Pandemic 2: Better 100-day Strategy page 7

206 posts

Flag Post

1.start in greenland with virus
2.if you dont have sneezing buy it and coughing
3.buy 1-1-1-0 resistance
4.when a mainland reaches 8000 infected sell coughing
5.wait for all countries get infected
6.buy coughing,tier2,tier3,hemorraging,pulmonary edema,diahrrea,kidney failure,hypersentivity,fever,fatigue and vomiting
7.buy 4 drug resistance
8.you will win in less than 100 days to get the impossible badge
(if madagascar shuts down the shipyard restart from 1)

Flag Post

I won in 81 days thanks to your strategy! and got my first impossible badge!

Flag Post

Thanx…. I also won because of your strategy in about 96 days!!!!!
My country was CUBA and mexico almost shut down!!! but sneezing really helped

Flag Post

Thanks man, i won in 89 day! First try :)

Flag Post

it worked on my 2nd try using the quick explanation!!! thank you :D

Flag Post

I had no luck in beating this game so far…

Flag Post

started in Madagascar, for 55 days not a single ship out of there, then the gov shut down everything. – -b

Flag Post

Super Guide, I finally got the badge after nearly 100 tríes.

I started in Greenland and got Madagascar at Day24 and at least Argentina at Day26.
First I thought i would finish it at Day50 but I also needed until Day98

But Badge is Badge =)

So thank you very much for this guide

Flag Post

I got it on my second go :D Madagascar failed for me, but greenland worked great! I finished on day 89! I was lucky to get madagascar cause the shipyard just closed, and a not long after a ship went in :D

Thanks for the great guide!

Flag Post

Got it today after many many tries!

Flag Post

It took me about three hours to get the stinkin’ badge. I started in Greenland and won in 79 days. I used solprovider’s guide, and it worked pretty well for the most part. Luck is definitely the deciding factor in this game.

Flag Post

Couldn’t get it until I bought Fever right away. Starting in Greenland was a big help. Did not purchase a single transmission the entire game:

- Started in Greenland
- Bought Fever, Sneezing, Coughing
- Bought Cold I, Heat I, Moisture I
- Sold Coughing at 8,000 infected in Greenland
- Sold Sneezing at 30,000 infected in Greenland
- All infected, bought Drug IV
- Bought Coughing, Hemorrhaging, Pulmonary Edema, Diarrhea, Kidney Failure, Hypersensitivity

Infected Madagascar at @ day 15, all infected @ day 20

Beat game @ 90 days

Flag Post

Curse you, Gods of Random…

Flag Post

I used this technique and wiped out everything in 79 days and got third place on the daily score list. Great strategy!

Flag Post

starting in madagascar is so much easier,done in 60 days

Flag Post

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr…. I beat realistic two times, including getting the impossible badge.

But I can’t beat relaxed to get the hard badge. What the hell is going on here. I thought relaxed mode is easier to achieve than the impossible badge, seriously. I just don’t know how to do this man.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got my hard badge.

Flag Post

Ok so I just played threw it and this guide helpped out amazingly but my only chances seemed to come from New Zeland

Flag Post

I would not be surprised though if I started a game and Madagascar just straight shuts down before my first 10 infected

Flag Post

After four hours of playing, I finally beat it! This guide is great, just the refreshing to get a good spot on the map was a pain in my bum! I started in Cuba (started with fever and airbourne). Basically, everywhere was infected but Japan and Madagascar by day 15, so I bought waterbourne and they were both infected two days later so everyone was infected by day 17. Completely wiped out human population by day 76. :))) Thank you!

Flag Post

This is a really great guide, I finally got the badge after numerous attempts.

Flag Post

It’s always Madagascar screwing my games

Flag Post

The badge is named “President Madagascar Assassin” for a reason.

Flag Post

We hear a lot of things about the best starting countries, so I put it to a test.
I tested each country 5 times.
Buy Sneezing and sell all symptoms once the starting country becomes infectious.
Buy the first Cold, Heat and Moisture.
The goal of the test was to see if you could infect all countries except one. If more than one country was unaffected, it counted as 0.
So I will post the result of those that made it. The others did not in 5 turns, so they are not contenders. The positive number is the number of days it took, the letter, the last country remaining, if that was the case:

Greenland
M-M-M-M-25

Australia
28-M-0-M-M

Cuba
M-M-0-M-M

New Zealand
M-0-M-36-0

Madagascar
Cb-0-0-43-Mx

South Africa
0-28-M-0-0

Canada
M-0-0-0-M

East Europe
28-0-0-0-0

I have put them in order from best to last, according to the test. So the OP is right, except you can add Australia and to some extent, South Africa. The last two depends a lot about them infecting Greenland fast, so I don’t think they should be tried, but they are possible.

As a note, the 43 days with Madagascar, I would not have had the badge. There was 5 Russians left after 99 days, hiding in the snow. :p

You need to infect the world faster than 40 days to make it, which will happen with any country except Madagascar. When other countries fail, it is because countries are shutting down, and this happens usually before day 30. Madagascar is quite random, and rely a lot on which country it infects first, and when, but it does make the game the most interesting.

As a note, if you have everything infected but not Peru and Argentina and countries start shutting down, buy the 4 drugs updates to speed things up, and maybe coughing and sneezing so Brazil can infect them faster. They saw you anyway. I got a couple wins like this which were pretty close.

Flag Post

Won in about a dozen tries. Thanks Sol.

Flag Post

start in madagascar
???

PROFIT