What has Assassins Creed become?!!

9 posts

Flag Post

Hello to all that read this. I am an AC super mega fan, if that exists that is me. So after playing AC 4, I was terribly disappointed. AC 4 is lacking everything that the series has stood for. What has the series stood for you ask? The creed is one thing, ya know that thing that all assassins live by? Ya, you probably don’t remember, because it was gone once we left Altair’s shoes.

Lets talk a little more in depth of what I mean.

When playing AC 4, I really found it more or less a pirate sim. As an AC vet, I found the combat to be too easy and lackluster. The missions repetitive, and a whole lot of that stupid “tailing” Now when I compare to AC 1, I have to realize that AC 1 was repetitive also, but it had the true meaning of what it is to be an assassin. The creed for instance. “Nothing is true, Everything is Permitted.” The last time that was mentioned was back at the end of Revelations, and even in Revelations Ezio did not follow the creed in any way. In fact in AC 2, when was Ezio even stealthy? “Hide in plain site.” I saw no hiding. The combat had become to easy, in fact lets talk about the combat.

For one in AC 1, you had to earn it. All of your skills, like you were true novice. You could not just chain kill, and running across rooftops was a death wish. In AC 1, you had two basic attacks Heavy and light. Heavy would obviously hurt more and had a chance to break a block, while light could be used for quick fighting or even parrying. More abilities was unlocked as you progressed, such as the counter, grab, and breaks. It was all earned, and there was much more strategy. In AC 4. Block, and counter. Thats it. Block and counter, and thats truly it, then you can start chain killing. No need to follow the creed here, if you are an ultimate badass.

Climbing is no longer a challenge, just hold your RT button and push up on the analog stick, and your up the building. Altair, had to look at his surroundings before undergoing a climb, why? Because you would get stuck, just like in real life. You see where I am getting at, its too user friendly.

Now lets talk about the bulk of the game, the missions.

When did you truly have to hide in AC 4 to get away from people after assassinating your target? The answer is never. All you had do was block and counter. Now in AC 1, you really had to think things over before attacking that target, you had have your escape ready, and how you were going to get close to the target. AC 4, jump kill. Chain kill all of the guards. You did not gather info, or look for an escape. You were not an assassin, Ezio is not an assassin, Conor is not an assassin. Altair is an assassin. He did the work to get to the target, just as true assassin would.

Alright now lets talk about the Animus.

In AC 1, you had a sync bar. It was displayed to show you, how well you were doing as your ancestor did. You see Altair was much too nimble to fall, and too cautious to ever be detected. So if you did any of those things, you would lose sync. It made sense, you “Desmond” was on a machine, and when you finally screwed up enough, you would lose sync and the Animus would have to reboot the memory to get back in sync. AC 4, this is non existent. You don’t feel as if you are syncing, its your health. Just another game play mechanic.

If I were to say anything to Ubisoft right now, I would say “Look to your ancestors and follow the creed.” That is all, comment your opinion if you wish.

Flag Post

I have to disagree with you about the combat in AC 1. All I ever had to do was block and parry. Heck, blocking and parrying is all I ever had to do in the AC games I’ve played. As for your opinions on AC 4 I really can’t say much at all because I haven’t played it, but maybe you’re viewing this new change to the series too negatively. It’s a chance to show a different side of the AC universe. Also you’re playing as a new protagonist so it’s not hard to assume that the character is going to behave differently than the previous protagonists. If they all acted like Altair (my favorite assassin yet) then it would be kind of repetitive. Anyway your opinion of AC 4 is your opinion and I respect that. All I’m trying to do is just show you another way of looking at it. Who knows, when I finally play AC 4 I might feel the exact same way.

Flag Post

The only two AC games I’m a fan of is the first one and Brotherhood. Everything after and between are lesser versions of the two dominant games.

Flag Post

Didn’t do the Black Flag, but from what I saw, this is more a game you play for fun, and forget about the AC saga.

Flag Post

QuietGamer, I see your point, and I respect it. All I am saying is that AC 4 is more of a lesser game, even with all its new content. It does not hold what the series stands for at all. Talking about other assassin creed games, what happened to having to research your target? What happened to killing stealthy? As for the combat, Heavy Attack, Counter Kill, and even grab break was taken out.

Beny, I though Brotherhood was too easy. Whenever you were in a bind just send down your assassins, and they will kill them all.

Dacister, I assumed that any video game we played it was for pure entertainment? Were you not entertained by previous AC games? Were they not fun? I found AC 1 very enjoyable because of how immersive it was. I did not find the same immersion after playing AC 4.

The simple fact is, I feel that Ubisoft need to go back to the drawing board and all the programmers and designers need to play AC1. Thats it, then they can make a great game like AC 1 is.

Flag Post

I’ve actually heard 4th is the best one (well better than 3). Revelations was pretty boring, imo.

Flag Post

I assummed.. for entertainment

Watch this and tell me that they aren’t playing for their livelihood

Flag Post
Originally posted by T6salt:

tell me more about these imaginary people that make a living off of AC4 multiplayer

Flag Post
Originally posted by CROWlolface:
Originally posted by T6salt:

tell me more about these imaginary people that make a living off of AC4 multiplayer

Tell me more about how you should read the quote in full in OP’s post 2 above that one.