[Bush Whacker Classic] House Contest

33 posts

Flag Post

This now managed by Paula, on another thread. Go here if you’re interested

While (and if) the contest is not separated from the facebook one, i thougth we could choose, every week, someone to vote, to help trying to win the contest.

Note: I’ll keep editing the first posts with the interested names, and the current people we are trying to help. If you’re interested post it here or tell me.

This Week Chosen Player:

toomucheffort

Flag Post

Reserved for voters

Flag Post

Week 1: BethanieC – 2nd Place
Week 2: Lackper – 2nd Place
Week 3: toomucheffort – 1st Place :D

Flag Post

The list of the interested people will depend on order of arrival and the quality of his/her house!

For later weeks(right now, only by order of arrival):
Fabiomeister
shubie1
adrett
Zanduken
dreamnitedarling
DocHoneydew
vonforum
ninifromspace
Lairostall

BethanieC
Lackper

Flag Post

TACTICS:

1. To avoid being outvoted, try voting as late as you can. The voting ends mondays, so voting sunday would be the safest. What i’m gonna do is give 1 vote now and the remaining 2 sunday. If you already voted, keep it.
  2. If the chosen person gets in 1st with a big distance from the 2nd place, giving one to another friends with 0 is a nice choice, so he/she can get an item too. But be careful, don’t do that in the last days of voting! or it might ruin the plan.

Flag Post

I’m all for a system to give players a chance to grab 1st place if they have not had it yet.

Flag Post

Well, seeing as they can’t split the servers (more like can’t be bothered) we’ll try this for a while.

Flag Post

Hey, this is pretty kewl. I approve. Stickied cuz I can C:

Flag Post

Despite all the fab people voting for me, I only managed 2nd.
A player named LoZaH came out of nowhere in last few days :(
Hopefully we can get No1 with next weeks player.

Flag Post

If noone else remembers to cheat so arrogantly and indiscreetly with a clearly undeserving house, we might do it. Fortunately, at least this one can’t do it again for 4 weeks.

So, that aside, who do you guys think should be chosen for this week? Keep in mind not only the order of arrival but in first place, the quality of their house.

Flag Post

you say undeserving house but it looked nicer than others with just a bunch of crap thrown around. In the future I’d just go by order of arrival so the older players can get that ribbon and then the house contest wouldn’t apply to them anymore.

Flag Post

So I cheated? Lol. I mean fixing the voting so Facebook players don’t win isn’t cheating right? So screw any of you idiots who think I cheated just cause your pick of the week didn’t win!

Flag Post
Originally posted by G_Prime:

you say undeserving house but it looked nicer than others with just a bunch of crap thrown around. In the future I’d just go by order of arrival so the older players can get that ribbon and then the house contest wouldn’t apply to them anymore.

When i started i had the objective to convince DJarts to separate the contests, since there were people fixing the results in facebook. That was proved when a house with 1 chair and 1 carpet won with more than 30 votes difference with the 2nd place. Now that we know that won’t happen, we’re still trying to plan this around, try something else. This was the first week we tried to do something.
But yes, i might have exagerated with the “undeserving” part, not with the rest.

Originally posted by LoZaH:

So I cheated? Lol. I mean fixing the voting so Facebook players don’t win isn’t cheating right? So screw any of you idiots who think I cheated just cause your pick of the week didn’t win!

What we did was agreed by many different people that regularly play this game. You got 80 (last time i checked) votes, most or all in the last 3 days. I don’t need to explain noone that this surelly wasn’t the result of, at least, 25 different people opinions.

Flag Post

Was I part of that agreement? No, pretty sure I wasn’t. I just found out about fixing the votes today when someone mentioned I was being called a cheater. Anyways have fun with your “cheating”. Remember it’s just a game, there is always next week.

Flag Post

I vote for Lackper this week.
He has been trying to get round the fb fixing for us all to have a fair chance to win

Flag Post

I agree. I’ll vote for Lackper as well. (And get me on that list. please. I did broach the option of splitting the servers, even though it was shot down.)

Flag Post

Thank you both. Have asked around the chat, and most people agreed to be me, this week. Added some names in the list for other weeks. Keep telling me if you want to be in there.

Flag Post

so far it seems everyone agrees with Lackper this week (doing a great job)
Adrett seems most popular vote so far for next week as a kong player on both bw’s and a well known player

Flag Post

Great idea. I’ll try to vote for chosen player (:

Flag Post

Looks like, yet again, the Facebookers take most of the top spots. sigh

Flag Post

I posted a suggestion that could solve the problem with this contests. Please discuss it if you have anything to add, or any other solution.
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/318-bush-whacker-classic/topics/361249-seperate-facebook-players-and-kong-players?page=1#posts-7501137

If this can’t be done, maybe we could start choosing 2-4 players each week, to get them in the top 101, instead of just one player for the 1st place. Tell me what you think.

1 “(…)Places two through ten get a 100% energy boost and two special house items(…)”

Flag Post

Well, they answered that they won’t do any further development in here for now because they’re totally focused on bw2… So, you guys tell me who should we choose for this week.

Flag Post

Good idea… name the 3 and I’ll vote for them

Flag Post

how about toomucheffort this week?
Just been on game and she 2nd right now but could change soon with fb votes and we might not even get a top 5 player.
tme is a bw classic and bw2 player so i think she is deserving as no other nominated player this week?

Flag Post
Originally posted by PaulaHulse:

how about toomucheffort this week?
Just been on game and she 2nd right now but could change soon with fb votes and we might not even get a top 5 player.
tme is a bw classic and bw2 player so i think she is deserving as no other nominated player this week?

Looks fine to me. I asked around for people to say something for this week, but barelly noone answered, or i would have posted someone for this week already. So, toomucheffort is fine with me, she sure has a nice house :)