Mutilate-a-Doll 2 Official Thread page 2

2191 posts

Flag Post

YESSS! Now I can finally start making some machinery, with the linking bug fixed. I love you 0rava <3
Oh, what about the controllable property? Do you plan to re-add it with some tweaks or you don’t want it in the game anymore?

Edit:
No, wait, it doesn’t work as it should… I still get nonsensical links from triggerers to random objects on the field…

Flag Post

I have ideas: windshield wiper, pipe, rifle, bombshell (could be a bomb too), Pentagon, tire, and shockwave gun.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 0rava:

Looking for a few people who want to help create items for MaD2. Please PM me via my profile here on Kong if interested.

Some more info please like what exactly you will be doing. I don’t even know if you mean coming up with items or creating items in an engine.

Flag Post

0rava,I think you should really make weapons more tough. ’Cause I broke a chainsaw on a chair.

Flag Post
Originally posted by xXBestGuyXx:

0rava,I think you should really makes Weapons more tough. ’Cause I broke a Chainsaw on a Chair _.

Yeah, sometimes sharp objects break after a few hits on objects. Even while hitting ragdolls, as if ragdolls were made of steel xD

Flag Post

IcePlasma: So Cold, Only Frigomaniacs Can Hold It Safely.

Flag Post

If only something like this
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/3746/vumx.png
would be possible with other objects other than “gun gun” and “trashcan”…

Flag Post
Originally posted by nyvrem:

Looking for a few people who want to help create items for MaD2. Please PM me via my profile here on Kong if interested.

Some more info please like what exactly you will be doing. I don’t even know if you mean coming up with items or creating items in an engine.

I’m looking for people to create item skins using MaD Lab, the item editor for MaD2. You can see it in action here.

MaD Lab will be going public as an item suggestion platform at some point, so this is an initial item creation round to gauge interest and talent while I work on all the backend stuff.

Flag Post

i cant find the scale??

Flag Post

Fire extinguishers can’t handle being embiggenated.

Btw note to everybody: G is slowmo

Flag Post

Wow, you did a great job with this new engine.
One thing that needs to be changed is the resolution of the game, the interface takes up too much of the screen. I constantly find myself minimizing and expanding…

Flag Post

Some more fixes out, most notably:

- You can now shoot with the gun you’re dragging by pressing the Trigger Tool hotkey.

- Sharp objects such as swords no longer break when you slice things with them.

Other notes here

Flag Post

Some more fixes out, most notably:

- You can now shoot with the gun you’re dragging by pressing the Trigger Tool hotkey.

- Sharp objects such as swords no longer break when you slice things with them.

Other notes here

Automatic rifles only fire one bullet while it would be nicer for them to keep firing untill release.

Flag Post
Originally posted by nyvrem:

Automatic rifles only fire one bullet while it would be nicer for them to keep firing untill release.

Done.

You can now hold the key to shoot at normal fire rate, tap the key to shoot once, or frantically tap to shoot faster than normal fire rate.

Flag Post

0rava thank you for making a epic game, that always make my day better :D

Flag Post

Step 1: use U to attach a katana to an assault rifle
Step 2: accidently cut the assault rifle
Step 3: GOOD JOB! NOW THE KATANA HAS MERGED INTO THE BARREL OF THE ASSAULT RIFLE! NOBODY CAN STOP YOU EXCEPT PEOPLE WITH WORKING KATANAS, ASSAULT RIFLES OR OTHER!

still awesome though.
Dunno why.
Btw Orava I would love to be able to draw objects in the editor for suggestion.

Flag Post

After waiting 10 minutes for the ragdoll to catch fire, I understood that that lighter won’t light any ragdoll. Asd.
Oh, and the laser isn’t working. It won’t cut anything.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheNABBON:

After waiting 10 minutes for the ragdoll to catch fire, I understood that that lighter won’t light any ragdoll. Asd.
Oh, and the laser isn’t working. It won’t cut anything.

The laser should shoot from correct position now. The lighter is working for me (takes a while, but lights a doll in under a minute).

Flag Post

There should be an item to counter-act the anesthetic, like a stimulant of some sort, and the game would be much more realistic if a body part stopped working after being hit so many times, like a broken arm or leg.

Flag Post

Khan we use the item kreator to make items for our own levels?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Laendude:

MaD Lab doesn’t directly work with saves, the items have to be added to the game first to be saveable.

Flag Post

MaD Lab doesn’t directly work with saves, the items have to be added to the game first to be saveable.

No way to make personalized objects save-able and share-able? So Mad Lab will be kind of a “create object” → “share object” → “vote object”?
A platform to make suggestions?

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheNABBON:

No way to make personalized objects save-able and share-able? So Mad Lab will be kind of a “create object” → “share object” → “vote object”?
A platform to make suggestions?

I thought your original question was whether or not you could make whatever custom items you need and then save a level with those in it, which is not possible, but the system you described just now most certainly is.

Lab will work exactly like that, once I get all the server stuff handled and the platform properly set up (databases are nasty stuff because security and all that jazz.)

Flag Post

First item pack is made of magic, and lands some time next week.

Here’s a peek.

Flag Post

because of the health pool of every limb,we can revive the guys…for an example,see the level “the beta immortal” in the first of the top levels.I think this it would be useful to be able to change the angles of the ragdoll parts,to create our ragdoll-monster,then attach the head and heal it.This way,we can create lots of things!