstarter to succeed? I’ve been telling people there will be a sequel for years, but it’s hard to stay financially afloat so I have to make other decisions (which I feel guilty about!)

Flag Post

Kickstarter that bad boy then.

Flag Post

Thing is, I don’t want to hold the game to ransom for money, or make it look like that. But if people actually want me to produce a sequel with their feedback with their backing, I’d love to go down that route.

Flag Post

Well, you can’t get donations if you don’t give people a way.

Flag Post

Well, if you want to send me loads of money please go ahead! ;-)

Flag Post

You gotta set up an account so people can give you little donations over time. I’d certainly send a donation. But you gotta get a way for people to give it to you. A beggar probably gets more money when he’s asking. And even more if he’s got a cup. And even more if he’s got a cup and a talent.

Flag Post

Make an account, give the link and describe your goal in a forum post. Give me the link and I’ll help spread the link to the forum via chat rooms, facebook, omegle… hehe. I don’t know! Just gotta think and put some effort into it!

Flag Post

There is definitely enough of a communtiy for a kickstarter to succeed. Every few months I would check if its back up, so glad this is being discussed :DDDD..

Flag Post

Go kickstarter! Id probably pay some money for a game with new features.

Flag Post

Help get Starland Multiplayer TD Sequel! http://www.formspring.me/marshgames/questions

The maker of Starland Multiplayer TD has requested for people to express their thoughts and interests about the game via the link provided above. Please, everyone, take a moment to visit the page and and support this game!

Flag Post

Thanks Olivhare :-)

The official hub of the game is now http://starlandtd.com/ – if you need an official “home” for the game, this is it. (Currently temporary content)

Flag Post

I aswell have been checking often to see if the game has been re-launched! Trust me if i told you guys i played this game for about 15 hours a day! I was so dedicated to this game that i got on the top 10 players leaderboard! I have submitted my email for updates on the game. If you ever find the new host only for the game “Starland Multiplayer TD” unlike Nonoba which had several games. just give me a shout i would love to help! If you ever find a host that has several games like nonoba that would be great to!!