Dolphin olympics 2 walkthrough

165 posts

Flag Post

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sIO9yFnUvVU&amp;rel=1" width="425" height="355"></embed>

this is basically how you get to the top

Flag Post

So, how do we do all those tricks? Like corkscrews, starslides, and carnivals?

Flag Post

hold down to do a corkscrew, and hold down while passing a line of stars to do a starslide.

I don’t know what a carnival is but I think it’s when you keep holding rotate as you enter the water and still get a perfect entry.

Flag Post

Could somebody list all the tricks? I got all o them but rewinds, wraparound, and carnivals.

Flag Post

A wraparound is when you keep holding rotate from when you enter the water to when you leave it.

Flag Post

lol see how hard this game is :D

Flag Post

A backside rewind is doing a backflip and then doing a front flip, and a frontside rewind is doing a front flip and then a backflip…

Flag Post

Can someone please explain to me how tailsliding/starsliding works? I mean, whenever I finish a tailslide, the dolphin just plops back into water, even if I’ve already built a lot of speed. But in stealthsilent’s video, the dolphin bullets up after a tailslide! Am I doing something wrong? The instructions just said press up after a tailslide to get out…

Flag Post

Ok, there are two things about this video that don’t make any sense to me.. one of them sooshi67 already mentioned the second is how do you not break your chain of tricks with those kind of entries? In the game I’m playing here on Kongregate it’s a belly flop unless you enter at a perfect 90 degree angle nose down (and even then there are random times when it doesn’t work) and thus I hit the floor whenever I fall from REALLY high above….whats up with this?

Flag Post

Serj : To keep your combos when your enter the water,do a nice entry before touch the surface and try to leave the water ASAP. :)

Basically if you can get to the “restaurant” you’ll be able to get all the badges. lol

Flag Post

Kannushi I’m talking about this video, the dolphin enters the water at a 45 degree angle, keeps the combo/speed and doesn’t hit the floor because it slows down in the water due to the angle…I tried doing this several times in the game, and the only way to keep the combo and speed is with a 90 degree entry!

Flag Post

You don’t have to enter at 90 degrees. You have to enter at the same angle as the direction you’re going. That means if you’re moving at a 45-degree angle you need to enter the water at a 45-degree angle. Enter at 90 degrees and you’ll splash. Use the trail of stars behind you as a guide.

I finally got the hard badge, but I’m nowhere near getting to the restaurant. I’ve been to Mars once and that’s it x(

Flag Post

Wraparound: Hit the water at an angle while holding the opposite arrow key, doing a loop through the water and coming out moving the same horizontal direction as you entered.

Reversal: Hit the water at an angle and do a loop underwater, coming out moving the opposite direction as you entered. A partial wraparound, basically.

Carnival: Hold a flip all the way from the beginning of the jump back under the water while getting a nice entry. Works for front flips or back flips.

Flag Post

Shooting up off of a slide is based on how you enter the slide. If you’re going at an angle that’s closer to 90 degrees, your slide is going to be horribly slow and will probably destroy your combo. However, if you hit the surface of the water while going almost horizontally, your slide will move extraordinarily quickly, and pressing up at that point will rocket you upwards.

Flag Post

233,657,418!?!? What the!?

Flag Post

You don’t have to enter at 90 degrees. You have to enter at the same angle as the direction you’re going. That means if you’re moving at a 45-degree angle you need to enter the water at a 45-degree angle. Enter at 90 degrees and you’ll splash. Use the trail of stars behind you as a guide.

Cool, thanks…this should have been clearer in the instructions I think since it’s not very logical.

Flag Post

Wait, how is it not logical? That’s how it works with a real falling body in real water.

Flag Post

What a show off! JK XD Congratulations!

Flag Post

what I mean is since the background doesn’t move in the direction that you are flying (unless you always stay below the clouds) it seems that the dolphin jumps straight up and falls straight down with his body at a different angle not the flight trajectory, but otherwise yeah it’s logical I guess I should have used a different word…

Flag Post

Oh, I see. Yeah, just pay attention to the tail of stars behind you instead of the background.

I’ve watched all of stealthsilent’s restaurant videos on youtube, and here’s how I would summarize the strategy:

-Do regular tricks to get into space. Here’s the full list as far as I know: nice entry, schooled, corkscrew, front flip, backflip, reversal, wraparound, carnival, frontside rewind, backside rewind. Try to get as many of these as possible to boost your multiplier since repeating any one trick suffers from diminishing returns. Don’t worry about carnival after your first couple flips because it’s tough to do without splashing. There’s also Extension but hitting these is mostly luck.

-Once you’re in space (with the fireworks), work on building horizontal speed by spending a little extra time underwater and coming out at a shallow angle. Do a tailslide or two to boost your combo while traveling very horizontally, and if you do it just right you can get decent height off it too. Be careful not to lose your combo by spending too much time underwater.

-Once you get high enough to starslide, you should be holding the down arrow constantly on the way up so you can hit any starslides you encounter. Hit a starslide and jump out of it as fast as you can (otherwise you may run off the end of a row of stars and fall back down). You should be moving as horizontally as possible here so you get as much height as possible off the starslide jumps. Keep jumping off starslides this way as high as you can. Hopefully you will reach Neptune within a couple jumps.

-When you get to Neptune, you’re pretty much home free I think as long as you have time to fall back down for another jump. When you hit the water, come back up as horizontally as you can for a tailslide, jump out of it, and you should get to the restaurant. I wouldn’t hold the down arrow on the way up since you actually don’t want to hit a starslide and fall out of it, though I haven’t tested this idea at all as I’ve yet to even reach Uranus.

Sound reasonable, stealthsilent?

Flag Post

GuidedByLemons hit it right on..horizontal speed = verticle speed

also, when you hit the starslides by jupiter/saturn, its not a bad idea to just slide right off the sides of them if you have 20-30 seconds left..that way you will have a nice horizontal angle to hit the water with, which makes it easier to get an effective tailslide which will turn into a very high jump

Flag Post

well your summary pretty much explains it

Flag Post

I can’t do it. I can’t get past “Nebulous!”

Flag Post

i keep getting the black screen o’ death

Flag Post

i can add one way to make the game aaaaaaa lot easier, but you have to convince me