Pandemic 2: Better 100-day Strategy page 6

208 posts

Flag Post

Finally got the badge. Started in New Zealand. Everyone infected by day 22. Everyone dead by, I think, day 93.

Had to restart several time because Madagascar is freaking paranoid. And the one time I started in Madagascar, the whole of South America was all “NOPE! Lol!” >_>

Flag Post

Just gonna gravedig this and say… Thanks, this guide was awesome!

Flag Post

I tried the good start (one of the small islands) so often that I got fed up and just tried to do my own thing.
Started in Australia, invested in “Rodents” transmission and prompty got Argentina and Madagascar diseased. I think I had the world infected by day 27 or so. Followed the basic guide afterwards and got the impossible badge with a time of 86 days.
Finally!

I really think they should have added an option that lets you choose where to start though.. reloading was hella annoying ;)

Flag Post

I got 79 days using this strategy.
I also looked at the other guides too but.. xD

Flag Post
Originally posted by HeyDoYaThang:

All guides for this game seem useless. This game is based on pure luck and not strategy. Your chances of infecting the entire world seem to be 1 out of 100. Your visibility seems pointless. If you get the stealth trait you might think that finally you will be able to infect the world, especially if you have 0 visibility but you would be wrong. Start in a good location…doesn’t seem to matter.

You’re definitely right.
-————————————————
Yet the strategy worked, anyway, OP, thanks a lot.

Flag Post

This works. I suggest starting in Cuba. One thing I did differently though, was that when the disease first left cuba I dropped sneezing and coughing IMMEDIATELY. The world was infected by 22, then I ramped up the chaos as specified.

Flag Post

Best guide everz I always got at least 70% of suceeding with this strategy

Flag Post

Good god, fourth time I try this after an evening of going it solo, I find myself overjoyed by an infected Madagascar! Only to wallow in dismay at the discovery of an un-infectable Argentina. Really? This game is just playing with my head I think… Thanks for the help anyway though!

edit: then I start AS Argentina revenge is sweet lol

Flag Post

Wait until the vaccine is nearing completion to purchase Drug resistance. I’ve been able to close all of the hospitals before the vaccine was completed and it could save a ton of evolution points.

Flag Post

what is the back story for this game? if we are evil scientists, with the money for a level 3+ bio-containment lab, don’t you think we could afford a nuke or two, just for madagascar?

Flag Post

Is it worth it to invest in Heat II, Moisture II & Cold II at any point during the game?

Flag Post

EDIT: Nvm. It has its uses near the end, when only Argentina was left and only the border was open. I dunno if Heat II helped at all, but I like to think it did. :P

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by RanRanRu:
Originally posted by HeyDoYaThang:

All guides for this game seem useless. This game is based on pure luck and not strategy. Your chances of infecting the entire world seem to be 1 out of 100. Your visibility seems pointless. If you get the stealth trait you might think that finally you will be able to infect the world, especially if you have 0 visibility but you would be wrong. Start in a good location…doesn’t seem to matter.

You’re definitely right.
-————————————————
Yet the strategy worked, anyway, OP, thanks a lot.

i seem to like just making it spread LOADS and then it gets madagascar and infects everyone but kills no one and then i get heart and kidney and liver failure to kill everyone and it works!

Flag Post

Sixtuple post, stop spamming!

Flag Post

i hate cuba and madagascar. ^in the post above they should make a cuba version

Flag Post

^Stop spamming please.

Flag Post

i just like that comic thing
and dont dis

Flag Post

Hey, you don’t need to spam a thread with idiotic remarks, say what you want to say in one post.

Flag Post

Commenting more than once in a row is spamming, you did it six times & no, I’m not dissing. Just saying.