Dolphin olympics 2 walkthrough page 7

156 posts

Flag Post

how to do in dolphin olympics corkscrew and frontflip?

Flag Post

I got the impossible badge, and here’s what I did.

If you exit the water at X degrees, you have to enter at X degrees to get a nice entry. If you exit the water at 10 degrees, than you have to enter at 10 degrees. Understand? Good.

You go out of the water straight up, and fall back in straight down, twice. On the thrid, come out at a -65 degree angle, going to the right, and do a backflip, enter the water a 65 degree angle to keep your combo streak. Pop out of the water at 30-45, and hold the down arrow key, it’ll make you do barrel rolls, easy multiplyer, and the more multiplyer you have, the faster you go. The problem is if you hold the barrel roll down, you do rotations slower, so backflips/frontflips are harder to do. The more nice entries you have, the faster you go, knowing this, exit the water at about 10-15 degree angles, and enter back in at 10-15 degree angles. As with multiplyers, the more of one trick you do, the less multiplyer you get from it, so be sure to do frontlips as well as backflips, and try to get a backflip+frontflip in one 20-25 degree angle jump, it’s a new trick, and gives you a +1.2x multiplyer. By the time you get 20-25 nice entries, the timer should be atleast at 1:00, if not restart. Now, don’t start tailsliding yet, you still have to get the starslide which makes tailsliding much more effective. So Jack-knife it at about a 50-60 degree angle. With 20-25 nice entries, and a multiplyer of atleast 15x (hopefully), you should atleast make it to mars. This is were luck comes in, because we are at such a steep angle, we have to hope that we find some stars. Mars has a really nice star-foundation, so if you miss the stars on mars, than you should restart. When you find the stars, hold Down to star slide, and ride it for a second, now press the up arrow key to pop up. Don’t hit any more stars, and fall back into the water. Now we can start tail-sliding. Be almost vertical to the water going up at about a 5 degree angle, be holding down so that your dolphin is doing barrel rolls in the water, this will keep your combo alive. Tailside on the water, and pop up. You should be rocketing through the air. Be sure that you’re doing backflips/frontflips/barrel rolls. When you hit stars, immediately press the up arrow key, and you’ll go sailing even higher. When you get past the planet after saturn, I think it’s neptune, fall back down into the water. This is where most people I know fail. They enter the water so fast, they don’t have time to react and they smash into the bottom. But you have to react fast. Immediatly do the tailside again, and you should be going even faster. Again, hold Down until you start starsliding, and again, immediatly press up. You’ll go rocketing even higher, and again, you have to have luck for hitting the stars at pluto, if you miss pluto, you won’t even get close to the resteraunt. Good luck, and if nothing makes sense in this guide than ask me on my profile and I’ll explain it in more detail.

Flag Post

lol going to the diner is impossible to me… i just barely passed the passing gas (uranus), and to pluto on untimed mode

Flag Post
Originally posted by Apple0726:

lol going to the diner is impossible to me… i just barely passed the passing gas (uranus), and to pluto on untimed mode

FAIL BUMP. There are plenty of walkthroughs here.

Flag Post

To get higher points you dont need to jump higher, actually you ve gotta wait about 1min to gain some real altitute. Spend your first :30 by doing schooled, wraparound (2x), reversal (2x), tailslides(3x) and hopefully some carnivals then go on up to 1:00 doing some nice entries (15+). Do not jump vertical because you lose valuable time in the air; instead get back in the water as quickly as you can, so that you can build up your combo. After 1:00 you will have enough speed to go to mars, which has a good, long starslide, you can slide on. To be honest you need to be lucky after this point, again jump as high as you can, drop to the water, turn back to the surface with a tailslide if you are fast and jump again. Tailsliding gives you high horizontal speed, which is actually what you need. Vertical jumping is not a good idea, never jump higher that 45 deg even if you do not do tailslide.

Flag Post

Can’t believe no one posted this, but to make starting off faster, get a bunch of fish to follow you. Now press escape and restart the current game (not the page). Jump out of the water and you instantly get the fish following points and and schools out tricks, giving you extra points without wasting any time at all.