What are your thoughts on a Pokemon inspired game where every Pokemon has it's own talent tree? page 3

73 posts

Flag Post

Thanks TheCongressman! We’re super glad you’re enjoying it! :)

Hey Captain_Catface, It should be here pretty soon. I need to check with the sponsor but I’d guess sometime next week or the week afterwards :)

 
Flag Post

Great game so far! I have one minor bug to report at the moment. When you equip a gem on one minion, then go to another minion without any gems. If you mouse over the same exact spot (on the second minion) where you placed the gem on the first minion it will show a description of the gem (from the first minion), despite it not having any gems.

Basically, instead of “Insert Gem” description, it shows the gem description from another minion.

Also using the skill destabilize moves the minion forward and it does not return to it’s original position…so every time I use it, the minion crosses the enemies field more and more.

 
Flag Post

You mentioned rarities… Is there a way to determine these?

I initially assumed it to be the little circular symbols next to the names, (") (>) (^) (+), but I’ve not been able to find anything specific. Are those rarity symbols, and if so is that the correct order?

Edit: Those symbols seem to relate to a 5% stat boost… So is there any way at all to determine the rarity tiers?

 
Flag Post

After I got the first sage seal, I went back to previous levels to find the hidden treasures…yet I found out there’s no easy way of getting out of the level! You must kill everyone again to get out. Could there possibly be a way to get back to level selection?

Edit: I see you can select another minion upon replay, never mind about above.

 
Flag Post

I hope to see it published on Kong soon!

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Captain_Catface:

You mentioned rarities… Is there a way to determine these?

I initially assumed it to be the little circular symbols next to the names, (") (>) (^) (+), but I’ve not been able to find anything specific. Are those rarity symbols, and if so is that the correct order?

Edit: Those symbols seem to relate to a 5% stat boost… So is there any way at all to determine the rarity tiers?

I would also like to know how we determine which minions are rare. I completed the Bonus Level which states I could obtain a rare minion but I have no idea if I’ve obtained it or not (the minion I obtained was Foramare).

 
Flag Post

Game just completely broke for me I think. The bottom opponent doesn’t even lose 1 health after a barrage of attacks. Here is a screenshot of the battle, as well as the destabilize bug.

As you can see, I can’t even select my rightmost skill because its off the screen!

 
Flag Post

Well, I’ve completed normal mode… I’m guessing the rarity is just Titan > Floor-Rares (The two shown on each bonus floor) > Everything else.

I’m wondering if there’s any actual reason to complete Hard mode, since the Titan is gone. The game’s been quite fun.

Edit: I also can’t seem to play any level other than 1-1 in hard mode. Do you have to complete all stars on hard levels in order to complete the next?

 
Flag Post

@Silverax Thanks so much for checking it out! We’re going to get that destabilize move fixed in the next build, thanks for letting us know! But for now I’m pretty sure saving and refreshing the page will fix it. Also, you can do a save and return to lobby anytime you want to exit a floor :)

@Captain_Catface Yep, you’ve got the rarities spot on :) Sorry about that hard mode glitch! That fix is going to be in the next build as well. Congrats on beating the game! Yeah, the hard mode is just there for those that want to see how good of a team they can put together.

@Caleb_Nyuu We’re excited to have you play it!

@TheCongressman The rare minions are the ones that have their icons where the world/level number is. So in the first bonus floor the rare minions are the t-rex and the praying mantis. But whenever you complete one of those floors even the non-rare minions that drop and pretty sweet. I’m always pretty excited when I get Foramare, I personally spec sporeblast. Also, I LOVE your avatar :)

Thanks again guys, I’m going to have those glitches fixed in the next couple of days!

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by ToyChestGames:

@TheCongressman The rare minions are the ones that have their icons where the world/level number is. So in the first bonus floor the rare minions are the t-rex and the praying mantis. But whenever you complete one of those floors even the non-rare minions that drop and pretty sweet. I’m always pretty excited when I get Foramare, I personally spec sporeblast. Also, I LOVE your avatar :)

Ah, okay, thanks for information. Foramare is quite awesome. :)

 
Flag Post

After losing a battle and repeatedly pressing the spacebar button to skip through watching my minions XP increase, this happened:

I can walk all around the dark areas and on walls but I am unable to return the the actual play area.

 
Flag Post

Thanks for letting us know about that TheCongressman! We’re going to get that fixed right away! If you want to get back you can hit the save and return to lobby.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by ToyChestGames:

Thanks for letting us know about that TheCongressman! We’re going to get that fixed right away! If you want to get back you can hit the save and return to lobby.

Alright, thanks. Also, I can get back just by walking into doorway and entering into another room. :)

 
Flag Post

Just a heads up if you weren’t aware, the bug also seems to happen when I forfeit this particular match (tested 2 times).

 
Flag Post

Thanks TheCongressman :)

 
Flag Post

Hey guys, we have the game up on Kongregate right now!

http://www.kongregate.com/games/ToyChestGames/min-hero-tower-of-sages

 
Flag Post

Awesome, I’m excited to see it on Kongregate, although I am wondering if you guys are planning to add the Kongregate API to the game — the game would easily receive achievements and even more players (and revenue, ‘cause who doesn’t like some extra money).

 
Flag Post

Whoops I thought I already had the api in :) Thanks for the heads up, I’m going to see if I can’t get it figured out tonight

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by ToyChestGames:

Whoops I thought I already had the api in :) Thanks for the heads up, I’m going to see if I can’t get it figured out tonight

Well, I think I’ve heard that some API can be implemented but not appear as a highscore option, I could be wrong, but anyways thanks for the reply. :)

 
Flag Post

There would probably never be a Pokemon game like this. With over 500 Pokemon, it would take a long time to customize each one. But i would love to try this game you are talking about.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by SnackKing:

There would probably never be a Pokemon game like this. With over 500 Pokemon, it would take a long time to customize each one. But i would love to try this game you are talking about.

The game has already been released, try it out here.

 
Flag Post

Dear god, I love this idea and I really love the art behind it! Gorgeous!

It kind of reminds me of Dream Eaters from Kingdom Hearts 3D, except not a bad idea! I definitely plan on playing this…

@PlatypusMan: I was thinking the exact same question! I’m pretty positive they would almost have to scale down the sheer number of Pokemon to really be able to feasibly do this, but still, it’s worth checking out.

 
Flag Post

hi guys I am new to kong n saw this on google what is this game called so I may play it, it seems fun from the topics I just read on it right now.