City of Steam

16 posts

Flag Post

Anybody remember that game called City of Steam?
It had a non-Kongplus beta weekend.
And it was awesome.

Yeah, it’s in open beta now, I’d go play it if I were you.
http://cos.r2games.com

(it’s browser-based :D)

Flag Post

I only play on Kongregate, bro.

Flag Post

Sad, this game is awesome. Bro.

Flag Post

Does that mean that the game is going to come to Kong?

What type of game is it? I wouldn’t mind a Sid Meier’s Pirates in a steampunk setting. That was my impression from the image above, but I see an image of a cake and I jump to that conclusion.

Freemium, energy system, multiplayer only, etc? Any things of note that are going to piss gamers off?

Flag Post
Originally posted by SicMirx:

Does that mean that the game is going to come to Kong?

What type of game is it? I wouldn’t mind a Sid Meier’s Pirates in a steampunk setting. That was my impression from the image above, but I see an image of a cake and I jump to that conclusion.

Freemium, energy system, multiplayer only, etc? Any things of note that are going to piss gamers off?

Ok, let’s answer this in order…

I’m not sure whether it will come to Kongregate or not, but hopefully, Yes.

It is an RPG with MMO characteristics in a steampunk settings.

There is currently an item shop with premium currency and non-premium currency. But you can only buy cosmetic items that could make your character look coler, like steambikes. The items sold are all available easily without paying real money.

There is a new energy system in place, but it isn’t that bad, you get 1100 energy and it restore 1 per minute and the cost of entering dungeons is different. If you run out of energy you can go into the wild and kill monsters for E-Bars to restore it, or you can wait. You can also buy energy, but only 80 per day which is like, 2 dungeons maybe so no pay2progress there.

It has lots of single-player aspects as well as multiplayer. Dungeons can be with a team or by yourself.

The only thing that might piss some gamers off right now are the bugs (it’s in beta) and the PvP system, since it currently doesn’t use level ranges.

It’s worth checking out, really, go play it.

Flag Post

I’ll try it out when and if it comes to Kong. I like the elaboration, though. Thanks.

Flag Post

steampunk is like zombies, overused and boring

Flag Post
Originally posted by cesarcurado:

Everything seems boring to you.

Flag Post
Originally posted by AllStarDominatio:

Everything seems boring to you.

maybe
how many times i said boring here?
one

Flag Post

Alright, post every steampunk game you can find right here.

Flag Post

http://www.kongregate.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=steampunk

Flag Post

http://www.kongregate.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=steampunk

31 Games tagged “Steampunk”

There is 70,000+ games on Kongregate.

Yeah, Steampunk is “really” overused.

Flag Post

Steampunk is overused and boring

Flag Post

Well, ignoring the haters, I love the idea of steampunk games.
Psh, when do they get “overused and boring”? That’s like the equivalent of saying the developers of CoD should just die and stop trying right now. (Don’t see many people getting bored of them)
Anyways, would play but bad internet. Meh.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Purechillos:

Well, ignoring the haters, I love the idea of steampunk games.
Psh, when do they get “overused and boring”? That’s like the equivalent of saying the developers of CoD should just die and stop trying right now. (Don’t see many people getting bored of them)
Anyways, would play but bad internet. Meh.

cod is as bad tho

Flag Post
Steampunk is overused and boring

steampunk done lazily is overused and boring. but doing steampunk right has so far only been done by Bioshock. everything else steampunk, both on television and games, has failed so far. probably because of a lack of classical rolemodels.