ANY rpg games with NO LEVEL CAP?

27 posts

Flag Post

Does ANYONE know ANY rpg games that have NO LEVEL CAP? No level cap as in, you can level up forever and one day deal a million points of damage, and maybe even more.

Please don’t mention ANY of the games I mention below, because I already know them, and most of them actually have a level cap, even though it is a high one:

Disgaea (all games in the series). True, it has a hard to reach level cap, but it tends to get boring at times without a damage record map in the 4th game.

The Challenge. True, it has no level cap, but EACH WEAPON HAS ITS OWN DAMAGE CAP! Once you hit the opponent for 29% of a million, you’re done. You might even defeat a level 9999 enemy without much effort.

Maplestory. The level cap is 200 and again, it tends to get boring sometimes.

Battle, Fierce Battle, and Uber Battle. The enemy becomes more powerful after each battle, and they all share healing that scales with HP! Sometimes, the enemy spams himself with healing, often making it impossible to win the fight. And no matter what power the enemy is, you will always level up after one battle, and so does the enemy. Even worse, the first game only lets you have 500 maximum HP to start with, and it doesn’t ever raise.

Skyrim. The game is WAY too overrated, and it even caused certain family problems. For my standards, it can get pretty boring. Even most mods are only funny for about 10 minutes.

Oblivion. When you level up, you actually become WEAKER! This is the curse of enemy scaling, which I hate.

Mabinogi. Despite the promising rebirth system, Durability made grinding for currency a wasting mess.

So please, tell me about every single no-level-cap RPG that you know, except for the ones I mentioned above, which I have already tried. Also, if the rpg game you are mentioning has a arena mode, or something where you can set the power level of the enemy (as long as it isn’t the eviludy games that I mentioned before), that would be really nice, but that is just optional.

Flag Post

Maybe you would read own topics?
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/3-general-gaming/topics/326946-rpg-games-that-have-no-level-cap
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/3-general-gaming/topics/318333-rpg-games-with-no-level-cap

Flag Post
Originally posted by Gremlion:

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/3-general-gaming/topics/326946-rpg-games-that-have-no-level-cap
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/3-general-gaming/topics/318333-rpg-games-with-no-level-cap

None of them were interesting.

Flag Post

well, if hard-to-reach level caps still count as level caps, then there is no game like that.
Your level is a piece of information, and there is a finite amount of information that can be stored in this universe. It will be huge, but finite. You have decided that hard-to-reach level caps still count.
You will never find a game with no level cap.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Seamanwarrior824:
Originally posted by Gremlion:

None of them were interesting.

You’re asking for certain games, people gave you the games. Don’t moan.

Flag Post

I laughed so hard when I saw " Maplestory. The level cap is 200."

If you mean games on Kongregate, Epic Battle Fantasy 3 and 4 are worth your time, and they come with an official walkthrough so you have no excuse to get stuck and ask people for help.

Flag Post

In Marvel Avengers Alliance, your agent [you] doesn’t have a level cap but your heroes do.

Flag Post

Disgaea

Flag Post
Originally posted by KTCAOP:

Disgaea

+1

Flag Post
Originally posted by FrostyBubbles:

I laughed so hard when I saw " Maplestory. The level cap is 200."

If you mean games on Kongregate, Epic Battle Fantasy 3 and 4 are worth your time, and they come with an official walkthrough so you have no excuse to get stuck and ask people for help.

Ahhahaah Yes it’s 200 :)

Flag Post

do you play mods?

Flag Post
Originally posted by UNRIVALEDUDE52:

do you play mods?

Depends on the game.

Flag Post

as far as i remember ‘mystic quest’(snes) has no level cap

Flag Post

Eve online might work although I am not sure.

Flag Post

rpg mo has no level cap. but once you get to 100 its going to be very difficult to level any further.

Flag Post

Kingdom of Loathing?

Flag Post

Dungelot

I just found this game in kongregate.
The reason of no level cap is: You can’t “win” in this game. Sooner or later you will die. You will more powerful after die.

Flag Post
Originally posted by wecl0me12:

well, if hard-to-reach level caps still count as level caps, then there is no game like that.
Your level is a piece of information, and there is a finite amount of information that can be stored in this universe. It will be huge, but finite. You have decided that hard-to-reach level caps still count.

not true, Ive played several text based games where the level cap is infinite, people were hitting level 1.0×10^400, and just kept goin. just sayin.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thok:

Kingdom of Loathing?

Yes.

Flag Post
Originally posted by thebigbum243:
Originally posted by wecl0me12:

not true, Ive played several text based games where the level cap is infinite, people were hitting level 1.0×10^400, and just kept goin. just sayin.

You just failed information theory 101.

Flag Post

Dawn of the dragons doesn’t have a level cap. But that may not be a game for you

Flag Post

Tibia, A 2d game with a grid system for moving and such, the levels you can get are infinite although get harder as you go along, but your speed will increase with every level, and that’s a neat feature, with a skilling system thats possibly infinite, (Game is over 15 years old) and noone has reached a cap in anything, but its just really tough. Anyways I think it’s worth a look.
PvP is pretty balanced and there is a huge community, Item loss on death but ways to prevent, and limits on frags except on some servers (PvP-Enforced) also non pvp, and normal pvp, (non pvp has guild wars) and (Normal pvp has a skull system, limiting frags in a way that if you kill too much you will get red skulled (lose all items on death) for a month, black skulled (spawn with 40 hp and lose all items on death) and banishment for excessive player killing. Anyways Enjoy

Flag Post

Kingdom of Loathing?

Kingdom of loathing has a stat and level cap, level is 256 i believe, while stat cap is about 65k

Flag Post
Originally posted by Javinos:

Kingdom of Loathing?

Kingdom of loathing has a stat and level cap, level is 256 i believe, while stat cap is about 65k

Every game has a cap of everything…
Why the hell is an RPG without a level cap even a thing?

Flag Post
Originally posted by randomboy839:
Originally posted by Javinos:

Kingdom of Loathing?

Every game has a cap of everything…
Why the hell is an RPG without a level cap even a thing?

Yeah, I really don’t see why you would go around looking for a game without a level cap.
I mean, that just means you have nothing to aim for and you’re in essence grinding for eternity.