What are your thoughts on a Pokemon inspired game where every Pokemon has it's own talent tree?

73 posts

Flag Post

We’ve been working on this game for a really long time now and wanted to get your guys’ thoughts on the idea.

Flag Post

That would be excellent as long as the talents are detailed and specified without confusing the player greatly. Please ensure you include a tutorial on how to use the talent tree, because I can already guess it’ll be a complex system.

Anyways, I hope your game is a success, and maybe I’ll play it (if I remember or come across it) when it is released.

Flag Post

Thanks TheCongressman!! We’re definitely trying to make sure the game is accessible to everyone, while still be really deep for people that want to take things to the next level.

Here is a picture of one of the undead minions in the game. See if you guys can spot who we designed this guy after.

Also, as always we’d love to get your guys’ thoughts!

Flag Post

Here is a screenshot of one of the talent trees. You can see that each minion(Pokemon) has three specializations depending on how you want that minion to fit into your group. So for this guy, you could specialize in buffing your party, doing demonic damage, or reflecting damage at the other party.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

The concept seems complex, but interesting. I’d definitely be willing to give it a try.

Flag Post

Well the screenshots look cool. I’d certainly play it.

Flag Post

Thanks Makilio and Darver! Would you guys be up for beta testing in a few weeks?

Flag Post
Originally posted by ToyChestGames:

Thanks Makilio and Darver! Would you guys be up for beta testing in a few weeks?

Sure I can do that I guess.

Flag Post

Sounds like a pretty fun concept. I’d play it.

Flag Post

As a fan of Pokemon games, I’ll be sure to try it out, seems like a cool game so please inform us when it is uploaded.

Flag Post

Thanks Darver! It’s going to be kinda more like “Early Access” to the game :)

Thanks IndomiPhoenix and Caleb_Nyuu! If you guys would like to get in on the Early Access/Beta Testing, we’d love to have you guys do it as well!

Also, we’d like to get your guys’ thoughts on some of the grass level game art. Let us know what you think!

Flag Post

Looking good, unfortunately that Outernaughts crap just beat you to it :/

Flag Post

Very interesting idea; seems complex, though. I hope you nail it, for your sake. I’ll try it out when it releases.

Flag Post

Also, that art looks pretty solid. Nice detailing.

Flag Post

Thanks lonelyterrorist! I think we have a few tricks up our sleeve that Outernaughts doesn’t :)

Wrathion we’re glad you’re liking the art and we’re excited to have you check it out! We’ve definitely focused on introducing new concepts slowly so everyone can get into it :)

Flag Post

Looks very nice! I would love to help testing the game.

Will this be single player or multiplayer?

If multiplayer, please don’t add an energy system or any waiting system! All it does is gradually lower the player base/community. So many pokemon-like games went downhill because of this.

Flag Post

Hmm. Is this going to be a microtransactiony game?

Looks and sounds good from what you’ve shown, though. That’s some sweet concept art.

Flag Post

This game looks great! I am a big fan of any pokemon or games similar to pokemon! I just have one question: Will this game be a single-player, or a multiplayer?

Flag Post

Wow, amazing screenshots. I’m actually very excited to see the finished product — excellent work, I mean it.

Flag Post

Thank Silverax! We’d love to have you test it!

It will not be a microtransaction game. There might be premium content, but right now I don’t even think that will be in the game.

Thanks thejes! Sadly it’s just single player at the moment, but maybe one day we’ll make it multiplayer!

Thank you TheCongressman! We’re excited to have you play it!

Also! We have robot minions in the game. Fun fact this minion was inspired by Ironman!

Flag Post

Good stuff, then. I’m looking forward to it, and wish you well.

Flag Post

Pokemon is no longer hippy.

Flag Post

It will be good unless there are all the pokemon types and hundreds of pokemon which all have very distinct talent trees. It would be too confusing and time consuming to manage your talents and understand what’s going on.

Flag Post

The only problem is, if you want every monster to be unique, you’d need to make the talents unique as well. Does that mean to sacrifice quantity of monsters for quality?