Best Story

6 posts

Flag Post

What are some games I can play here on Kongregate that have a really good story and character development? I don’t really like point and click, solve the mystery, gather random items and solves the puzzle and get the code kind of games. I’m not Nancy Drew. I’m sure you know what I’m talking about. Please don’t suggest any of those. Character creation would be a plus, but not required. Thanks for your help! :)

Flag Post

Have you tried the Sonny games? I enjoyed the story and voice acting. It is a turn based RPG (which may or may not be your thing).

Flag Post

Mardek RPG series has what you are looking for.

Flag Post
Originally posted by The_Atari_Kid:

Have you tried the Sonny games? I enjoyed the story and voice acting. It is a turn based RPG (which may or may not be your thing).

Sonny is good, although I find that it’s better for the gameplay. Half of what happened during Sonny 1 is unrelated to the sequel, and the lack of dialogue means that there’s very little character development.

Also, if you do not like point and click, then you’re pretty much missing some of the best stories on Kongregate. Just saying.

Flag Post

I just don’t like solving puzzles. In point and click adventure games, all of the “puzzles” are the same anyways. You find item a then find item b and either combine them or do some obscure thing with them. Mystery games are not fun, in my opinion. I find them tedious.

Either way, I’ve played Sonny, and I wouldn’t really call that what I’m looking for, since there is barely a story, but it is a fun little game. I think Mardek is a point and click, but I never played it, so Ill have to give it a try and see how I like it. Thank you for the suggestions, I would appreciate some more please.

Flag Post

I just played Mardek Chapter 1 and wow! Its not what I thought it was. It was so fun and too funny! I LOVE the yellow robed guy at the end. “I had a nice tune it my head. It goes Na-na-na-naa-na-na-naa.-” Purple guy: “Sigh” LOL

The humor works and the characters are interesting and likable, which is the important thing.