Ok, so the android and iOS gaming scene is actually pretty huge.
Some games have a million or more players. (shocked)
I’ve been playing some RPGs, Puzzles, CCG and a variety of other time wasters.
(Currently most active in Defender of Texel, see below.)
And, I’m curious what you’re playing.
Everyone has heard of Angry birds, Plants vs Zombies and Candy Crush by now,. surely?
But, what about the slightly less known – but still amazing games?
What do you play?
Free games are preferred obviously – but lately I’ve seen iOS ports of classic Commodore, sega, and nintendo games being released.
Sadly at a rate of 5-15$ which is,. a bit excessive for games you can play for free on your PC… Still, some of them offer big improvements / new graphics and sounds, extra levels. It’s worth taking a look to see if you can find some of your favorite classic games.
e.g. Secret of mana, Alien breed and even final fantasy and Worms!
At any rate, I’d like to recommend you look at:
- Jelly Splash – if you like candy crush, you’ll enjoy this one. Personally I find it to be better / more fun. But it has some drawbacks as well, such as mandatory facebook integration if you want to get past level 60 / 80. And it’s iOS only currently.
- Defender of Texel (as above) – ios and android. If you’ve played games such as guardian cross, spellstorm, hellfire, dark summoner, rage of bahamut, deity wars, etc. You’ll be familiar with the RPG/CCG genre to collect cards, evolve them, and then use them for PVP or missions/events. DoT really stands out of the crowd because of it’s systems, frequent events, method of growing cards and graphics. It’s well worth a try. Feel free to use my code “NGaF” if you decide to try it later. You can enter the code after defeating the first boss for a nice bonus. We both get a little bonus, a rare monster which is never a bad thing since you can trade it later.
- Motor world – Car Garage. It’s a collectible game which allows you to build cars, manage a car factory, upgrade your cars and then use them to race vs your friends. There’s a wiki page for it as well, if you want to look around the graphics: http://motorworld.wikia.com/wiki/Motor_World_Wiki – The game has a very classic feel to it. It has some stability issues which might deter some users, but if you got a fast phone the game will also perform better. And support is unlike any other – fast and friendly.
- Clash of Clans – originally based off the popular flash game “backyard monsters”. You build a base, you upgrade the buildings, and 1 minute becomes 2 minutes, becomes 15, 1 hour, 4 hours, 1 day, 1 week to wait for such upgrades. Normally such games entertain me for 2-3 days before I realize,. “damn, they did it to me again”,. and quit in rage because i fell for the age old joke that such games always are. Not this one though,. yes it does take an age to upgrade the top level buildings. BUT, unlike all the others this game has balanced it perfectly in between the ability to get more resources, attack other players, gain an automatic shield when attacked, the ability to hire extra workers by completing achievements, and a friendly clan system. If you ever rage quit a similar game like me – TRY THIS ONE. You won’t regret it.
- Bad piggies – a puzzle game, kind of popular, and i think it’s from the creators of angry birds.
- Beasty bay – if you’re into pokemon like games – try this one. It’s an rpg/adventure/evolve monsters game which works very similar. Don’t be discouraged if you mis-place some buildings early on, you’ll be able to destroy them later and replace them.
- Plants vs zombies 2 – the sequel, I haven’t touched it much yet, but heck, it’s the same game as far as ive seen so far. Just with egyptian zombies / mummies as well. It’s free, so grab it.
Give me your suggestions! :)