Pandemic 2: Better 100-day Strategy page 4

208 posts

Flag Post

Just wiped out humanity on day 104. God dammit! Although the strategy itself is totally flawless. It just took too long to get out of Madagascar because that’s just how it works.

Flag Post

i get it! thanks

Flag Post

I don’t see coughing OR sneezing in Pandemic 2.

Flag Post

Won in 85 days on my second attempt of a best start region. started in New Zealand. didn’t notice when every country was infected, because i was kind of ’’WOOT’’ when i saw Madagascar getting infected very quickly.
To all the people saying that there is no strategy in this game- watch and see how many people you can infect and how many regions lock out if you add all 4 T1 symptoms. that should be noticeable. this strategy WORKS. If you don’t succeed at first, 10 tries should do it…honest. And yes… This pretty much like most games- You have to pray to the RNG. (random number generator)

Flag Post

86 days using this strategy, starting in new zealand. I actually didnt follow it perfectly, i wouldnt be paying attention and the populations were way what they were suppose to when it came to seilling things.

Flag Post

First attempt using this strategy and i kill EVERYONE MUAHAHAHAHA at 77 days-WIN!

Flag Post

Worked well.

Flag Post

Coughing is not a symptom!

Flag Post

Sweet strategy took a few times to get a best start but i landed in cuba, infected the whole world in 22 days and killed them all by 77 days, Madagascar caused me a couple of problems in a couple of runs but otherwise totally flawless!

Flag Post

VERY good statergy.
So close with this one.. (101 days) lol fail.

Nice Comic Btw.

Flag Post

The sad thing is what happened in the comic Orzo made happened to me…I had 30 infections in Greenland as my start and Madagascar shut down, it was day 5…

Flag Post

I started playing the game with greenland. day 5 russia gets infected. I deleted coughing at 5k like told.I followed the it going like should then BAM at day 22 maddy closed it’s ports. I got mad and left it on. I then came back and I saw a boat near maddy. and then IT WENT IN. at day 42 a boat went into maddy 20 days after maddy closed it’s ports. I beat the game in 90 days. China had the last man.

Flag Post

Followed the strategy and it’s tru, the “slow down/be patient” method is the key along with avoiding the mainland countries. I was done in 92 days…I’m a little upset tho because my pop blocker didn’t let two pop ups come on when the game ended and I didn’t recieve my badge or medal. So back to the drawing board.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

3 11 08 for me i think thats even below 90 days

Flag Post
Originally posted by Orzo:

HAHa thats just awesome!

Flag Post

I’m afraid it just doesn’t seem to be working for me, though I’m following it exactly. It could just be bad luck. The information on populations in re: closures is certainly helpful.

Flag Post

Got the badge after 96 days. I got all countries infected apart from Argentina after 10 days, and waited untill everything was infected at 25 days. Followed Solprovider’s short version :)

Although I have played the game many times before, it has been a while now, and this was my third attempt.

Flag Post

this strategy worked for the most part, I infected every country by day 31 but madagascar. A few seconds after i infected china madagascar shut down :(
P.S. I love the madagascar cartoon. so true! :D

Flag Post

I got all the badges a while ago .. And it took me no skill or luck to do which was cool but it took me at least a few days to actually get it before 100

Flag Post

Great guide – it took me about 15 tries to get the impossible badge using it; prior to using your guide I was never able to get into Madagascar. I think the guidelines about when to sell which symptoms are really useful. For people this isn’t working for, just keep trying as eventually the RNG will favor you.

Flag Post

Amazing guide. I’m sure either some data mining or some decompiling went into this, but it’s 100 times more accurate than those stupid copy-pasted guides in the comments.

Finally got the impossible badge within half an hour of trying this guide. Most annoying, I probably would have gotten it 5 or 6 times over by now if I knew about that “half life effect”. How on Earth were we meant to know that not buying drug 4 would cause exponential population decay?

Flag Post

great strategy…. worked well after some tries

Flag Post

@Stereotomy I never decompiled this game. Played for 6 days without sleep. The first 2 days were spent trying every strategy found on the Web; decided most were from people who got lucky once. Then thought about the game and developed this strategy. Learned about the Half-Life Effect the hard way – “winning” on Day 140 when less than 10,000 were alive on Day 70. Kept tweaking until won on day 4. Stayed awake for another 2 days testing my strategy and writing the guide. I was determined that others would not suffer as I did.

Over the next month, the numbers and instructions were tweaked and many of the Notes were added as people asked questions in Chat. The order for buying symptoms at the end was changed a bit – the original list was too efficient and could kill faster than infect. Could have added a comment about only buying killing symptoms after everybody is infected – specifically getting Kidney Failure immediately, but figured that was overkill – any game with everybody infected much before that point in the list would be won anyway. The last edit was probably in May 2009 for the comment encouraging selling early when doing well.

This strategy is not the only way to earn the Impossible Badge. It may be the only way to win consistently. I’ve won over 300 times using this strategy – was winning about half the Best Starts.

Flag Post

Thanks dude for this:Congratulations! You just won the President Madagascar Assassin Badge and 60 points!