Bot Arena 3: Challenge 4 page 4 (locked)

86 posts

Flag Post

WHY IS THIS THING SO FU*KING IMPOSSIBLE?? WHY WONT THE DRAGON DIE?? I DID EVERYTHING AND NOTHING WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flag Post

Challenge 4 becomes much easier with the strat from phore_eyes. Just use these moves: Set shield to follow sword then move in a square pattern with the corners of your moves about 1.5 in/3.5 cm from the real corners. Make sure sword never wanders by having the next command waiting when each move is complete. Sometimes you may want to move early if the dragon is far away as this will cause him to chase you, but the sword will be out of range by the time he changes direction. Nifty, huh? If shield is getting killed make moves closer to dragon. You should get this within a few tries. Good luck!

Flag Post

Well, I suppose that from all the tactics, the one with shield following the dragon is the best one. Someone else created it before me, so I’ll be mostly repeating someone else. The dragon has his minimum shooting distance – he can’t shoot the shield when it’s too close.

You have to keep the sword near enough to attack the dragon when it’s distracted, shooting the shield. Also, you need to be prepared to run away. When the shield gets “in touch” with the dragon, dragon can’t shoot it, thus shooting at the sword. When the dragon starts “dragging” the shield again, start shooting him. You can even end with fully healthy sword and still living shield if you are lucky.

Just give it few tries and you might win. But if you didn’t spend hours trying (so you would be even more mad at yourself if you did it with no badge for the effort), don’t play it. It’s a waste of time.

Flag Post

say guys, why not let the shield follow your sword? simply turn around a bit in the dragon’s range whit the shield and let the sword slightly go back a bit if the shield is closer to the dragon, after 3rd try succes=D

Flag Post

Yeah i used phore_eye’s strategy too… i think its the easiest one.

At the start, move the shield right, so that it is in front of dragon (and move ur sword left, further away because the AI is stupid and it would have wandered over by itself and died), so that just as dragon begins hitting the shield, let the shield follow sword, and move the sword around in circles (just like in the evasion challenge), approximately following the lines 1.5cm out from the border of the screen. The dragon will follow the shield and attack it and keep following it for a while, and the sword can attack the dragon. This is still pretty hard to pull off, i managed to finish it with 1hp left on sword and shield, most of its just luck anyway. It gets frustrating at times because the dragon moves in weird directions so sometimes it gets a few shots on the sword or it manages to get in front of the sword etc, but after a few tries, hopefully u can make it. Also, dont take too long, as the shield will die if you play it too safe…

Flag Post

Jestertrek, on page one, is a genius. He knows what he’s talking about. Perfect strategy.

Flag Post

They shoulda made the shield could shoot too :(

Flag Post

finally…shield follow the stupid dragon and micromanage the sword. Should’ve just made the sword a stupid jackhammer and it would’ve been much easier and less stupid. Never seen a sword kill a dragon from so far away.

Flag Post

I was FINALLY able to get it after about 50 tries and several expletives but using the Sword-follows-Shield technique. It’s ok if the Sword gets too close to the Dragon if you can make sure to get Shield just as close before Dragon gets some space between it and Sword, if that makes any sense. It’s really just a lot of luck and patience.

(Kongregate should totally split the badge, leaving 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 & 7 in a Hard Badge and putting Challenge 4 by itself as an Impossible Badge (*hint*hint, Kongregate!)!!!)

Flag Post

Another big THANKS to phore_eyes and his method of following the sword with the shield and do circles.

Flag Post

Jester’s method is, by far, the most effective. I tried so many times using the various suggestions, as well as some of my own, but none of them worked. Tried Jester’s and beat it 2nd shot. You, sir, are awesome.