Shigeru Miyamoto Won't Be Working On Mario Titles Anymore

9 posts

Flag Post

Yes I know how many people feel about this. But look he’s 60 years old and has been working with Nintendo for almost 40 years. What do you guys think. :(

Flag Post

Well it’s fairly sad that Miyamoto will no longer be working on Mario, but that doesn’t mean he’s leaving Nintendo just yet. He’s still going to work on new but smaller titles, and I feel it’s better for Miyamoto to leave while Mario is still successful so that he will never be known for losing his touch. Even when he does retire, I still have a feeling that he’ll still mentor and help out new developers for Nintendo.

Flag Post

It’s pretty sad, but I’m curious to see what new changes will see happen with future Mario games.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheQuietGamer:

It’s pretty sad, but I’m curious to see what new changes will see happen with future Mario games.

Yeah same. I really want to see if Mario will take a step in the right direction or if it’ll stagnate like it has until now.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Beny071:
Originally posted by TheQuietGamer:

Yeah same. I really want to see if Mario will take a step in the right direction or if it’ll stagnate like it has until now.

Mmm.

Flag Post

crosses fingers hoping Mario doesn’t wind up in a FPS

Flag Post

Well, now it’s time to see how the other Mario games change. Maybe the next one will have new stuff instead of being a straight linear piece of unoriginal crap.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aireific:

Well, now it’s time to see how the other Mario games change. Maybe the next one will have new stuff instead of being a straight linear piece of unoriginal crap.

I don’t seem to understand how people don’t realize that if Mario changes too much like you want him to, he wouldn’t be Mario anymore.

Yes, it’s the same concept. But that’s how his games are. That is like saying Pokemon shouldn’t be RPGs anymore.

People like it, and they also like the new features that get added along with it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aireific:

I don’t see how someone can call Mario “unoriginal”. If Mario games are unoriginal then every 2D platformer is unoriginal. Mario games add new power ups and improved level design with each new game. It may be the same genre, but it’s a different experience with each game. You may still be jumping on Goombas and rescuing the princess, but you can’t deny that every Mario game has distinctly different types of challenges in each game.