PS3 Game Recommendations

25 posts

Flag Post

This is the thread where you recommend PS3 Games for me, as I am bored and want to know some good PS3 games to buy.

Thanks!

Flag Post

FIFA 13
CoD series (I don’t like)
Little Big Planet

That’s about it.

Flag Post

it depends on what kind of person you are.
if you are into rpgs then i would advise the tales serie or kingdom of amlalur if you preffer a little bit more action.
for shooter i would say cod 2 or battlefield 3.
althought battlefield3 is kinda laggy on the ps3 so its better to chose cod 2 for ps3.
and battlefield3 for the pc.
for strategy i would advice Disgaea 3 or 4 but you need to love anime since both games are full of it.
with the others genres i dont have much experience.

Flag Post
Originally posted by AllStarDominatio:

That’s about it.

Hah.

Originally posted by tribust:

it depends on what kind of person you are.
if you are into rpgs then i would advise the tales serie or kingdom of amlalur if you preffer a little bit more action.
for shooter i would say cod 2 or battlefield 3.
althought battlefield3 is kinda laggy on the ps3 so its better to chose cod 2 for ps3.
and battlefield3 for the pc.
for strategy i would advice Disgaea 3 or 4 but you need to love anime since both games are full of it.
with the others genres i dont have much experience.

CoD 2 isn’t available on the PS3.

In terms of exclusives?

For platformers, I’d start out with the Jak & Daxter Collection, probably one of the best, if not the platformers of all-time. Then you could go for the Sly Cooper Franchise (HD Collection & Thieves in Time). LittleBigPlanet is good too. I’m not a big fan of Ratchet & Clank, but alot of people recommend it.

If you enjoy emotional & artsy games, I’d recommend the downloable titles Flower, The Unfinished Swan & Journey. They are all amazing (Journey won numerous GOTY awards!). I’d also recommend the outstanding title Heavy Rain.

If you enjoy hack ‘n’ slash games, I’d go for God of War (HD Collection, Origins Collection, GoW III, GoW: Ascension).

If you’re a racing fan I’ve heard that Gran Turismo is a dream. As well as LittleBigPlanet Karting. Modnation Racers was a decent racer, but the loading times per track are a bit ridiculous. Twisted Metal isn’t much of a racing game as it is a demolition derby, but still fun nonetheless.

If you like action games, I’d HIGHLY recommend the Uncharted Series (1, 2 ,3). Infamous (1,2, Festival of Blood) is a good open-world action franchise as well.

Shooter guy? Go for the Killzone series as well as the Resistance series. Metal Gear Solid franchise if you enjoy a view from 3rd-person. Maybe MAG if you want a MMOTPS.

Some other great exclusives that I didn’t write above include: PixelJunk series, MotorStorm series & Demon’s Souls.

Keep in mind this is just the exclusives I’m talking about. There are tons of other great games found on other systems, but PS3 has the best and biggest variety of exclusives, hands down.

[Add me if you’d like: PSN: Mattotastic.]

Cheers!

Flag Post

Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
I know it’s not the newest one, but Tekken 6 and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 blow ass.
Take it from a Tekken God like me.
Also, don’t become an Eddy/Christie/Mishima/Lili/Bryan scrub, take a character that takes some skill like Lei or Yoshimitsu or Dragunov or Wang.

Flag Post

Uncharted 1,2,3
Heavy Rain
Journey
And if you’re looking to pre-order stuff, The Last of Us looks like it’s going to be pretty great.

Flag Post

GTA games
Assassin’s Creed games
Uncharted games
Infamous games
God of War games
Modnation is a good cartoon-style racing game but too much DLC and loading.
FIFA 13. Actually the previous games aren’t different at all, buy them if you want it to be cheaper.

Flag Post

i’d say LA noire. best game that i have ever played

Flag Post

Midnight Club 4

Flag Post

Oh, and Need for speed series.

Flag Post

littleBIGplanet 2.

It’s better then one.

Flag Post

Try the Uncharted Series if you haven’t already.

Flag Post

Grand Theft Auto 4

Flag Post

Journey, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, and Dark Souls (If your into really hard games).

Flag Post

- Metal Gear Solid
- God of War
- Uncharted
- LittleBigPlanet
- inFAMOUS
- Gran Turismo 5

Flag Post

COD 3 was remastered for PS3 and I think it has a better campaign than the new CODs.

Otherwise, LittleBigPlanet is a great game, and a lot of people like God of War, although I’ve never played it.

Gran Turismo 4 was a great racing game, so I’m guessing unless they messed it up Gran Turismo 5 should be good. A lot of people like that too.

Flag Post

Twisted Metal
Katamari Forever
Infamous 1 & 2

Flag Post

The Elder Scrolls Skyrim – Adventure RPG. Very big game.
Final Fantasy XIIIRPG. Very linear. Good story.
Pixeljunk Monsters Encore – Tower defense. Download only.
Journey – Artistic game. Got boring fast.
God of War 3 – Hack and slash.
Demon’s Souls – Adventure. Personally I didn’t like this but it’s popular.
Saint’s Row The Third – Shooter RPG. Play as a gangster trying to take over a city and destroy a rival gang. Not for kids.
Grand Theft Auto 4 – Shooter RPG. Play as a gangster. Not for kids. A mediocre game that got near perfect reviews. This game has deep flaws.

Flag Post

dora the explorer cuz thats games for 13 year old like you

Flag Post
Originally posted by cesarcurado:

dora the explorer cuz thats games for 13 year old like you

That’s not on PS3 :3

Flag Post

Oh yeah, also Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown, one of the most balanced 3D fighters I’ve ever played.

Flag Post
Originally posted by graveyard890:

Grand Theft Auto 4

So overrated.

Flag Post

Uncharted series, Flower, Journey, Guacamelee, Closure, inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood (I haven’t finished the other two) are all awesome.

Flag Post

Heavy Rain, Katamari Forever, Red Dead Redemption

Flag Post

Uncharted Trilogy
InFAMOUS 1 & 2
Killzone Trilogy
Just Cause 2